Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Would the Warriors be any worse with Prime Nash instead of Curry?

Nash was a defense wrecker, with as much offensive impact as I've seen on anyone. The same goes for Curry, in different ways. Whether they would be any worse, yes, since current Warriors are built more for Curry. The same goes if Curry went to court with Raja Bell, Marion, James Jones, Kurt Thomas.

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    In what planet would Nash adjust?
    I'm not going to quote a long ass message but I said "if" he adjusted, I don't know if Nash would adjust to playing more off ball. I'm sure he could but that's not the same as whether he would or not

Btw the rule changes in the mid 2000s really helped quick point guards, Nash being the poster boy. AI went from averaging 27 ppg on low 48 TS% to averaging 31 ppg on 53 TS% and 33 ppg on 54 TS% the following season while also being almost 31 by then, and that guy relied a ton on athleticism which is one reason why he fell off after his peak 01 season; it affected all perimeter players but it especially affected small, quick guards. Curry and today's point guards should be thankful they play in this era because they would not be as effective in an earlier era. Not to mention the smaller lineups being utilized today, more 3s which means more spacing, faster pace which means an even bigger disregard for playing defense.

You're telling me with a straight face that Nash could not average 25+ ppg on 60+ TS% in today's NBA? Dude averaged 27 ppg on 61.3 TS% in the last 2 rounds of the 2005 playoffs vs the Mavs (top 10 defense) and Spurs (arguably best defense). That's basically what Nash would average in today's NBA

Obviously Curry is "greater" than Nash and Nash was too bad on defense for me to truly entertain who was actually better, but offensively it's very close.

And I'm far from a Nash fan, as far as I'm concerned he deserves 0 MVPs whereas Curry deserved both of his

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    Fake news, you were lied to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydOUbQqYb30

Great video debunking hand checking, physical era, and other bullshit people like you tend to spew
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nBRV0TKsxo

Nice try

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

as a nash fan, i think Curry's style is more suited for GSW than Nash - cos of ball movement without the reliance on ONE playmaker

Nash would excel in the current Houston team

The ISH'ers Champion!

I would take Nash to win a ring over Curry anyday.

His mid-range game and passing skills are far superior to him. And he ain't a choker like Curry, not at Curry's level.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    With Durant they would still with titles with Nash. But i don't think they would have won a title before Durant got there with Nash. I don't think they win 73 games either.

Curry's scoring ability and range are on a completely different level from Nash. He is a bigger threat with or without the ball.

I dont know. Despite stupid people thinking I hate him.....Steve Nash was monstrously skilled.

I dont think we ever got to see the full range of his scoring ability. As fast as we felt they played....the 06 Suns? Nashs top scoring year? Their pace was less than any team in the NBA in 2019. In shot attempts they would be 27th in todays league. They would be shooting even more threes(they took 3 a game less than any team took this year).

Even better spacing with even more neutered defense(though to be fair 05-07 were also outliers for poor perimeter defense)?

I feel like we would consider Nash a better scorer now with the same skillset.

Would he be Steph? No. He just isnt gonna play that way. But I think hed look a lot closer than he looked back then. He won an MVP taking 11 shots a game. He never even got as high as 14 in his career. Think thats the same today?

I feel like coaches now would demand more scoring out of him and I think hed come though.

Nash would have been an easy 25-27ppg guy back in 2006...or today....if he was asked to provide that kind of scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    SHUT IT DOWN!

Phoenix led the league in pace in '06 at 99.2 and Nash averaged 18.8 ppg, 10 less than Arenas, with MDA as the coach. Mike James and Mike Bibby scored more than him.

In '16 GS was 2nd in pace at 103 and Curry averaged 30, tops among pgs, Lillard was at 25.

I don't see Nash closing the scoring gap that much. He was a pass first player. That was his nature, and he didn't have Curry's quick release.

Nash had good shot selection. Curry takes crazy shots, and makes them.

Curry's movement off the ball also causes a lot of problems for the defense. Nash was a better playmaker but his off the ball impact wasn't close to Curry.
    Last edited by tontoz; 04-18-2019 at 11:39 AM.

College star

Curry makes them better but Nash would help the role players on the warriors get more easy buckets. For instance when McGee was there he would probably get a couple more lobs and dunks a game helping when things get stagnet for the stars.

Kobe Stan

Yes, the Warriors would be worse with Nash, but not by much.

Imagine having one of the greatest seasons of all time while building from the ground up with fking Klay Thompson and Draymond Green as 2nd and 3rd options and then being insulted with these low IQ takes.

Who is scoring 30ppg in 3 quarters on historical efficiency on that team pre-Durant if Nash is the one at the point?

They'd be worse but not by much. While Nash is an amazing shooter he simply can't do what Curry does who is basically a legitimate threat to shoot right when he crosses half court.

The gravity that Curry generates (which opens up the entire offense) is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    He isn't just a spot up shooter dumbass

But it's a big part of his game

However, I wouldn't expect you to see thru the obvious lines there
    Curry has the 4th lowest spot up frequency percentage on the Warriors That's including Looney and Livingston.

https://stats.nba.com/players/spot-u...EVIATION*E*gsw

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    Nash would have been an easy 25-27ppg guy back in 2006...or today....if he was asked to provide that kind of scoring.
    Easy 27ppg? Nash never even scored 19ppg for a single season so how can you say he would easily average more than other guards known for their scoring such as Kyrie Irving or Lillard?