Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-13-2013, 10:22 PM   #16
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Summer League

Andrew Goudelock had a game! Damn.

Both rookies struggled, especially Murphy who didn't even hit one of his 6 threes and had 10 fouls.

Teague also didn't look very sharp. Could definitely see Goudelock being added if he keeps it up, and Teague struggles through the summer league.
(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:49 AM   #17
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster(e) is a pretty well-respected poster

Andrew Goudelock does it again.

Seems like he is playing himself onto the roster with these performances. If he keeps scoring the way he is, I don't see how we don't pick him up to push Snell and Teague for playing time.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague
Butler/Snell/Goudelock
Deng/Dunleavy
Boozer/Taj/Murphy
Noah/Nazr

That seems to be what we will be working with next season, with Malcolm Thomas still having a shot to beat out Murphy or have both on for next season.

Can't say I'm mad, our season is going to rely heavily on who Derrick Rose is and how the team holds up. The bench will be solid behind Hinrich, Dunleavy, and Taj, with Snell being a big X factor.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:23 AM   #18
(e)
MJ of ISH *Brotherhood

Teague looked great tonight

Snell and Murphy both played alright too.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #19
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Murphy has been absolutely dynamite so far. I wouldn't complain if Thomas made it just because of all the injuries the front court usually gets.

Can't see Goudelock getting on though.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 AM   #20
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
Murphy has been absolutely dynamite so far. I wouldn't complain if Thomas made it just because of all the injuries the front court usually gets.

Can't see Goudelock getting on though.

This has always bugged me about SL. I understand it's just practice, and you're not playing against players that actually see the court in the NBA, but why do players like Goudelock and Selby absolutely tear it up.. then not make the roster? Cuz I agree with you that he probably won't make it.

Is there such a huge talent jump from SL to NBA? Why do some translate well and not others?

Anyway, end rant. I think the Bulls should keep Goudelock, if only because they are short on scoring, and he has proven he can score.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #21
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
This has always bugged me about SL. I understand it's just practice, and you're not playing against players that actually see the court in the NBA, but why do players like Goudelock and Selby absolutely tear it up.. then not make the roster? Cuz I agree with you that he probably won't make it.

Is there such a huge talent jump from SL to NBA? Why do some translate well and not others?

Anyway, end rant. I think the Bulls should keep Goudelock, if only because they are short on scoring, and he has proven he can score.
Generally speaking the summer league is basically rookies (and under achieving second/third year players who want to improve) vs d-league caliber guys.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #22
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

I liked what I saw from both Snell and Murphy in spurts. Rookies that have the potential to crack the rotation and earn some minutes if they stick to their strengths and learn our system.

Goudelock showed me enough that he may deserve a roster spot. I'd rather we re-sign Nate at the right price, but i think Goudelock can provide some of what Nate brought.

Teague impressed me as well. He's improved for sure. Now let's just wait and see if he'll do that against regular competition and be consistent. I think once Kirk is done Marquis can be a very good full-time backup to Derrick.

I even see where for the second unit Teague will run point and have Hinrich play some two guard.

Malcolm Thomas also showed why he deserves a roster spot.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: