Thread: LA Power moves

Very good NBA starter

Default LA Power moves

While I've enjoyed the NBA playoffs this season, I've noticed little moves being made that put AD potentially in LA.

LA next coach potentially could be Monty Williams
    David Griffin is the VP of basketball operations for the Pelicans.

interesting...

Default Re: LA Power moves

What makes you think the Pelicans are going to trade with the Lakers after the fiasco that happened in February? You really think David Griffin would piss off upper management by making a BS trade with LA?

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

My money's on Davis taking the supermax if it is offered.

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    While I've enjoyed the NBA playoffs this season, I've noticed little moves being made that put AD potentially in LA.

LA next coach potentially could be Monty Williams
    David Griffin is the VP of basketball operations for the Pelicans.

interesting...
    AD will be an MVP

big dick moves

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    What makes you think the Pelicans are going to trade with the Lakers after the fiasco that happened in February? You really think David Griffin would piss off upper management by making a BS trade with LA?

I think, David Griffin is going to trade him this offseason and while Boston has pieces, I do believe the connection with Rich Paul and Lebron James can sway that.

Pelinka is a known dick behind the scenes but I think most people would say Rich Paul is going to talk to Griffin a lot different than Demps.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Griffin's job is to make the Pelicans a good team. Rob Pelinka's job is to make ther Lakers a good team. If LA trades for AD Pelinka did good job but we may not be saying the same of Griffin. He worked for James in Cleveland not NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Griffin's job is to make the Pelicans a good team. Rob Pelinka's job is to make ther Lakers a good team. If LA trades for AD Pelinka did good job but we may not be saying the same of Griffin. He worked for James in Cleveland not NO.
    It depends on what NO gets in return. At the end, any deal for Davis is a good one if he's leaving no matter what, unless they take on players with horrible contracts.

Yes, Griffin worked in Cleveland while James was there, that doesn't mean he would just sabotage the franchise he's currently working for to appease a player that played on the same team years ago, he benefits nothing from doing that if trading Davis to L.A isn't the best move for his franchise.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    It depends on what NO gets in return. At the end, any deal for Davis is a good one if he's leaving no matter what, unless they take on players with horrible contracts.
    He has a responsibility to get the best package, not just any package. If he gets is the Kings' pick, Memphis pick Terry Rozier and Semi Ojele that's going to get him laughed at and fired.

Yes, Griffin worked in Cleveland while James was there, that doesn't mean he would just sabotage the franchise he's currently working for to appease a player that played on the same team years ago, he benefits nothing from doing that if trading Davis to L.A isn't the best move for his franchise.
    This is one of the points I was making.