Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Would the Warriors be any worse with Prime Nash instead of Curry?

Would Nash be an even better fit next to Durant?

Nash would thrive even more in todays league than he did then...true or false?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Would the Warriors be any worse with Prime Nash instead of Curry?

Nash would thrive even more but that wouldnt make the Warriors better. They could win the title with either so im not sure the difference would be noteworthy.

I wonder if a coach could convince Nash to actually try to score these days. Some people just arent built that way.

You know he had 25-28 a game talent even if he didnt use it.

Hmmm... thats an interesting question.

Nash's 3 point percentage would have to factor into any debate

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Nash would thrive even more but that wouldnt make the Warriors better. They could win the title with either so im not sure the difference would be noteworthy.

I wonder if a coach could convince Nash to actually try to score these days. Some people just arent built that way.

Nash turned up his scoring a bit in the playoffs:

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../nashst01.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

That always bothered me with CP3. There was no reason for CP3 not to be scoring 25 PPG if you ask me.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Nash's stats would be insane in today's game, but he was a ball-dominator like harden or Westbrook

So if he played like that, the Warriors wouldn't be as good

however, he has catch-and-shoot ability like Curry, so he could succeed with the Warriors by simply adjusting his game

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    That always bothered me with CP3. There was no reason for CP3 not to be scoring 25 PPG if you ask me.
    Yeah there is...he's a point guard. His job is to be the engine and make the TEAM score.

PG looking out for his own offense(short of the team having a lot of talent like Curry who plays more like a shooting guard) isn't good for the team.

from 2004 to 2010 Nash has a case.

according to the numbers.

lucky 7s

Wildcard.

Endgame.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAH

Curry's much better at creating for himself on the perimeter. Though Nash might've been more deadly once in the paint. I would think Curry's a bit better finisher but Nash could really manipulate a defense once in there. Overall the Warriors would be worse despite Nash being the better passer. Curry's scoring is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Nash's stats would be insane in today's game, but he was a ball-dominator like harden or Westbrook

So if he played like that, the Warriors wouldn't be as good

however, he has catch-and-shoot ability like Curry, so he could succeed with the Warriors by simply adjusting his game
    When you put it that way...Nash might also be better for Klay who doesn't get many opportunities since Durant joined.

Draymond becomes a spot-up shooter if Nash plays his normal style

Otoh, Draymond is currently a playmaker because Curry is a spot-up shooter... Curry's style allows teammates like Dray and Durant to play to full capacity as part-time ball-handlers

So while curry doesn't actively get teammates shots as much as Nash, his style allows for more sophisticated and diverse offense, and a better team overall

Nash does have the capacity to adjust and play more like curry though. I don't think we'd see much drop-off with Nash vs curry

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Draymond becomes a spot-up shooter if Nash plays his normal style

Otoh, Draymond is currently a playmaker because Curry is a spot-up shooter... Curry's style allows teammates like Dray and Durant to play to full capacity as part-time ball-handlers

So while curry doesn't actively get teammates shots as much as Nash, his style allows for more sophisticated and diverse offense, and a better team overall

Nash does have the capacity to adjust and play more like curry though. I don't think we'd see much drop-off with Nash vs curry
    God you are a ****ing moron.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    He isn't just a spot up shooter dumbass

But it's a big part of his game

However, I wouldn't expect you to see thru the obvious lines there