Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default NBA = Broadcast In 215 Countries, Euroleague = Broadcast In 191 Countries

All the nonsense you hear in this forum over and over, like "No good NBA player would play in the Euroleague because no one sees the games", and "the whole world sees NBA games and no one sees Euroleague games so that means no good NBA player will ever play in Europe".................

these ridiculous and absurd myths and fantasies of NBA fans are just more nonsense that comes from NBA marketing and hype.

I have looked at the official numbers and the FACT is that the NBA is broadcast in 215 countries, in over 100 languages and the Euroleague is broadcast in 191 countries, in over 100 languages. And currently, the Euroleague is in negotiations to be broadcast in several more countries as well.

There seems to be an extremely twisted, deranged, and warped concept and understanding of the Euroleague in the United States. Americans actually compare the Euroleague to the D-League and call it a "minor league". Well name one "minor league" that is broadcast in 191 countries. The D-League is broadcast in ONE, on the great Versus Channel.

The Euroleague is one of the biggest professional sports leagues in the world. So just exactly what is it that causes Americans to refuse to accept that? Why do Americans so staunchly REFUSE to even acknowledge that it is even a "pro" league? How can one of the biggest sports leagues in the world be so dissed by Americans and without any logic or reasoning for it?

Americans in these forums even go so far as to say things like "the Euroleague = the MLS".....................

Really? So the MLS is broadcast in 191 countries and in over 100 languages? The MLS gets over 100 million hits a month to its website? The MLS has total revenues of over $3 billion a year? The MLS has some of the biggest and richest sports clubs in the world competing in it? The MLS has up to 250 million viewers of its games a week in China? The MLS has numerous numbers of players and coaches that make millions a year in salary?

And comparing that to the D-League? Get real.

Seriously, why are Americans so damn disrespectful and such damn arrogant a-holes about the Euroleague? This is the premiere league of the second biggest sport in Europe (which has more GDP and more people than the US) and all Americans do is call it things like "the JV rec league", "the youth church league", "the minor barn league", etc.

So seriously, just what the hell is wrong with Americans that they refuse to acknowledge one of the world's biggest professional leagues in all of sports and won't even admit that it's even a pro league? Or that they compare it to the MLS or the D-League? just why are American's views about the Euroleague so incredibly distorted and so amazingly ridiculous?

I am serious, I want to know why. I want to know why you talk about the Euroleague the way that you do and refuse to respect it at all. I can't see one other major sports league in the world that Americans disrespect in such a similar manner as they do the Euroleague. So just what the hell is the deal?
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 04-13-2010 at 12:54 PM.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

Default Re: NBA = Broadcast In 215 Countries, Euroleague = Broadcast In 191 Countries

It's not about how many countries show your game (highlights), it's about how many people in those countries actually watch. Euroleague games may be aired in all European countries, but rarely anybody watches them. NBA games however are mostly aired on premium channels and are in much higher demand. PLUS there's no denying people from the US rather play in the US. If Childress wouldve gotten the same amount of money in the US he wouldve stayed. 50% of the European teams mess around when it comes to paying their players on time too.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Default Re: NBA = Broadcast In 215 Countries, Euroleague = Broadcast In 191 Countries

The competition is weak, can't deny that.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

there is a reason why most stars in euroleague end up in the nba

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dough
    It's not about how many countries show your game (highlights), it's about how many people in those countries actually watch. Euroleague games may be aired in all European countries, but rarely anybody watches them. NBA games however are mostly aired on premium channels and are in much higher demand. PLUS there's no denying people from the US rather play in the US. If Childress wouldve gotten the same amount of money in the US he wouldve stayed. 50% of the European teams mess around when it comes to paying their players on time too.
    Pure bull shit. The Euroleague has FAR higher ratings in Europe than the NBA does. Also it is complete nonsense than 50% of Euroleague teams don't pay their players.

This is what I am talking about. Americans just make up complete and total bull shit about the Euroleague. None of that crap is true. So why the hell do Americans talk this way about the Euroleague and not about any other major pro sports league that way?

Has NBA marketing just totally brainwashed you or what?

shhhhhhh

215>191

of these 191 the united states is not one of them..

you know why? because we don't care...

end thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Pure bull shit. The Euroleague has FAR higher ratings in Europe than the NBA does.
    Can you show me these 'European' ratings please? I'd love to see those ratings.

This is what I am talking about. Americans just make up complete and total bull shit about the Euroleague. None of that crap is true. So why the hell do Americans talk this way about the Euroleague and not about any other major pro sports league that way?

Has NBA marketing just totally brainwashed you or what?
    I'm from Europe.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

why are people even arguing that the euroleague is somehow as good or better than the NBA?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    there is a reason why most stars in euroleague end up in the nba
    No. Because you have your facts wrong. Maybe 1/10th of the best Euroleague players ever go to the NBA. It's another pure myth and complete fantasy created by Americans that all the best Euroleague players are in the NBA. It's actually one of the funniest myths of all that Americans come up with.

There are all kinds of European NBA players that would not be anything more than mere role players in the Euroleague, yet Americans keep stating the pure fantasy that these same players are the "best" from the Euroleague. It's comical. Even when those same players go back to the Euroleague and are nothing more than average, Americans keep insisting they were "superstars in Euroleague".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    215>191

of these 191 the united states is not one of them..

you know why? because we don't care...

end thread
    The Euroleague is broadcast in the US. How many more lies can you come up with?

Banned

Can you show me these 'European' ratings please? I'd love to see those ratings.
    Are you serious? Wait......you actually believe the NBA has higher TV ratings in Europe than the Euroleague? You aren't just talking all the usual; NBA only fan pure fantasy bull shit, but you actually believe that?

Banned

I'm from Europe.
    Sure you are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    why are people even arguing that the euroleague is somehow as good or better than the NBA?
    In this forum NBA fans insist the Euroleague is = to the MLS or the D-League. I want an explanation for this. Because it is incredibly absurd for anyone to say such things.

Are you serious? Wait......you actually believe the NBA has higher TV ratings in Europe than the Euroleague? You aren't just talking all the usual; NBA only fan pure fantasy bull shit, but you actually believe that?
    No, I'd just like to see these ratings youre talking about. I'd love to see you pull up the ratings for 'Europe' like you claim to have.

Just the ratings. You claim you're going by 'European' ratings. Well, let's take a look at those, shall we?