Question Have the Hawks Entered the "Hunger" Era?

When look back at the past decade or so the cornerstone players of the Hawks franchise (Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jeff Teague) all seemed to have very similar personalities. Reserved, low energy/motor, not always giving their best effort, lack of heart. Fast forward to this off season all the faces are officially gone which I think marks the end of an era. Now we have guys like Dennis Schroder, Kent Bazemore, Dwight Howard, and the new young and hungry wing rookies joining the team. These players seem to being a different energy to the team. They all seem very motivated and hungry to succeed. Reminiscent of what I saw in Demarre Carrol as a Hawk. They bring a level of swagger, confidence, heart, fearlessness the Hawks have lacked in the past. Have the Hawks finally left the "low energy" era and entered the "hunger" era?

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Default Re: Have the Hawks Entered the "Hunger" Era?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    When look back at the past decade or so the cornerstone players of the Hawks franchise (Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Al Horford, Jeff Teague) all seemed to have very similar personalities. Reserved, low energy/motor, not always giving their best effort, lack of heart. Fast forward to this off season all the faces are officially gone which I think marks the end of an era. Now we have guys like Dennis Schroder, Kent Bazemore, Dwight Howard, and the new young and hungry wing rookies joining the team. These players seem to being a different energy to the team. They all seem very motivated and hungry to succeed. Reminiscent of what I saw in Demarre Carrol as a Hawk. They bring a level of swagger, confidence, heart, fearlessness the Hawks have lacked in the past. Have the Hawks finally left the "low energy" era and entered the "hunger" era?
    I like the Hawks a lot, right now I have them as the 2 seed in the East, but Dwight Howard is the opposite of these things.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CakeorDeath
    I like the Hawks a lot, right now I have them as the 2 seed in the East, but Dwight Howard is the opposite of these things.
    dwight always did very well for himself in the east .. this atlanta team looks a whole lot more talented than most of those orlando ones too

I'm hyped, bro.

Prince and Bembry are legit too.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    dwight always did very well for himself in the east .. this atlanta team looks a whole lot more talented than most of those orlando ones too
    That's just silly. Both Turk and Shard had skills that nobody on the Hawks have.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
    That's just silly. Both Turk and Shard had skills that nobody on the Hawks have.
    they were only good for a couple years .. his casts were ass by last few years with the magic, and he was still producing and dragging them to the playoffs.

Prince will be a beast