Default good Woj article on Josh Smith

[QUOTE]Josh Smith finally finds the perfect fit with the Houston Rockets
    Adrian Wojnarowski By Adrian Wojnarowski

BOSTON

NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: good Woj article on Josh Smith

They didn't look very impressive when Golden State was beating them every which way.

He didn't mention Barkley, but he did.

NBA sixth man of the year

[QUOTE]"I feel like the emotions and fire is back for me," he said. "I had a lot of fun in Atlanta. We were winning and successful for a majority of years that I was there. Then I fell into a dark hole, because when you're a player in this league, and you see the journey and road it takes to have success, become part of a pretty good team, and then you go back down

Smith has a TS of 48% and an ORTG of 90 with the Rockets. He is turning it over more than ever.

Smith has never been able to accept his limitations and never will.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    I will say that Joe Johnson is probably feeling the same way. I bet he wished that he was still here now.
    That's like saying Monta Ellis wished he stayed in Golden State.

That's like saying Luol Deng wished he stayed in Cleveland.

The teams would be completely different from they are today. That was a dumb statement from you.

Everyone knows that Woj likes most of the players who were signed by joe dumars as he is a close friend of his.

Woj articles are never good

i don't trust his articles after he was exposed badly

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Smith has a TS of 48% and an ORTG of 90 with the Rockets. He is turning it over more than ever.

Smith has never been able to accept his limitations and never will.
    He's had a good recent stretch: 25/47 over his last four games. Then again, for his TS% to only be at 48% after such a run, that should help illustrate what was happening prior. But even then, he had good moments too. He's kind of been all over the place statistically.

That said, I know very little about Smith himself, so I support articles reminding folks that bad or ineffective on-court play does not mean a person is an absolute derelict in real life. I respect him opting out of the whole social media thing, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    He's had a good recent stretch: 25/47 over his last four games. Then again, for his TS% to only be at 48% after such a run, that should help illustrate what was happening prior. But even then, he had good moments too. He's kind of been all over the place statistically.

That said, I know very little about Smith himself, so I support articles reminding folks that bad or ineffective on-court play does not mean a person is an absolute derelict in real life. I respect him opting out of the whole social media thing, for one.
    His ts% will never be good with the way he shoots 3s and fts. That doesnt necessarily mean he is playing bad though.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    His ts% will never be good with the way he shoots 3s and fts. That doesnt necessarily mean he is playing bad though.
    Very true. Those particularly issues just tend to be magnified when he's performing both actions at a high clip.

Things probably would have been a touch better in Detroit if at least one of his shooting categories was solid. But leading the team in shots while shooting sub-40%, combined with those other two categories - was disastrous.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Very true. Those particularly issues just tend to be magnified when he's performing both actions at a high clip.

Things probably would have been a touch better in Detroit if at least one of his shooting categories was solid. But leading the team in shots while shooting sub-40%, combined with those other two categories - was disastrous.
    he wasn't great as a starter and disastrous as a first option, but he's playing well as our 6th man.