Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: lmao Chuck buried Gabrielle Union

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Barkley is EASILY the biggest draw on the show. It's not even close...
    That is likely true, but it doesn't make his analysis any more insightful or praiseworthy. Just like Justin Bieber's album sales don't make his music any better.

Guy is always saying and doing incredibly stupid shit, and has been his whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    For his career Barkley averaged 22/11 with a TS of 61%. He is a consensus top 3 pf all time.

Dresta is a moron.
    Seriously, how does that have anything to do with what i said? How does any of that make him less of a career loser - did those things stop him losing each and every year of his career? Nope. So get that irrelevant bullshit outta here.

And he certainly is not a consensus top 3, especially with the way he played defense.

Anyway, i cba with this and so will defer to the authority of NBA winners, like people always do on here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ugxfIYANA

Pippen: 'I should have listened to Michael a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn't show any dedication' also calls him 'fat' 'lazy' and a 'selfish guy who doesn't wanna win' - so both Pippen and MJ thought he was an NBA loser as well, it seems, and i think they know more about it than you do.

Nor is he a consensus top3 pf: Duncan, KG, Dirk and Malone all had better nba careers. Remarkable how many things you can get wrong in a single sentence, and then have the audacity to call someone else a moron!

Quote Originally Posted by zoom17
    Dresta it's not that serious
    True. But all i did was post a single response giving my opinion about Mr. Barkley, and that triggered hoards people who are for some reason quite mesmerised by me, and will never miss an opportunity to say something about me, or fling some fatuous insult my way. After that i made the mistake of trying to keep up with the responses, before realising its futility if i hoped to go outside that day.

It seems my reputation on here precedes me to the point where I can't even state the fact of Charles Barkley being a career loser without the ignorant masses pouring in to defend their parochial hero. Obviously i can't keep pace with all those morons piling in one-after-another like the flock of babbling geese that they are, and should have realised it earlier.

Thus i will bow out on a high, as this thread quickly turned into quite the waste of time. Barkley's golf swing one more time (a montage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxLkEPb5DzI

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dresta rambling again. This dude is such a fvckboy is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    That is likely true, but it doesn't make his analysis any more insightful or praiseworthy. Just like Justin Bieber's album sales don't make his music any better.

Guy is always saying and doing incredibly stupid shit, and has been his whole life.

Seriously, how does that have anything to do with what i said? How does any of that make him less of a career loser - did those things stop him losing each and every year of his career? Nope. So get that irrelevant bullshit outta here.

And he certainly is not a consensus top 3, especially with the way he played defense.

Anyway, i cba with this and so will defer to the authority of NBA winners, like people always do on here:

Pippen: 'I should have listened to Michael a year ago when he said that Charles will never win a championship because he doesn't show any dedication' also calls him 'fat' 'lazy' and a 'selfish guy who doesn't wanna win' - so both Pippen and MJ thought he was an NBA loser as well, it seems, and i think they know more about it than you do.

Nor is he a consensus top3 pf: Duncan, KG, Dirk and Malone all had better nba careers. Remarkable how many things you can get wrong in a single sentence, and then have the audacity to call someone else a moron!

True. But all i did was post a single response giving my opinion about Mr. Barkley, and that triggered hoards people who are for some reason quite mesmerised by me, and will never miss an opportunity to say something about me, or fling some fatuous insult my way. After that i made the mistake of trying to keep up with the responses, before realising its futility if i hoped to go outside that day.

It seems my reputation on here precedes me to the point where I can't even state the fact of Charles Barkley being a career loser without the ignorant masses pouring in to defend their parochial hero. Obviously i can't keep pace with all those morons piling in one-after-another like the flock of babbling geese that they are, and should have realised it earlier.

Thus i will bow out on a high, as this thread quickly turned into quite the waste of time. Barkley's golf swing one more time (a montage):

Banned

Why is this thread 6 pages long?

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    More like Gabbie buried Chuck. Chuck couldn't even get his comeback straight. Union wasn't even in Snakes on a Plane or the Madea movies.

Chuck's Wade hate has reached the point where he says things that don't even make sense. Bosh has been the Heat's best player? That's demonstrably false on any level-- statistical or observational. Chuck was raving about Whiteside on ESPN, saying he watched Heat/Bulls Sunday-- yet, apparently he ignored Wade, not Bosh, closing the game.

I'd love to know went down during/ after the "Fave 5" commercials between Wade and Barkley. Because Wade plucked Barkley out of obscurity with those ads, and the next thing you know Chuck has all kinds of TV gigs. Yet, instead of being grateful, the fact **** has been taking shots at Wade ever since.

It has to be jealousy because Chuck likes to pretend he's 6'4" too, and I've noticed a lot of shorter ex-NBA players-turned-commentators seem to be resentful of Wade's success. They can't get over the fact that he could do things at that size that they only dreamed of.

Newsflash, Round Mound: you couldn't hold a candle to D-Wade in his prime. Yeah, I'm from the Philly area, and I watched just about every game you played for the Sixers. You're the best rebounder ever for your size, you could score and you became an ironic three-point shooter. And it was fun to watch you power dribble the length of the court.

But, other than rebounding and, I guess, 3-point shooting, Wade has you in every other category of the game. There's a reason your line about Larry Bird being the only NBA player worse at defense than you was funny: it rang true, at least on your end. Wade was once an elite defender-- he was once elite at almost everything. You weren't. He's better than you and has the hardware to prove it. Get over it and show some respect.
    Last edited by jrong; 01-31-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YouGotServed
    Dresta rambling again. This dude is such a fvckboy is embarrassing.

Dresta man

jrong stop the Wade Gospel. Barkley > Wade all-time.

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    "Never mention you and Meryl Streep in the same sentence. Meryl Streep would never do Snakes on a Plane and Madea"
    Says someone who did Philly, Phoenix and Houston.... whiff whiff whiff. Hey 3, like Wade's titles.

Gabrielle Union probably made more money in Snakes on a plane+Madea than charles has in all his movies combined.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Newsflash, Round Mound: you couldn't hold a candle to D-Wade in his prime. Yeah, I'm from the Philly area, and I watched just about every game you played for the Sixers. You're the best rebounder ever for your size, you could score and you became an ironic three-point shooter. And it was fun to watch you power dribble the length of the court.

But, other than rebounding and, I guess, 3-point shooting, Wade has you in every other category of the game. There's a reason your line about Larry Bird being the only NBA player worse at defense than you was funny: it rang true, at least on your end. Wade was once an elite defender-- he was once elite at almost everything. You weren't. He's better than you and has the hardware to prove it. Get over it and show some respect.
    barkley doesn't need to respect a player that is CLEARLY inferior to him.

name one time wade ever won an mvp. name one time wade ever had a season like barkley did in 1990 and 1993.

you'll point to a title or two, but it's hogwash and beside the fact when we use context (the worst officiated/rigged finals in history / winning rings as a sidekick).

barkley was a double-double machine along with being one of the greatest offensive players ever, and while he didn't have the work ethic someone like david robinson or hakeem had, the guy still impacted the game to a degree his counterpart centers and fowards did. maybe even greater. his impact according to RAPM, raw stats and footage leaves wade in the dust - which is why nobody but casual watching highlight fanboys would ever rank wade over barkley, even with the sidekick titles (shows you how little appreciation REAL basketball fans have towards "along for the ride" championships).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

MJ was also the guy who said Barkley was the best player at the Olympic trials even though he didn't make the team before they turned pro. And Barkley was very overweight at the time.

KG only got past the first round once before going to Boston. He must have been a loser too, or maybe he was just stuck with a crap organization.

Feel free to post a link to any site that has KG ranked over Barkley all time. KG was a soft jump shooter who faded in the clutch time and time again. It was always someone else taking the big shots. He didn't have the guts.

Barkley was one of the greatest offensive forces this game has ever seen. And an elite rebounder as well. He was the undisputed best player on a Suns team that made it to the finals and were denied by MJ.

IN the playoffs he averaged 23/13 with an ortg of 120. That is hardly the resume of a loser.
    Last edited by tontoz; 01-31-2015 at 02:59 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    barkley doesn't need to respect a player that is CLEARLY inferior to him.

name one time wade ever won an mvp. name one time wade ever had a season like barkley did in 1990 and 1993.

you'll point to a title or two, but it's hogwash and beside the fact when we use context (the worst officiated/rigged finals in history / winning rings as a sidekick).

barkley was a double-double machine along with being one of the greatest offensive players ever, and while he didn't have the work ethic someone like david robinson or hakeem had, the guy still impacted the game to a degree his counterpart centers and fowards did. maybe even greater. his impact according to RAPM, raw stats and footage leaves wade in the dust - which is why nobody but casual watching highlight fanboys would ever rank wade over barkley, even with the sidekick titles (shows you how little appreciation REAL basketball fans have towards "along for the ride" championships).
    What are you even talking about? Is RAPM all you use for arguments when comparing players? Your Wade hate is ridiculous.

Wade's 2009 Season easily matches Barkley's 1990 & 1993 Season. Wade's team being far worse and Wade's Defense doesn't even make this a discussion. Really a Lebron stan complaining about a series being rigged? Or a Star player getting calls?

The only thing Barkley has over Wade All-Time is An MVP.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    What are you even talking about? Is RAPM all you use for arguments when comparing players? Your Wade hate is ridiculous.

Wade's 2009 Season easily matches Barkley's 1990 & 1993 Season.
    i clearly suggested RAPM, raw stats AND game footage - but alright ...

and no, it doesn't. not when we include postseason play. barkley's impact on the offensive end ALONE makes him the easy choice. that, and wade flaming out shooting a mere 44% against the hawks who lebron, with an equally terrible roster, dominated and swept.

nobody rates wade ahead of barkley on an all-time level. why is that?

Can a mod lock this thread please. I never wanted it to become this pathetic shitstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    Why is this thread 6 pages long?
    That's kinda what I was wondering. Lol

I think probably because Dresta called Chuck, Iverson, Malone, Stockton etc etc "career losers" and then there has been a bunch of back and forth about it, with Dresta writing novels in his defense

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    i clearly suggested RAPM, raw stats AND game footage - but alright ...

and no, it doesn't. not when we include postseason play. barkley's impact on the offensive end ALONE makes him the easy choice. that, and wade flaming out shooting a mere 44% against the hawks who lebron, with an equally terrible roster, dominated and swept.

nobody rates wade ahead of barkley on an all-time level. why is that?
    I looked at their raw stats and Barkley has an edge on rebounding, fg%, and turnovers. Wade averages more points, assists, steals, and blocks.

Wade's Defensive Impact > Barkely's Offensive Impact. Let's act like Wade didn't produce as much offense and didn't provide more defense.

Wade didn't have any help and was playing pretty much by himself. Lebron's supporting Cast had better shooters, elite defense, elite rebounding, All-Star in Mo Williams, a Coach of the Year, and 2 other ball handlers in Mo and Delonte.
    Wade had crap shooters, no elite rebounding, 2 rookies and a washed up Jermaine O'Neal Starting, a Rookie Coach, Wade had to anchor the defense.

What does Barkley have over Wade All-Time but an MVP? Wade > Barkley. Nobody has Barkley over Wade All-Time, why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings

Wade's 2009 Season easily matches Barkley's 1990 & 1993 Season. Wade's team being far worse and Wade's Defense doesn't even make this a discussion. Really a Lebron stan complaining about a series being rigged? Or a Star player getting calls?

It's better to just ignore the dude. He's a delusional LeTurd stan.