Some context from Jason Lloyd regarding yesterday's 129-90 win:

Here’s a quick rundown of the historical significance of this win, based on research by the Cavs and Elias Sports Bureau: Friday set Quicken Loans Arena records for most points in regulation and the largest margin of victory for a Cavs team. It was their most lopsided win overall since a 43-point win over the 76ers on Jan. 15, 1994. The 75 points in the first half were the most since they scored that many against the Hawks on Dec. 11, 1999. The 35-point halftime lead was the largest in franchise history.
And, this addresses my above comments of the change in strategy defensively and the recent defensive surge by Kyrie Irving individually...

21. Anyway, back to the defense. The Cavs have held their last three opponents to 42 percent shooting or less. Now the Bulls were a wreck when they were here (they have since rallied to score huge back-to-back wins against the Spurs and Mavericks), the Jazz can’t score and the Hornets – despite their recent hot streak – are still lousy offensively.

22. I’m not begrudging what the Cavs have done lately defensively, I’m just trying to reveal the entire picture. Still, the way opposing point guards have struggled against the Cavs recently is noticeable. Eric Bledsoe shot 3-for-8 against the Cavs, Chris Paul shot 4-for-15, Derrick Rose shot 5-for-14, Trey Burke shot 1-for-10 and Kemba Walker shot 3-for-14 Friday. All of that is within the last 10 days.

23. Irving deserves the bulk of the credit for that, although the Cavs’ new pick-and-roll scheme and the presence of Timofey Mozgov helps.
There may come a point in the semi-near future wherein people have to grudgingly accept that Kyrie is a quality defender for his position. J/S

Oh... sauce: http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-...ities-1.561112