Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe fans are bitter about about FG% and efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Lol, with some of the posters on here, sometimes it's REALLY tough to figure out who's being serious or not
    He was being serious. He was saying he doesn't care about individual players' accomplishments. It's not about Horry 7 > Jordan 6 to him. It's about Celtics 17, Lakers 16, Bulls 6, Spurs 4 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Kobe - 2/7 fmvps - not so efficient
    So with MJ being 6/6 does that mean MJ > Bran > Kobe in pauk's eyes?

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    So with MJ being 6/6 does that mean MJ > Bran > Kobe in pauk's eyes?
    pauk's logic

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Yes it's because they watch the games, they see the incredible impact he has. they don't need to twist and turn and torture meaningless stats down the nth degree like others do... you guys sit here and act as if a percentage point here and there is the ultimate tool for defining a 18 year career that's resulted in multiple championships, multiple accolades..

It's not...

Those one or two percentage points you waste your time parading about while classifying Kobe and or any other all time greats carry zero weight because he (kobe) and the other all time greats win games.... That's what they do, they win and they win a lot, they are not in the conversation as being an all time great because their FG% is 2 percent higher than some other guys, they're in the conversation because they win, they lead, they score by the bucketload, because there are more nights than not when they're unstoppable.. Thats why they're great, because they are the movers and shakers of the league not because they were efficient...

Kobe haters need to get over the FACT he'll go down as a top 5 all time and all your posts and all your whining and all your rape jokes and all the other childlike attempts degrade his place in NBA history won't change a thing...

I read these posts from Lebron fans and I've come to realize they don't know or understand what makes Kobe great, because they don't know what makes Lebron great, they think it's because he puts up pretty numbers and that's not even close to being the reason Lebron will be considered one of the all time greats when his story is told
    There is a reason, despite the impressive resume, no one (outside of the 13 yr old kids here) talks about him the way people talk about LeBron. He is still in the league and already irrelevant. He was a great player with a long, illustrious resume but those of us who are intimately involved with the game laugh at your notion that he impacts the game to the degree that other greats do.

Here is one Kobe fan that is not bitter about FG% and efficiency. I understand the context of those numbers and flow of the game.

National High School Star CJ Mustard's Avatar

I just don't understand how there are people who believe Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron when Lebron averages more PPG on higher efficiency for his career. Where is Kobe's argument?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    This is FACTUALLY incorrect. Across the board. Lets take an actual look:

Years 4% higher than league avg: 0/17
    Wade: years 4% higher than league avg: 3/11

Wade years > .570TS% - 6/11
    Kobe years > .570TS% - 2/17

No.

Years 4% higher than league avg: 0/17

11/12
    13/14.

I'll give him a pass for last year but 11/12 is pretty bad. TONS of years within 1% of league avg. In fact, career avg is only about 1.4% higher than league avg.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/which...ock-1563759412
    Stat-picker LeBron has >>>>>>> everyone else. Only one player within 25% of his FGAs last 3 sec of shot clock. Almost TWICE as many as Kobe in most of the years I can track down the data. Which is kind of jarring considering Kobe shoots SOoooo much more than LeBron

http://www.82games.com/random6.htm

2009/10 Kobe's FMVP season beating Boston's "Big 3". Last of his 5 Championships. TS% - .545
    2009/10 League Avg - .543

Kobe best TS% in a Championship season - .561
    LeBron best TS% in a Championship season - .640

There is a reason Kobe fans talk in platitudes rather than stats. And when they refer to stats they attempt to be incredibly vague and dismissive.
    LMAO every kobe stan just got ethered, no one has a response to this

This is factual proof that kobe should never be considered one of the greatest scorers ever

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJ Mustard
    I just don't understand how there are people who believe Kobe is a better scorer than Lebron when Lebron averages more PPG on higher efficiency for his career. Where is Kobe's argument?
    Have you seen the Eastern Conference powers he has faced compared to Kobe's? Tell me when LeBron had to go through Pippen Blazers, Webbers Kings, and Duncan and Robinson Spurs, just to get to the NBA finals and be able to sweep all of them on 31/7/6/51% FG

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    Have you seen the Eastern Conference powers he has faced compared to Kobe's? Tell me when LeBron had to go through Pippen Blazers, Webbers Kings, and Duncan and Robinson Spurs, just to get to the NBA finals and be able to sweep all of them on 31/7/6/51% FG
    Pippen was old, Kings werent great defensively, and Duncan and Robinson were defending Shaq not Kobe.

Carrying an injured Wade, without Bosh for nearly 2 series to the finals in 2012 is much more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Pippen was old, Kings werent great defensively, and Duncan and Robinson were defending Shaq not Kobe.

Carrying an injured Wade, without Bosh for nearly 2 series to the finals in 2012 is much more impressive
    Ether