Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: How is Paul Pierce such a good player???

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk
    Playing in the wheelchair league really upped his play. The famous touted coach, Stephen Hawking using his "melting" method to teach Pierce the moves he knows now has really appeared in his play lately and its just amazing how his game has just been altered. The way Pierce yells when he is driving towards the rim is customary of the "melting" method, therefore it allows Pierce to go to the free throw line or get the ball to magicaly go through the goal.

May all props go to Stephen Hawking for teaching Paul Pierce how to play the game of basketball.
    Someone's mad that paul pierce shits on the knicks. I would've loved to see your reaction to reggie
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 03-21-2011 at 10:59 PM.

College superstar

He always sounds like he smokes 5 packs a day too.

Quote Originally Posted by JGXEN

Banned

It's called skill. Even in his younger days when he had the athleticism he never really relied on it like a lot of other guys today. He knows the game and plays with a guy in Rondo that knows when and where to get him the ball. He's just a beast

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    He always sounds like he smokes 5 packs a day too.

this

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Someone's mad that paul pierce shits on the knicks. I would've loved to see your reactin to reggie
    Everybody shits on the knicks. Especially in this era of basketball. PP, MJ, Kobe, Lebron etc. This is nothing new. The knicks haven't won a title since Phil Jackson played for them.

Not being from the 80s I wondered similar things about Bird, so I studied his game on yoytube and I understood.

Polished mid-range game, pull-up J, step-back J, off-screens. 3 point shooter. Good finisher. He's just an incredibly skilled basketball player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Not being from the 80s I wondered similar things about Bird, so I studied his game on yoytube and I understood.
    The Legend will be proud

good footwork, great shooter and great fundamentals plus he is THE TRUTH

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Its because he is very fundmentally sound. Think of him almost as the Tim Duncan of wing players. Whereas his peers likr Carter, T-Mac, Iverson relied more on athleticism (Not to say thats all their games were based around) Pierce always seemed to a little more by the book and fundamental i.e. jumpshot, moving off screens, footwork, post moves.

NBA lottery pick

Cause he's the TRUTH.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    honestly he might be the least athletic staring sf in the league and his handles are that exceptional for a sf either, yet hes able to penetrate at almost an elite level. He has no elevation on his release and is one of the slower releases in the league yet he is still able to knock j's on everyone. Whats his secret? Is there something that im missing that seperates him from the other sf in the league? I would say hes the 4th best sf in the league at the moment behind lebron, durant and melo
    Ask kobe and the lakers, they can tell you something about that!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    honestly he might be the least athletic staring sf in the league and his handles are that exceptional for a sf either, yet hes able to penetrate at almost an elite level. He has no elevation on his release and is one of the slower releases in the league yet he is still able to knock j's on everyone. Whats his secret? Is there something that im missing that seperates him from the other sf in the league? I would say hes the 4th best sf in the league at the moment behind lebron, durant and melo

His footwork, his body size helps, and he has long arms to go with a good shooting stroke, a good handle and toughness as well as not being scared of any other players.. That is why he ***** slaps kobe one day and then does it to lebron the next...

He also knows how to keep his opponent off balance.. Mj was the master of getting space but Pierce is very good at it as well... They used to call that CRAFTY... He is crafty is pretty muCH THE ANSWEr..