Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Report: Elton Brand called Ben Simmons a uncoachable regular season player

The degree to which Brown lost the locker room was amplified on March 25 when Ben Simmons sat out a 21-point loss to the Orlando Magic due to a “stomach virus.”

In actuality, a source close to the team told the Daily News, Simmons had spent the previous night partying in Orlando. The “stomach virus” was a fallacy, although that is nothing new for the Sixers organization. They used to do the same thing when Allen Iverson was partying and gambling his nights away in Atlantic City and showing up for practice hung over. Larry Brown was the mastermind of those cover-ups, although the stories eventually came out.

A source who spoke to the Daily News on condition of anonymity said general manager Elton Brand made it known to ownership sometime before the trade deadline that the organization needed to consider trading Simmons because the youngster was simply not coachable, and was a regular-season player annually exposed in the playoffs.

Ever wonder why Simmons is such a poor free throw shooter? It is because he does not bend his knees. Countless coaches have tried to tell Simmons that bending his knees would solve his problems, but he refuses to listen.
    https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...j2y-story.html

Yikes.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Report: Elton Brand called Ben Simmons a uncoachable regular season player

I feel like "Annually" isnt the word for a player who at the time had played one playoffs. We wont know what he does yearly till like....2024. Hes one of those guys you cant call. Dont know what youre gonna get till tipoff. Might do nothing....might beast in a blowout win. Both just happened. Neither is surprising.

Default Re: Report: Elton Brand called Ben Simmons a uncoachable regular season player

Busto Simmonso

Am I doing it right?

KBlaze brought up a good point, I'll interject since I really don't care about Ben Simmons one way or the other.

How many rings would he need to win for you to "stop" thinking he sucks? Or will he always "suck" in your eyes? Because I know you think "ZOMG He wont even win one ring!"

So would 1 be enough?

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I feel like "Annually" isnt the word for a player who at the time had played one playoffs. We wont know what he does yearly till like....2024. Hes one of those guys you cant call. Dont know what youre gonna get till tipoff. Might do nothing....might beast in a blowout win. Both just happened. Neither is surprising.
    Character is destiny. You can easily project how a player will turn out based on his core traits and characteristics

Simmons is not a winner. I mean he might win a chip if the situation aligns perfectly, but he's not a winner.
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 04-17-2019 at 07:46 PM.

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

And in response:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...s-show-passion

When Simmons ended his media session, he jokingly referred to the Daily News story again by announcing that he was indeed partying in Orlando and joining him out on the town were Brown and assistant coach Monty Williams.

My least liked player in the league. Can't stand this kid. Will always cheer against whatever team he is on.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I remeber T Mac getting all bent out of shape after meeting Simmons. He said he was a total piece of shit. He is talented but has holes in his game and doesn

NBA rookie of the year

I won't hate on Simmons because he gets enough hate from racist, xenophobes.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

He spent all summer with a Kardashian girl and didn't improve his shot an iota.

It's so pathetic that a man in his place would allow that family to destroy his career.

Very good NBA starter

Some posters got criticized when they compared mindset and skill ability to a young Lamar odom.

Ben's more athletic but he has a similar temperament.

That's still a very good NBA player but definitely has focus issues. It showed at LSU. Dont care how bad your college team is...when a star player mails it in college..it doesnt bode well for the pros.

That said he still on a rookie deal and hes exceeded that deal with his production. I'd say brand is probably going to evaluate him until hes up for a max deal.

Simmons for Collison, Bogdanovich, and Thaddeus Young?

Simmons for Lowry and Siakam?

Simmons for Dame?
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 04-18-2019 at 04:14 AM.

Very good NBA starter

Kardashians destroy every baller they come into contact with and yet these dumbasses flock to them like moth to a flame.

[QUOTE=warriorfan]I remeber T Mac getting all bent out of shape after meeting Simmons. He said he was a total piece of shit. He is talented but has holes in his game and doesn

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    link?
    Pre-draft, Simmons met TMac and Vince, and I think Bill Russell was there too, and TMac said he was very disrespectful and arrogant and didn't care to listen to the advice they were giving him. You can google it if you need proof.

Very good NBA starter

I'll cut him some slack cause he came to Luka's defense when the biased media was doing their Tray as ROY campaign.