Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Reminder: Paul's veto to the Lakers happened before Lebron won a ring.

Talk to the owners....who had just paid 300 million to buy the Hornets.

At least one owner did demand that the trade be rejected. Dan Gilbert, the Cleveland Cavaliers owner, referred to the trade as a “travesty” in a letter to Stern and others in the league Thursday night.

“I just don’t see how we can allow this trade to happen,” Gilbert writes in the letter, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

Gilbert claims that the deal would have saved the Lakers $20 million in salaries over the next three years, and another $21 million in luxury taxes — money that would go to small-market teams like the Cavaliers.

“I cannot remember ever seeing a trade where a team got by far the best player in the trade and saved over $40 million in the process,” Gilbert writes. “And it doesn’t appear that they would give up any draft picks, which might allow to later make a trade for Dwight Howard.”

Gilbert also states, “I know the vast majority of owners feel the same way that I do.” He asks for a vote of “the 29 owners of the Hornets” — a reference to the fact that each N.B.A. owner paid a share of the $300 million sale price.

Gilbert concludes, with sarcasm, “When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?”

Personally I thought it was a good deal and I never thought Eric Gordon would be shit. And looking back.....Dragic was a throw in on the first deal who alone....makes it a better deal than what they got. Especially considering the difference in draft pick was like 12 vs 16. It was Austin Rivers or Royce White.

But in the end....the owner(s) said no. They had no authority to say no on any of these other deals.

Default Re: Reminder: Paul's veto to the Lakers happened before Lebron won a ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Stop posing as a Knicks fan already
    Posing? I'm a Knicks fan, bitch. I ain't posting in that Rose thread claiming them as a superteam because I've been trolled enough.

I don't change allegiances every time a player jumps ship.

#KnicksTape #GoatbrookFam #TeamKobe

They don't interfere with each other, it's not like I'm a Celtics or Bulls or Nets fan stanning Lebron where my allegiance was ever put to the test in playoff series.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Posing? I'm a Knicks fan, bitch. I ain't posting in that Rose thread claiming them as a superteam because I've been trolled enough.

They don't interfere with each other, it's not like I'm a Celtics or Bulls or Nets fan stanning Lebron where my allegiance was ever put to the test in playoff series.
    To be fair to Bankaii, I think he's a 76ers fan. LeBron gives him something to cheer for

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Kobe was 0-2 in playoffsseries and missed the playoffs completely before Pau came
    Kobe went 4-8 as a low seed. Surely a lot better than 0-12 with MUCH better teammates.

By the way, LA were in the playoff picture before Kobe & Odom got injured. That was in 05'. Only solidifies how important Kobe was.

That shade.

I rooted against LeBron's Heat as hard as possible when we faced them in the second round. Nets first, LeBeast second for me. Never been confused about my team allegiance even once.

League is trending in the ultimate parity-free direction that leads to player stanning (with this Durant move, that's been sent into ultimate overdrive), so it's unfair IMO to get on people who root for consistently irrelevant teams to find individual players to pull for.

He went to a better team and it still hasn't stopped Bron. Prime BG> Washed up Kobe (well, one season of good Kobe....)

To each his own I guess. But you're definitely a Kobe Stan.
    I've seen some horrible posts from you in regards to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    To be fair to Bankaii, I think he's a 76ers fan. LeBron gives him something to cheer for
    Unfortunately I am But they're on the come up now!

Thanks for understanding though

Quote Originally Posted by West-Side
    Kobe went 4-8 as a low seed. Surely a lot better than 0-12 with MUCH better teammates.
    Kobe's a better player than Gasoline dipshit. I hope a top 10 GOAT would have more success than a 2nd option type player.

Pau was one of, if not the, best 2nd option during that stretch. Not to mention how stacked the Lakers were.

Quit acting like Kobe won those rings with subpar help

Cp3 went to a much better Clippers team and still isnt a real playoff threat.

2012 Lakers with Cp3 get swept by 20 points each game versus 2012 Heat.

2012 Lakers with Cp3 will get raped by 2012 OKC and not make the finals.

Once again retard14 with a retarded thread

Chris Paul did not go to a "much better" Clippers team. The Clippers were a 30 win, non playoff team before he went there and were universally known as the worst franchise in the NBA. His presence is mainly what made them a respectable franchise and elite team.

Not saying this thread isn't stupid or that CP going to the Lakers would've been made some huge difference but let's not rewrite history now. The Lakers were an already established playoff team who won 57 games the year before.

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    Cp3 went to a much better Clippers team and still isnt a real playoff threat.

2012 Lakers with Cp3 get swept by 20 points each game versus 2012 Heat.

2012 Lakers with Cp3 will get raped by 2012 OKC and not make the finals.

Once again retard14 with a retarded thread
    oh please the heat wouldn't sweep shit

also I think we could've beaten OKC with Chris Paul...just replace CP with Ramon Sessions and we win game 2 and game 4 of that series.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

I always wondered how Kobe and CP3 would have worked out from a style standpoint.

at the notion that Stern veto'd it to not have Kobe equal Jordan's count. At this point, Stern and the higher ups in the NBA were probably pleasuring themselves nightly at the thought of a Lakers-Heat/Kobe-LeBron-Wade final.