Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Klay Thompson > James Harden. The end. Losing your 1-on-1 battle twice in a row

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Klay is the top two way SG in the world. But I think Harden is the better offensive player. So it comes down to what u value more. I think scoring wise it's a tie. Klay plays with another alpha dog kind of guy in Steph so they split the pie scoring. But Harden's scoring skillset is more potent.

So would u rather have Klay's great two way ability or Harden's combo of great scoring and great passing? No doubt they are the top two SG's in the world and look to be rivals at that spot for years to come! If I had to pick, give me Harden. Harden gets 7 dimes and 6 boards a game to go with 27 points a night. Historically, only MJ, Kobe, Wade, West, and Drexler get those kind of numbers at the SG!
    How is their scoring a tie?

Banned

Default Re: Klay Thompson > James Harden. The end. Losing your 1-on-1 battle twice in a row

This thread belongs in the Cringe Thread.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Klay is a much better second option on a championship caliber team.

The real question is, is Harden a good enough first option on a championship caliber team?

I personally don't think so, and thus, I would rather have Klay if I'm trying to win a title. It's obvious Harden is a much better first option though.

this.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Harden > Thompson not even a comparison

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Klay is a much better second option on a championship caliber team.

The real question is, is Harden a good enough first option on a championship caliber team?

I personally don't think so, and thus, I would rather have Klay if I'm trying to win a title. It's obvious Harden is a much better first option though.
    This, this....Harden is a better player than Klay. Harden can be the #1 option and create for himself or teammates much better than Klay. You've got people saying Harden needs more help, Howard sucks, etc...

GS is the definition of stacked and I think Klay benefits from that....He is a better defender though, Harden has improved in that area....

Exactly..... Aside from the game last week, Harden has pretty much always outplayed Klay. His team is losing because the Warriors are clearly a better team....

Local High School Star

Harden is betta playmaker, scorer and 1st option the only clay does betta is shoot and defend. Is this some sorta joke? swap them an see how many wins clay would get as the number 1 option with teams doubling him and revolving their game plan around stoping him.

Plus harden started abusing clay in the 3rd anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlamb47
    Harden > Thompson not even a comparison
    Klay is the better defender. Curry is the ball handler and Klay does what he does best which is shooting the ball. He does not need to score 25-30ppg, Curry does not even need to do it himself.

Harden has to dominate the ball. In recent games, when given the opportunity, Klay can be a great play maker. He learned how to slash and get to the FT line. Does not even need to cause he is an elite shooter. But still does to show y'all fools that he improved. His defense is the most amazing improvement in his game. He was not able to defend when he first got into the league. The transformation is mind blowing. He turned out to be one of the best perimeter players in this league in 3 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    Klay is the better defender. Curry is the ball handler and Klay does what he does best which is shooting the ball. He does not need to score 25-30ppg, Curry does not even need to do it himself.

Harden has to dominate the ball. In recent games, when given the opportunity, Klay can be a great play maker. He learned how to slash and get to the FT line. Does not even need to cause he is an elite shooter. But still does to show y'all fools that he improved. His defense is the most amazing improvement in his game. He was not able to defend when he first got into the league. The transformation is mind blowing. He turned out to be one of the best perimeter players in this league in 3 yrs.
    Truuuuuee... STILL
    Harden > Thompson

Put Thompson as 1st options on the rockets, his first step isnt quick enough to blow past defenders like Harden and he can create which he got better at but Harden is like top 3 at it

Truuuuuee... STILL
    Harden > Thompson

Put Thompson as 1st options on the rockets, his first step isnt quick enough to blow past defenders like Harden and he can create which he got better at but Harden is like top 3 at it
    Lmfao this thread is definitley a joke.
    Harden> Klay
    let me know when Klay averages 27 points 7assists and 6 rebounds while being the MAIN option which means defenses study your every move and all your tendencies. Oh yeah and he's also averaging about 2 steals and 1block. He's having a historical season.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    Lmfao this thread is definitley a joke.
    Harden> Klay
    let me know when Klay averages 27 points 7assists and 6 rebounds while being the MAIN option which means defenses study your every move and all your tendencies. Oh yeah and he's also averaging about 2 steals and 1block. He's having a historical season.
    thissssssssss...Too many harden haters

thissssssssss...Too many harden haters
    Yes it's crazy how ignorant these posters can be, the losses to the Warriors this year was hardly Hardens fault, they just got beat as a team. Harden did his part for the most part except for the 3rd game he was just off

Quote Originally Posted by SugarHill
    How is their scoring a tie?
    How? minus the fts Harden will be a 21-22ppg scorer. He gets to the line way too much and gets poossy calls

He is a 45% FG shooter for god sake. That's horrible

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    How? minus the fts Harden will be a 21-22ppg scorer. He gets to the line way too much and gets poossy calls

He is a 45% FG shooter for god sake. That's horrible
    Thats an opinion, which I happen to agree with...But Harden is still a better ball handler, he's better at getting to the rim, much better, he's still a more capable scorer...Lets assume there were no such things as fouls or free throws.....Do you think Klay is a better pure scorer than Harden? I'm talking as a finisher and everything.....

Klay is better.