Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Chris Paul: The most overrated player

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think you will be surprised how good he will be after he gets out of New Orleans and gets on a quality team.
    actually if anything being on a great team will expose him.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

get him to orlando or new york and see how overrated he is...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    get him to orlando or new york and see how overrated he is...
    there's only one ball to go around in NYC. he'll do better in Orlando but he's ball dominant.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by brisbaneman
    there's only one ball to go around in NYC. he'll do better in Orlando but he's ball dominant.
    What is wrong with being ball-dominant? He is a PG, go ahead and name me a PG who isn't ball-dominant.

Local High School Star SunsCaptain's Avatar

Pick n roll with Amare is golden and can outlet to Carmelo.

Seems like a fine fit.

He would rack up the assists and hit the shots he needs to hit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Inception28
    What is wrong with being ball-dominant? He is a PG, go ahead and name me a PG who isn't ball-dominant.
    jason kidd, steve nash...I understand your point, but he is particularly dominant, a PG version of lebron--basically every play is him running off 20 high screens and dribbling for 20 seconds...so yeah he's going to rack up huge stats but it isn't conducive to winning basketball. and he's a liability on defense. thats why i'd personally rather have deron williams or rajon rondo.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Pick n roll with Amare is golden and can outlet to Carmelo.

Seems like a fine fit.

He would rack up the assists and hit the shots he needs to hit.
    that will literally be the worst defensive team ever.

chris paul, carmelo anthony, and amare--holy shit. the 2 guard and center on that team would need to be defensive gods.

Decent playground baller

jason kidd, steve nash...I understand your point, but he is particularly dominant, a PG version of lebron--basically every play is him running off 20 high screens and dribbling for 20 seconds...so yeah he's going to rack up huge stats but it isn't conducive to winning basketball. and he's a liability on defense. thats why i'd personally rather have deron williams or rajon rondo.
    They do that a lot because Chris Paul is the only player that knows how to generate points for their team. That being said the Hornets occasionally run plays and sets for their shooters and feed it to David West in the high or low post.

Liability on defense? Tell me how many defensive liabilities have made the all-defensive team in the past.

Banned

They do that a lot because Chris Paul is the only player that knows how to generate points for their team. That being said the Hornets occasionally run plays and sets for their shooters and feed it to David West in the high or low post.

Liability on defense? Tell me how many defensive liabilities have made the all-defensive team in the past.
    He's a liability in the typical way--gambles on defense, can't stay in front of his man, etc very similar to iverson during his heyday---everyone knows the defense team voting is a joke. he's simply not a good defender and it's not like he's russell westbrook type who is a lock down defender but now has to focus on offense--he's just never been a good defender.

He hated CP3 because Paul torched the Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He hated CP3 because Paul torched the Dallas Mavericks in the playoffs.
    Nah not really because dirk killed new orleans more than he hurt dallas.

i'm just constantly amazed at how overrated a guy who has one playoffs series win under his belt can be despite being in the league 6 years.

Decent playground baller

He's a liability in the typical way--gambles on defense, can't stay in front of his man, etc very similar to iverson during his heyday---everyone knows the defense team voting is a joke. he's simply not a good defender and it's not like he's russell westbrook type who is a lock down defender but now has to focus on offense--he's just never been a good defender.
    I have a very tough time believing that a player that has led the league in spg for 3 seasons, made 3 all-defensive team in his career and was voted 6th, 7th, and 12th for DPOY is considered a liability or not a very good defender.

Banned

I have a very tough time believing that a player that has led the league in spg for 3 seasons, made 3 all-defensive team in his career and was voted 6th, 7th, and 12th for DPOY is considered a liability or not a very good defender.
    Well the only way to convince you is to get you to study him when he plays again if the season ever commences. He's not a good defender. I've followed him for a while. I can name several players at his position who are clearly better man defenders.

Banned

he does EVERYTHING for noh. he is amazing, hope he gets on a good team he'll easily be in running for t3 and win mvp(s).

think about what he does for that team.. every time someone scores its pretty much created by him

Decent playground baller

Well the only way to convince you is to get you to study him when he plays again if the season ever commences. He's not a good defender. I've followed him for a while. I can name several players at his position who are clearly better man defenders.
    You don't have to be a great man defender to be a great defender. Kevin Garnett was never a good man defender, yet he is one of the greatest defensive players to ever play the game. Chris Paul's great defense like KG comes from his help defense. I've watched Chris Paul a lot in his career, so I know I am right here and you are wrong. I remember the same arguments people use to use that you are currently using about Chris Paul. And guess what? They were all Jazz fans trying to dismiss Chris Paul so they could prop up Deron Williams.