Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Realtalk. NOT TROLLING. Ever wondered why Kobe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    He either is lying or is the most physically sensitive basketball player in NBA history... ? All he did was slide down on his bum when the wrist injury happened, just like he has 1000000000000000000000000 times in his life.... the wrist/arm didnt look like having any weird position upon landing...

I am leaning towards the LIE.......... even if its not a lie, he sure loves to sugarcoat it!!
    For example........... next time you watch Kobe play notice what i am going to say is gona happen, unless you have already seen what im going to say....

Alright... lets say Kobe hits a jumpshot, and1 or some type of clutch shot (example, game against Bulls)... after each such basket Kobe will grab his wrist and grimmace... to remind you: "Aaaaaaaaaaaand i did it with a injury remember!"............ he never does this when he misses or loses a game or something non impressive like that....... because that would be obvious and stupid....... and he doesnt have to, because he has already sugarcoated it the way i mentioned previously.... now you can use that as an excuse if you are a Kobe fan or the Media...............

its not only the wrist... he did this with his fingers previously and so on....... always the same thing.... please think about this next time you watch Kobe, its kindof hilarious...

You can be a DOUCHEBAG..... but that doesnt mean you are not smart.......
    b4 i go night night I gotta say this. It is SOOOOOOOOO ANNOYING to see him grimace and do that stuff. But I want to ask you one question.

Is there anywhere on the court during a game that Kobe can be in pain without the camera catching it? It feels like the other side of what you're saying is you expect him to not be allowed to massage his thumb or hold his finger or anything. Which is just weird. If he really is in pain, theres no reason he shouldnt be able to show it and theres nothing wrong WITH showing it if he really is hurting. If hes lying, i just dont get why. His legacy is cemented as a warrior. whats he gonna do, drop 5 ranks on the all time list because he missed a week? holding his thumb after missing a gw will never make that gw go in and that win to occur, so i dont know why anyone would do it.

He's nowhere near as bad as Oden. Stop playing up these "injuries" and get on the court you asshole.

Local High School Star

Pretty much excuses for his shot jacking.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

every player has this stuff to an extent. kobe just happens to be one of the toughest players and actually plays through it all. he also happens to be one of the most high profile players as well so everything about him gets a ton of pub.

not sure why people get on Kobe about it. yea, by not talking about it he actually...is drawing more attention to it, but so what. he's absolutely one of the toughest players of all time in my opinion.

and a lot of stars always have nagging injuries. wade does. dirk does all the time. dirk's ankles are always an issue. dirk just played through it year after year. people talk about it all the time in dallas on the radio and stuff. its just not on sportscenter because dirk isn't the star that kobe is.

do people actually think kobe makes this shit up? LOL...the only thing that is annoying is when his fans use it as an excuse and pretend like every other player isn't battling some type of nagging injury as well. but that has nothing to do with kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Kobe doesn't pull Lebron's on the court and act like he has an injury when no one ever saw it occur[like with his elbow]. When he gets hurt, it's ALWAYS seen on TV. Everyone saw him land awkwardly in the first clips game using his wrist to break his fall. Everyone saw him twist his ankle last year to the point where he had to limp off and leave the game. Everyone saw his fingers all bent up two years ago. Everyone knows he's had two knee surgeries in the last two years. These things all actually happened. The funny thing is Kobe will be the last person to tell you about any of this.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

fyi, players who play the way he does tend to get injuries (above the rim, blah blah blah), esp later in their careers.

He's in LA, there's going to be a story on him no matter what. I wouldn't be surprised if one reporter is drafting a report about the composition of his daily stool.

Its a huge media conspiracy obviously...

Just like his all defensive team awards and his 5 rings...

It never actually happened... you live in the matrix

I wonder the same thing about guys like Oden and Bynum. I think they get injured for the publicity

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I actually agree with both sides.

Kobe does get hurt legitimately.
    The media does pay close attention to his injuries probably mores than others.
    Cameras just happen to catch him more than other players.

But...

He does seem to play up to his injuries far more than others.
    Other players play hurt all the time, he isn't the only one like the media and his fans make it out to be.

And I know I will get shit for this, but I wouldn't be surprised if he exaggerated or lied when he's feeling ill.

Some of his actions are clearly ploys to prop himself up, exaggerated gestures and antics to appear tougher. Don't' believe me or have a short term memory? does anybody remember the obvious workout after the Heat loss? how he's usually just sick for big match ups? Hell.. even Phil and some of his teammates have questioned how sick he was in the past.

So while I don't think he's faking his current injury, he does play it up to make himself appear tougher.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    He either is lying or is the most physically sensitive basketball player in NBA history... ? All he did was slide down on his bum when the wrist injury happened, just like he has 1000000000000000000000000 times in his life.... the wrist/arm didnt look like having any weird position upon landing...

I am leaning towards the LIE.......... even if its not a lie, he sure loves to sugarcoat it!!
    For example........... next time you watch Kobe play notice what i am going to say is gona happen, unless you have already seen what im going to say....

Alright... lets say Kobe hits a jumpshot, and1 or some type of clutch shot (example, game against Bulls)... after each such basket Kobe will grab his wrist and grimmace... to remind you: "Aaaaaaaaaaaand i did it with a injury remember!"............ he never does this when he misses or loses a game or something non impressive like that....... because that would be obvious and stupid....... and he doesnt have to, because he has already sugarcoated it the way i mentioned previously.... now you can use that as an excuse if you are a Kobe fan or the Media...............

its not only the wrist... he did this with his fingers previously and so on....... always the same thing.... please think about this next time you watch Kobe, its kindof hilarious...

You can be a DOUCHEBAG..... but that doesnt mean you are not smart.......
    What the **** are you talking about? When he hit that shot he got knocked down and landed on the injured wrist.

Yeah, you're ****ing retarded.

Good High School Starter

The injury is real, but the extent to which it limits him is a bunch of BS. I love how Kobe starts rubbing his wrist during timeouts and whatnot because he knows cameras on him, then the announcers make a comment about the wrist injury and discuss how it's limiting him or how much of a warrior he is to be out there.

Lots of wear and tear.

And Kobe doesn't make a big deal of it at all. It's the media

Wait a second, are you saying he didn't injure his wrist? EVEN THOUGH everyone watching the game saw him land on it, there are youtube videos up on it, his wrist was swollen, your saying he DIDNT actually injure it? Who are you honestly trying to fool, us or yourself? Its not like your arguing a travel or something, no your arguing an injury Whats next, arguing that he isnt really getting a divorce, its just for people to feel bad for him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwLbxGf1HiM

Look at how high he is in the air when falling, and you can HEAR him slam onto the floor...yet he didn't actually get injured, they are just doing this to make Kobe look tough!!