Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan triple-double

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Might break an all time negative record this season. Im sure per usage he is up there.
    tbh^

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Good game but I don't like how he statpadded for the last board. Took a bit of shine off the trip dub for me.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Meh.. Kobe's 31/12/11 in his 19th season was much much more impressive. All Duncan did was pass more than his norm.. on a team with elite shooters and interior scorers.
    leflop stans mad

Decent college freshman

Duncan's was more impressive. Second oldest triple double in NBA history and he did against an elite defensive team in the Western Conference. Kobe did it against a joke Eastern Conference squad. It's the difference between someone having a good night against a Division III school and a Division I college.

National High School Star

Meh.. Kobe's 31/12/11 in his 19th season was much much more impressive. All Duncan did was pass more than his norm.. on a team with elite shooters and interior scorers.
    Hm I'm not sure. Especially given how much Kobe dominates the ball, and how much Duncan doesn't, his triple double might just be more impressive than someone who monopolizes the ball almost every time down the court.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    All those numbers...and yet he's still a net negative on the court. Damn...
    Kobe with those empty stats. Embarrassing that he's going to win less games with the Lakers this year than Pau did last year. Pau's Laker squad last year had less overall talent too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The big fundamental. Why are people bringing up Kobe...this has NOTHING to do with him...

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor

Good game but I don't like how he statpadded for the last board. Took a bit of shine off the trip dub for me.
    He got his 9th at 4:19 and his 10th at 2:59. The 10th board was an offensive rebound on a missed Manu shot (so CLEARLY not a stat padding move).

Just re-watched 4:19 to 2:59. Duncan didn't have a chance to pad his TRB number. There was one full Memphis possession and Conley (I believe) hit a three.

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor

Are you stupid? He got the triple double getting an offensive board and putback off a Ginobili missed layup with plenty of time still left in the game. What was he supposed to do? Ignore the rebound and let the Grizzlies have it?

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Are you stupid? He got the triple double getting an offensive board and putback off a Ginobili missed layup with plenty of time still left in the game. What was he supposed to do? Ignore the rebound and let the Grizzlies have it?
    Obviously

I too feel the same way.. unfortunately.
    Immortal proving either: 1) he didn't watch the game and is lying or 2) watched the game and is lying.

His agenda is obvious. His wounds are too deep to heal.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    He got his 9th at 4:19 and his 10th at 2:59. The 10th board was an offensive rebound on a missed Manu shot (so CLEARLY not a stat padding move).

Just re-watched 4:19 to 2:59. Duncan didn't have a chance to pad his TRB number. There was one full Memphis possession and Conley (I believe) hit a three.
    Yeah, I didn't see any stapadding either. Parker missed most of the third and all of the 4th with an injury. This prompted a small Memphis run late in the game. Pop didn't want to take a chance on Memphis making a comeback so he kept TD and Manu in to make sure the Spurs had enough playmaking in Parker's absence.

Eh, even when Kobe dominates the ball.. he doesn't pass. Him passing and spoon feeding his scrubish teammates easy buckets is quite a feat in of itself.

Also, if you watched the game you'll notice the blatant statpadding Duncan factor as HomieWeMajor also pointed it out. Kobe thoroughly dominated the boards getting clutch rebounds, he didn't need to resort to that garbage and did it the honorable way. I lost some respect for Duncan after this I must say..
    So, provide an example. I just explained why he wasn't. I'd be interested to see more of your lies.

This guy is so hurt right now. I pity the fool, tbh.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I think the lads knew that Tim was one board away from a trip dub and decided to engineer that last rebound.
    Still a good game from a great player. [COLOR="White"]Calm down m80s I'm only having a bit of fun on a Friday night. I know his triple double was legit.[/COLOR]

Decent playground baller

stat padder.

anyway, it is barely a triple double.