Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: So.....Westrbook has averaged a triple double the last 3 straight seasons....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Ok.

That makes him different from like 130 hall of famers how?
    Well, for one, the majority of those hall of famers weren't being put on this pedestal that Westbrook has been put on these last few years.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: So.....Westrbook has averaged a triple double the last 3 straight seasons....

I am a hater for sure, though. Westbrook is the perfect example of everything I hate in a basketball player.

Thats fine by me.

Being real about it.

Some people...just rub you the wrong way.

Im rubbed the wrong way more by the lazy types who waste what they are given.

Eddy Curry rubs me wrong more than the Westbrook types.

I can only dislike someone giving it all they have so much. That said...Rodman gave all he had. I understand other teams fans not liking him. Its not a total cure all.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Well, for one, the majority of those hall of famers weren't being put on this pedestal that Westbrook has been put on these last few years.

So we talking basketball or what you see on tv at 9am?

I'll do either we just dont have reason to act like its part of the same discussion.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc.
    Wait... people are equating lebron with westbrook now?

New low for lebron haters.

Truly embarrasing
    Anyone who isnt a dumbass knows that wesbrook is just a less efficient lebron. But theyre still not effective. Theres a reason why lebron is just 3/9 compared to the ones who played the right way (6/6, 5/7, 5/9) and those guys didnt even cheat to get theirs.

3-time NBA All-Star

[QUOTE=RRR3]Kobe stans are the GOAT hypocrites, although I think bileraraver is a Jordan stan (?). It

Good college starter BigShotBob's Avatar

I'm not sure what everyone is arguing about.

It's not the triple-double that's the issue at all.

It's his atrocious shooting.

He's just not a threat from mid-range or from three. And he's not skilled in the post. He could kill you in transition or if he's going downhill but that won't happen often especially in the playoffs. He's athletic with a great motor but he has a very limited skill set.

What's so hard to understand about this?

He could average 30-1-1 for all I care. If he was unstoppable from mid-range and three then this would be a completely different series. Defenses would have to play him tighter, it would open up the floor for his teammates, and it would change the complexion of the entire game.

But defenses only respect you when you are known for hitting shots, or when you actually....hit shots.

Westbrook fits neither of those categories. No scouting report will tell you to hound him from the three-point line and emphasize contesting his mid-range shots and "hope" that he misses. In fact if you make him shoot a jump shot at all.....you made the right choice. Even if you left him wide open.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Proctor
    It's amazing to me that he seems to have a terrible shooting performance just about every game and gets no criticism for it because of how hard he plays and his triple double shtick.

He is a terrible decision maker and very often shoots horribly from the field. Good luck winning with that formula.
    Its annoying when the media brings up "He plays hard!!".So what? every star player Curry/Irving/Dame/ plays hard. That's why they're at that level. All those guys play hard and work on their game. Its like he's praised for doing the bare minimum

Quote Originally Posted by Vragrant
    Its annoying when the media brings up "He plays hard!!".So what? every star player Curry/Irving/Dame/ plays hard. That's why they're at that level. All those guys play hard and work on their game. Its like he's praised for doing the bare minimum
    Lol it’s true. He’s coddled.

It’s funnier because the media is bullied by him. You can tell they’re intimidated.

Which is funny because he so effeminate otherwise. And bitch like I don’t know why they would be.

They give this guy passes like when he said he would physically assault a woman in the stands. And then he lied and said their comments were racially motivated to get them banned.

His constant PMS temper tantrums, that Barkley acknowledges. He’s spoiled and entitled. And selfish.

He’s the only player that’s allowed to be an asshole to reporters just doing their job, besides coach Gregg Popovich, and occasionally Kevin Durant.

Another super efficient game for Mr. Triple Double.

What a useless thread. He didn't drop a triple double tonight or even gunned for it.

Imagine if Jordan had to guard someone other than car mechanics

that was his only GOAL! good for him
    Curry, Harden, Bran, KD, Kyrie, Lillard, and many others can average triple double for 5 seasons if it was their goal.

OKC people and coaches are idiots for allowing this.
    and anyone thinks this didn't hurt the team big time is a cnut.

Quote Originally Posted by zizozain
    that was his only GOAL! good for him
    Curry, Harden, Bran, KD, Kyrie, Lillard, and many others can average triple double for 5 seasons if it was their goal.

OKC people and coaches are idiots for allowing this.
    and anyone thinks this didn't hurt the team big time is a cnut.
    What's their record when he gets one? dudes are so pissed off that he has triple doubles on the regular.

MY FAV PLAYER COULD HAVE DUNS IT IF HE WANTED TO. HE JUST DIDNT WANT TO AND HE WANTED TO WINS

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    What's their record when he gets one? dudes are so pissed off that he has triple doubles on the regular.

MY FAV PLAYER COULD HAVE DUNS IT IF HE WANTED TO. HE JUST DIDNT WANT TO AND HE WANTED TO WINS
    Chuckbricks legacy is gonna be nothing without KD and single handedly devaluing the triple double

nice job

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

He can carry a team, that's not a question, but his brand of basketball limits a team's ceiling

He's simply not a good enough scorer and playmaker to handle the ball and shoot it as much as he does. The thing is while he does take a lot of dumb shots he gets a lot of good looks and drives to the rim pretty often, he's not a good shooter or finisher. He has good form too, it's weird seeing that pretty jumper brick everything. He's also very athletic so the finishing being as bad as it is is strange. It's 2019, it's easier than ever to shoot and finish yet he's not good at either

Which means his basketball IQ just isn't there otherwise he'd be a good shooter/finisher

Also a bad defender for how athletic he is, even if he's improved this season it's still not where it can be. I get not going hard on that end especially with a high workload on offense but this dude was often one of the laziest defenders in the league.

Don't get me started on rebounds, there's no reason for a guard to average that much in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    What a useless thread. He didn't drop a triple double tonight or even gunned for it.

Imagine if Jordan had to guard someone other than car mechanics