Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose Performance Thread

Damn! That was a freaking AWESOME performance last night.

After seeing that I thought of two things...

1.) It's nice to have a real possible STAR player on the team again for the first time since Jordan/Pippen.

2.) Paxson better make as many trades as he can and get him some real help NOW!

[QUOTE=Bulls_Fan20]I was glad to see that he finally started converting on all those drives to the basket. He was missing a lot of close shots in the first few games, but almost all of them fell tonight. I also liked the assortment of scoring plays he had. It wasn't all layups, but it wasn't all jumpers either. He had a good mix, and the defender on him never knew what he was going to do.

I think he is the most powerful dunker on our team after TT. Deng has had some nice ones, but he doesn't throw them down with authority like Rose.[/QUOTE]

There haven't been many Point Guards with the athletic ability that Rose has!

Quote Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
    Damn! That was a freaking AWESOME performance last night.

After seeing that I thought of two things...

1.) It's nice to have a real possible STAR player on the team again for the first time since Jordan/Pippen.

2.) Paxson better make as many trades as he can and get him some real help NOW!

like; trade Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
    like; trade Gordon?
    No way. Gordon has little value with his one year contract to be included in a traded. If any player(s) would be trade, I'd assume the names attached would be Noah, Hughes, and most importantly, Hinrich. Kirk has the most trade value on this team. I hear the Heat are still putting Marion on the block? He'd be a good addition to the Bulls roster. He be able to run with this team, where he's most effective. Also would be a good scoring big man that would be used to playing with a quick passing PG. Marion wants to be a go to guy, he'll have it. The Heat on the other hand could use a pure PG with some experience to get their team contending again, and Hinrich would be an answer to their prayers. If I were Bulls management, I'd at least make a call about Marion.

I actually like that trade, it works out well for both teams

Yeah, Kirk Hinrich + Drew Gooden for Marion... thats not a bad trade at all.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86
    Yeah, Kirk Hinrich + Drew Gooden for Marion... thats not a bad trade at all.

miami should do that, cuz they get a PG and a big man. That's exactly what they need

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Gooden and Hinrich for Marion would be good for both teams.

Rose, Sefolosha, Deng, Marion and Noah wouldn't be that bad of a lineup at all.

Saw a basketball once

I am very excited about Derrick Rose. His quickness is something special. his is the reason why the Bulls picked him over Beasley. Derrick can take over the game.

I know he needs to work on his defense but those drives to the basket were great. Derrick can be a difference maker and few teams have one. If Derrick becomes another Wade we will be very lucky.

I can hardly wait for the start of the season. I know the Bulls have problems but at least we have something to look forward to watching Derrick play.

http://www.bulls-chicago-basketball.com/

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Rose already looks like a superstar! I have been very impressed (and surprised) at how good he is out of the gate... I thought it would take a year or two...

Good college starter

His defense is still in the lost stage, (as is 99% of NBA rookies) but it will get better. He hasn't taken many jumpshots as he's not totally confident in his shot, but it'll improve.

Better than expected. The guy is going to be a monster.

I'm not really surprised, but he's playing really mature in such a short time and his scoring has been impressive, 55 points in three games! I don't think anybody expected that. I guess he decided to try to score more since the team isn't really playing that well offensively. He's been also making good passes, unfortunatley though the team hasn't been able to make a lot of shots which would have gave him the assists. Once the team hopefully gets back to playing some better offense this guy is going to be flirting with a double double every night and who knows maybe a tripple double down the road. He did have 6 rebounds against Memphis. Pure talent!
    Last edited by Crazy Style; 11-02-2008 at 12:57 AM.

Rose is a blast to watch. I remember watching him play for Memphis and thinking how awesome it'd be to have him on the Bulls. Never gave it a shot of chance when I was thinking that back then...sports dream come true.

18 against BOSTON, which is really impressive, Celtics D is ridiculous. 26 this past game...DR.1 has a healthy shot at ROY if he keeps this up.

Ich Liebe die Bulls! CelticForce1349's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Rose is a blast to watch. I remember watching him play for Memphis and thinking how awesome it'd be to have him on the Bulls. Never gave it a shot of chance when I was thinking that back then...sports dream come true.

18 against BOSTON, which is really impressive, Celtics D is ridiculous. 26 this past game...DR.1 has a healthy shot at ROY if he keeps this up.

I didn't see Rose play until the Final Four. I remember that the night Memphis lost I was at the gym running on a treadmill as I watched the game. The commentators were going on and on about how fast, how strong, and just how all-around great he was in that game.

I just remember thinking: "Damn, he does seem pretty good. I wonder what team he will end up playing for? Oh well, the Bulls need a big man and they wont get a good pick anyway."

Lol. It just goes to show that you can never really be sure what will happen in life sometimes. I am just so thrilled this great young kid is a Bull. What a thrill to watch...
    Last edited by CelticForce1349; 11-03-2008 at 02:28 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Rose has looked to score that's for sure. And it's what Chicago needed the most...a scorer. I still think a big man is and was the key to setting this team straight. He still looks like he is playing out of control, or at least on the edge, almost at all times. And his numbers back that statement up, 4.3 assists and 3 turnovers a game. Since Rose has been able to get to the basket and finish, I'd almost like to see them put Hinrich at point, and Rose at the 2. Most of the passes Rose makes are him going to the basket anyways so he'd still be able to do that, but Kirk isn't going to make the mistakes that Rose has been making. But again it is only the first week, give it a month or two and let's see where the team is at.