Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Can somebody explain to me why Charlotte traded Kobe to LA?

Charlotte was stupid to make that trade. They were just trying to make a quick buck and didn't think kobe had the talent to be a star

Kobe,"Paybacks a b(4 rings,7 nba finals apperences)itc(1 mvp in both nba and finals)h!!!

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Can somebody explain to me why Charlotte traded Kobe to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I gurantee you were still leaving brown marks in your underoos in 1996. Plenty of people expected Kobe to be this good. Where the hell do you think all the hype came from? The next MJ came from? Oh I get it. It came when L.A won the NBA Finals right? Right braniac? The buzz and hype Kobe had in HS was well documented. Dispite being an unproven talent people saw him being of the best players in the NBA. Much like they did with Lebron with the expectations placed on him and that mofo achieving damn near all of them. He just lacks the NBA title where people said he would have won it after 4years in the NBA. Plenty of people were high on Kobe Bryant out of HS. If not for him dictating where he would have gone? Dude would have been drafted much higher.

Maybe I'm the only one old enough to remember the Kobe Bryant phenomenon and everyone else gets thier stuff from articles or something. Heck I remember going to see this dude play at the Palestra (Upenn arena) when he was beasting for Lower Merion to win a state title. He absolutely owned in HS. Dude was in celeb charity games hooping it up. Went to one of those as well. Brandy was even there. Dude had mofos following him wherever he went and played. So you're wrong in thinking no one thought he would be this good today. People thought he would be the next MJ or better.
    If everyone knew he would be THIS good, he woudn't have dropped to 13th. Regardless of who he wanted to play for. A team could have drafted him, and let the Lakers get on their knees and beg.

Instead, guys like Antoine Walker, Marcus Camby, Stephon Marbury, Lorenzen Wright, Todd Fuller, Erick Dampier were selected above him.

If GM's around the league truly thought he would be the next MJ, then he would have been drafted much, much higher. Don't get wrong, I'm sure there were plenty of people that probably thought he would be great, but I don't think that was the case with the majority. Instead, Allen Iverson was the next big thing.