Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: Kobe Bryant "shattered" healing time at 35 yrs old... PED abuse?

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    I highly doubt Kobe will ever dunk on a player ever again. No one has come back from a complete Achilles rupture the same way ever before. and PEDs wont do anything to change that. Theres no medical procedure or magic chemical that can help restore the one elastic band in your lower legs that gives you the most athletic traits.
    Dominique Wilkins.

Tore his achilles at age 32 in the 91-92' season, came back the following year averaging numbers as good or better in 93'.

His 2nd best year in terms of PER was the season he came back from the achilles rupture.

The type of PED's an NBA player would use are not the kind that cause acne. The ignorance around here is astounding.

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Just another corny attempt by Kobe to play hero
    What does this mean exactly?

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Dominique Wilkins.

Tore his achilles at age 32 in the 91-92' season, came back the following year averaging numbers as good or better in 93'.

His 2nd best year in terms of PER was the season he came back from the achilles rupture.
    Dom legitimately came back better too, no stat padding or anything like that. Remember reading somewhere that he was doing full workouts twice a day the entire time, just to come back.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

Wade could chew on steel with that jaw

Serious playground baller Lakers2877's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    The type of PED's an NBA player would use are not the kind that cause acne. The ignorance around here is astounding.
    I'm not saying wade was on roids but this statement is not correct.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Kobe is either using, or he's an alien.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2877
    I'm not saying wade was on roids but this statement is not correct.
    Actually, he IS correct. For instance, something like GH/Somatropin, which many suspect is rampant in the NBA, does NOT cause acne.

And yes, the ignorance on here about this stuff is astounding. It's hilarious watching dudes post who don't have any clue what they're talking about.
    Last edited by PJR; 08-05-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Durant needs steroids. He's skinny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

7-time NBA All-Star

Yeah, Wade looks suspect. No proof obviously, but I remember speculation when he came back for the '08 Olympics and '08-'09 season.

As for Kobe, wouldn't surprise me. I'd wait to see how well he actually recovers though before taking his word on how his recovery is going because we all know how much confidence has. Even so, I won't assume his recovery is unnatural. But that experimental knee treatment in Germany raised a few eyebrows.

However, the most suspicious I ever was of Kobe and PEDs was that 15 pound weight gain in the offseason prior to '02-'03, and a lot of that gain was clearly muscle.

2002 Finals

2003 Season

Pretty noticeable gain in his arms and shoulders for such a short time period. It's probably no coincidence that Kobe had his first knee surgery after this season. Had a similar gain prior to the '04-'05 season as well to get up to 230.

I've always been very suspicious of Karl Malone as well. His longevity and durability were pretty much an anomaly in the sport, and pretty much nobody had a physique like him in the NBA. Dwight Howard's weight gain also made me wonder, though it's a bit different considering he was just 18 when he entered the league.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Next up from Wade Stans

"All natural, no proof."
    Sosa always had the best quotes when asked about his weight gain. I remember him saying "I take my Flintstones vitamins" which is the type of deflecting joke right out of Rocky 4. Or his serious response "I eat well and work out since I'm not in the Dominican Republic" which of course makes everyone gain 70 pounds in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
    Dom legitimately came back better too, no stat padding or anything like that. Remember reading somewhere that he was doing full workouts twice a day the entire time, just to come back.
    Yeah, probably Nique's best season, and just having your best season at 33 alone is very unusual, much less after the injury.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

Them jaws gotta be photomanipped. Shit can't be real.

I am your soldier!

Of course he's using something.

He already used fishy procedures on his knee.

Wade's jaw has always been like that. I remember somebody posting pics of him as a kid and he had the same jaw.

High School Starter mentallooser's Avatar

I don't doubt it. I don't doubt any top athletes in any sport use steroids. Gotten over it.