Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Wade feels he has been underappreciated throughout his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    He got swept by the Bulls the following year. That's acceptable if we are talking about the Derrick Rose Bulls, but we're not. This was the Ben Gordon Bulls.
    Wade was injured he wasn't even supposed to come back for that playoffs

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

Default Re: Wade feels he has been underappreciated throughout his whole career.

Maybe if Wade stopped using HGH...

Wades too good to not get an MVP so he will get one somehow

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    Gotta agree.....Mark jackson said it best.....wade is already the 3rd greatest SG of all timebehind bryant and Jordan with atleast 5 more years left to add to his legacy.

Wade was most definately robbed in 09....
    This guy still has a case for 3rd best SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    2005-2006 he should of won MVP. IMO.
    He wasn't even a top candidate that year, and had the runner up to MVP from the previous year on his team. It made no sense for him to win it that year. It's not like the voters watch the playoffs before voting...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by fos
    I don't really care that he's 6'4" because the guy has like over a 7' wingspan. People downplay how important wingspan is. Give me a 7' wingspan and I'd be dunking on everyone, too.

He is an awesome player though.
    So what jordan had hands the size of the grand canyon...should we dismiss any togh shot he made because of this?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    He wasn't even a top candidate that year, and had the runner up to MVP from the previous year on his team. It made no sense for him to win it that year. It's not like the voters watch the playoffs before voting...
    But yet we have people on here crying for james to be MVP

The Holy Trinity

That's why he (Shaq) was second in MVP the year before. Obviously they moved the offense more towards Wade the championship year, but having Shaq occupy so much space down low completely freed up Wade to move so effectively and get a bajillion calls from the refs.

Either Lebron or Melo could have won a title with Shaq at that time.
    Not a chance in hell. Except for one season, Melo is anti-clutch in the playoffs. And LeBron had no jumpshot in 06, which if you watch the games was how Wade really won that title.

And Shaq was MVP runner-up because the voters didn't recognize that Wade was a 50-50 partner in 04-05. Well, he was until Shaq hurt himself in March; then Wade took over the team and carried them to Game 7 of the ECFs and would have taken them to the Finals and possibly collected his first FMVP a year earlier had he not been injured himself in Game 5.

You sound so ignorant when you call him overrated because you obviously don't know much about Wade's history and career. His first three years in the league, he got off to a legendary start. As great as he is, it's almost scary to think what might have been had he not gotten hurt in the 05 ECFs or the 07 regular season...

Local High School Star

This guy still has a case for 3rd best SG.

Okay if you say so

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    But yet we have people on here crying for james to be MVP
    And those people are wrong lol...

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleChuck
    Robbed in 06, 07, 08 and 09 of the MVP. Past 5 years in fact.
    Pretty sure he deserves it in 03, 04 and 05 too. Arguably 02 too.

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Not a chance in hell. Except for one season, Melo is anti-clutch in the playoffs. And LeBron had no jumpshot in 06, which if you watch the games was how Wade really won that title.

And Shaq was MVP runner-up because the voters didn't recognize that Wade was a 50-50 partner in 04-05. Well, he was until Shaq hurt himself in March; then Wade took over the team and carried them to Game 7 of the ECFs and would have taken them to the Finals and possibly collected his first FMVP a year earlier had he not been injured himself in Game 5.

You sound so ignorant when you call him overrated because you obviously don't know much about Wade's history and career. His first three years in the league, he got off to a legendary start. As great as he is, it's almost scary to think what might have been had he not gotten hurt in the 05 ECFs or the 07 regular season...
    3 tittles and MVP by now and 3 straight 30 point season from 06-08

im a superhero

one thing that has always bugged me was wade not winning mvp in 05-06. sure there was nash, but he really didn't deserve back to back mvps especiall with wade averaging 27/5/7 on 50% shooting on a 52 win team.
    considering they gave it to nash on a 54 win team, was it really justified when wade was putting up better stats, was in fact a better player and his team had only won two less games?

i think nash did deserve the mvp, though wade deserved it too. and the sad thing is, i dont think the voters would have changed it either even if say they did win 59 games like the season before.

its quite an odd feeling knowing a player as great as he is will never most likely have an mvp... its not even like ewing for example, because wade is a caliber above. he will most likely go down as the greatest player to have never won an mvp, and whats even weirder is he could be in the top 15 players of all time once he retires and he'll be the only one without one.
    Last edited by donald_trump; 03-31-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Awww, poor Wade....

I feel underappreciated at my Job too.

Who cares.

He should feel bad he gave the mother of his children a sexually transmitted disease.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    Pretty sure he deserves it in 03, 04 and 05 too. Arguably 02 too.
    He should have gotten it for taking Marquette to the Final Four.