Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Skip Bayless just said Melo>LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by ginobli2311
    bosh? putting up 18 points on 50% shooting as a third option. bosh is being hated on for his defense and rebounding. i'm assuming you aren't trying to blame lebron for either of those....if you are. you need help.

bibby? he's played 3 games. come on.

miller? he's coming off a broken thumb on his shooting hand and has joined a team mid season. i hardly think its fair to draw conclusions in this limited number of games combined with his injury....again...a serious injury on his shooting hand.

house? he's played well when he's been on the floor actually.
    Is this why they haven't lost 5 straight games? because he made his teammates better...
    Last edited by Hulk Hogan; 03-10-2011 at 12:55 AM.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    Clutch shots lose a bit of their luster when the game is tied. If you miss the shot so what? You still have another chance to make it up in OT. When you're a point down and absolutely have to hit the shot then that's a REAL clutch shot to me. Carmelo wasn't anything special down the stretch of this game until he hit that shot. I'm not sure why people are going so crazy over it.
    cuz they can use that shot to push their anti lebron agenda.

I usually hit open layups stickfigure87's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    So now a player such as Melo who has been out of the 1st round only once in his 7 year career and obviously has little to no defining playoff moments is being praised as somebody with "killer instinct" as well as being uber clutch at the expense of Lebron? Okaaaay? What good does it do to be "clutch" when frankly you've shown a limited ability to even lead your team to any significant moments where your "clutch" ability is actually meaningful?

I thought that it was bad when people were insisting on Wade being some mythical playoff and clutch performer based upon something he did half a decade ago in 2006 despite the fact that he hasn't been out of the 1st round since then. Now invoking Melo in the comparison has shown that the hatred against Lebron has really reached blatantly absurd proportions.
    To be fair, Melo's been playing in the Western Conference his whole career, where 1-8 was better than anything in the East past 3. So not being able to lead his team past the likes of the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, and Suns is not a terrible knock. Only series that was was last season against the injured Jazz squad.

With that said, if I had to take one, I'd take Bron (even though I'm a big Melo fan), unless, I was building a Justice League team, then Melo may be a better option since he can play as part of something bigger than just dribbling it up top for 20 seconds a play.

Skip Bayless is a complete disgrace to professional and collegiate sports. If I were to see him on the street I would honestly knock his lights out and just take whatever legal consequences come to me just for the personal satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    So I'm dumb because I value actually contributing to playoff success over hitting a few game winners in the regular season. Suuurrre...
    This whole thread is about the clutchness of 'Melo in the last minute.

And you come in here and start talking about LeBron this, LeBron that, he's lead his team here, and there, when he's only gotten to the NBA Finals once and got swept! What good is all this crap about 'Melo going out first round of the playoffs when looking back, history won't care about this 1st round playoff shit but they will care about the rings. Look at the competition 'Melo faces out west, and look at the competition LeBron faces out East. 'Melo has really only failed once in his career when he was expected. But this shit still doesn't matter because currently neither player has a ring.

LeBron is having the better team now, yet many people think the Knicks could beat the Heat in the first round!

What happens then, if 'Melo's team beats LeBron's team in the 1st round, will you say oh LeBron's failed, got out in the first round, obviously he must be less worthy than 'Melo cause 'Melo went all the way to the 2nd round, even though he still didn't win a ring.

You can't judge two players by saying, oh, my guy went to the 2nd round, while yours went to the first, mines better. That's the dumbest argument I've heard in my life.

You also act as if 'Melo hasn't made a game winner in the playoffs. I'm sorry but yes your post was dumb. Value playoff success? What success is that, getting swept in the finals, ECF, 2nd round, hell 'Melo's never missed the playoffs so I guess he's got more playoff success??

Neither of these two has had playoff success until one wins a ring. Done.

Saw a basketball once

Everyone knows Skip is a hater, he will never give LBJ credit for anything. No way I'd take Melo over LBJ. LeBron plays better defense and is a much better passer and does make his teammates better. I have to at some of you guys denying that. Jesus, just watch the games and you'll see how many open shots teammates have got because of LeBron's great passing. He is miles ahead of 'Melo in terms of facilitating. Only thing LBJ hasn't been able to do is hit buzzer beaters. Carmello looks like he is trying harder in New York, but he never did a damn thing in the playoffs with Denver. Doesn't play hard defense and gets lazy and stuff like that is contagious when it's coming from a leader.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Is this they have't lost 5 straight games? because he made his teammates better...
    lebron isn't gonna teach bosh defense. Lebron isn't gonna teach chalmers defense. U know why? cuz u can't teach effort. how many open shots does lebron create in one game? next game u watch just count how many open shots he makes for his teammates and also count how many of those wide open shots are bricked.

Quote Originally Posted by Premeditated
    I've never heard anyone say that. Quit trying to push your gay nickname for people. lol @ you having an excuse why posting your "joke".

anyways, if it was the 4th quarter, I guess I'll take Melo. But Bron is the better player.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22skip+brainless%22

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Hogan
    Is this they have't lost 5 straight games? because he made his teammates better...
    well. i don't think it really has anything to do with that.

i think a big reason they are in this slump is because lebron has been awful late in close games. not sure how that really has anything to do with his teammates.

you people act like they have a good bench. they don't. there is a reason why spo often gives house DNP's and can't figure out what to do at center.

they don't have depth. i don't blame wade or lebron for this....they get these guys good looks all the time...including bosh.

and are we going to ignore what lebron did throughout his career up to this point? yea, he really made mo/andy/parker/west/z/pavlovic so much worse. what a detriment he was to their careers.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    lebron isn't gonna teach bosh defense. Lebron isn't gonna teach chalmers defense. U know why? cuz u can't teach effort. how many open shots does lebron create in one game? next game u watch just count how many open shots he makes for his teammates and also count how many of those wide open shots are bricked.

This is what I'm saying. LeBron gets his guys more open looks than just about anyone in the league. Chalmers and Miller just stand around the arc like statues and wait for LeBron to get them a wide open look and they just haven't been hitting many of them down.

By the way, does anyone else think Chalmers is terrible??

College star

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    This whole thread is about the clutchness of 'Melo in the last minute.

And you come in here and start talking about LeBron this, LeBron that, he's lead his team here, and there, when he's only gotten to the NBA Finals once and got swept! What good is all this crap about 'Melo going out first round of the playoffs when looking back, history won't care about this 1st round playoff shit but they will care about the rings. Look at the competition 'Melo faces out west, and look at the competition LeBron faces out East. 'Melo has really only failed once in his career when he was expected. But this shit still doesn't matter because currently neither player has a ring.

LeBron is having the better team now, yet many people think the Knicks could beat the Heat in the first round!

What happens then, if 'Melo's team beats LeBron's team in the 1st round, will you say oh LeBron's failed, got out in the first round, obviously he must be less worthy than 'Melo cause 'Melo went all the way to the 2nd round, even though he still didn't win a ring.

You can't judge two players by saying, oh, my guy went to the 2nd round, while yours went to the first, mines better. That's the dumbest argument I've heard in my life.

You also act as if 'Melo hasn't made a game winner in the playoffs. I'm sorry but yes your post was dumb. Value playoff success? What success is that, getting swept in the finals, ECF, 2nd round, hell 'Melo's never missed the playoffs so I guess he's got more playoff success??

Neither of these two has had playoff success until one wins a ring. Done.
    okay how about regular season success then? 2x MVP shot 50% last season and is shooting 50% again this season. 2 60 win season. what has melo done.

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    okay how about regular season success then? 2x MVP shot 50% last season and is shooting 50% again this season. 2 60 win season. what has melo done.
    Dude no ****ing success matters unless it leads to a ring. Oscar Robertson had the best regular season success of any player in the history of the league, he averaged a triple double for gods sake. Is he the greatest of all time? NO!

YOU MAD?

NBA rookie of the year ginobli2311's Avatar

i don't really understand how a so-called professional on ESPN can have this much hate towards teams and players and openly be hoping for failure.

he openly said he hoped arron rodgers failed in the superbowl and no matter what Lebron does....he'll always find a way to discount it.

there is a difference between offering an opinion and what Skip Bayless does....I honestly didn't realize people paid attention to this guy. ESPN loses more cred as a legit journalistic enterprise more and more each day.

I guess Skip appeals to the morons on here and SportsNation...whatever the hell that means.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

Is someone really trying to use Skip ****ing Bayless as some sort of authority on something?

P.S. F Lebron