Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: James Harden to Houston = Worst trade in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Easily. He's Urkel, without the brains. The Ninja Turtles 5th, retarded brother they kept locked away from society.

Harden was the one pushing OKC in big games. Has less weakness than Durant, was their best playmaker, possibly their smartest player last year ... and ultimately the dimension that made them SO dangerous.

Houston traded a ton of pieces for him, but they got a steal. He might end up being the best player of the three before all is said and done. That sounds blasphemous given Durant's play. But the Houston situation is IDEAL for him to add and build a resume / legacy.

He doesn't have a second option as dangerous as UrkelBrook.
    what was a ton of pieces? martin, Lamb (who may or may not ever amount to anything), and three picks (which they had been stockpiling? OKC sent back 3 nothing players as well (which is what I consider lamb and at least the 2nd round pick). Houston made out great IMO.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He wasn't going to stay either way
    Yes he was. He wanted to resign at the max, 4 years/60 million. He came out and admitted the trade was a shock and he wanted to and expected to stay in OKC. Presti low-balled him, reportedly 4 years 54-55 million. Harden declined that offer and was shipped out the next day. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    He wasn't going to stay either way
    nikka you cray

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    what was a ton of pieces? martin, Lamb (who may or may not ever amount to anything), and three picks (which they had been stockpiling? OKC sent back 3 nothing players as well (which is what I consider lamb and at least the 2nd round pick). Houston made out great IMO.
    I remember when ISH posters were trying to convince me that Houston giving up all those pieces for Harden wasn't a good deal.

Now that Toronto pick is looking like a 12-14 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    dude why dont you grow up? calling someone urkelbrook? let me guess, you're 14 yrs old
    Family matters was popular in the late 80s and the 90s.

A 14 year old wouldn't be too hip to the Urkel-ster (Did I do that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    Yes he was. He wanted to resign at the max, 4 years/60 million. He came out and admitted the trade was a shock and he wanted to and expected to stay in OKC. Presti low-balled him, reportedly 4 years 54-55 million. Harden declined that offer and was shipped out the next day. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    Nerd boy wanted to show Harden and the whole world that he was no nerdy pushover. His ego cost them an important player.

Easily. He's Urkel, without the brains. The Ninja Turtles 5th, retarded brother they kept locked away from society.

Harden was the one pushing OKC in big games. Has less weakness than Durant, was their best playmaker, possibly their smartest player last year ... and ultimately the dimension that made them SO dangerous.

Houston traded a ton of pieces for him, but they got a steal. He might end up being the best player of the three before all is said and done. That sounds blasphemous given Durant's play. But the Houston situation is IDEAL for him to add and build a resume / legacy.

He doesn't have a second option as dangerous as UrkelBrook.

I agree with this, but let's be fair to Westbrook, as he was the Thunder's best player in the Finals.

Could they afford to have Westbrook, Durant, Harden and Ibaka though?

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I agree with this, but let's be fair to Westbrook, as he was the Thunder's best player in the Finals.
    No doubt. But in his finest game, also cost his team the game with a DUMB foul.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Dude... just no. You can't honestly believe that. He shot 43% for the series on 27 ppg, and that was hugely inflated by his game 4 (which was his only good, or even decent game in that series). Remove game 4 and he shot a mind-blowingly awful 36%. He was TERRIBLE in that series outside of game 4, and he was worse than his stats indicate - remember all those boneheaded plays he had in crunch time?

Durant, meanwhile, shot 55%, 39% on threes, and scored 31 a game. I hate to constantly "hate" on you, but this is the third time in the last week I've seen you make an outrageously stupid statement.

Sure, Durant wasn't doing anything that great outside his terrific scoring, but at least he wasn't actively hurting his team in crunch time like Westbrook was.

Banned

I don't know if it's worst trade in NBA history but this trade is very similar to McGrady going to Orlando.

Young up-and-coming players who immediately became All-Stars and borderline MVP candidate in their new team. And yes, I do think Harden should be in the MVP discussion. He won't win it obvious, but might finish around 5th-7th in MVP votes.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Could they afford to have Westbrook, Durant, Harden and Ibaka though?
    If they were serious about competing for a Championship, they would have kept the core together. They were more worried about the tax than they were about winning.

In the NBA, Your Window of opportunity is small. You have to take that opportunity when that window is there even at the cost of the tax. OKC decided that it wasn't worth it. And that's what they'll be remembered for as long as they don't win with their existing core.

This guy is amazing, they lost a true superstar.

No doubt. But in his finest game, also cost his team the game with a DUMB foul.

I don't think he cost his team with that. It was a mistake, but that's not the game.

Banned

OKC should have kept him and traded that turtle westbrick.