Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan announces retirement.

I only started to really get into the NBA in 2010 so I totally missed the prime of this guys career. I had no idea he won back to back MVP's wtf, he must of been awesome. I have always just known him as the guy playing careful but crucial minutes, and obviously have known he is a top 10 player of all time but never really stopped to consider why. He must have been amazing.

Bye Timmy.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Legend.

Top 10 All-Time, probably the greatest player of the 00s.

Damn, he and Kobe retiring the same season, along with possibly Garnett & Pierce. I think only Dirk remains among great players who were drafted in the 90s.

College superstar

Better than both Barkley and Malone.

Good High School Starter

Retirement Press Conference

Coach Pop
    [quote]"I would not be here if it wasn't for Tim Duncan...he's made livings for hundreds of us."

"People who know me, know I wouldn't be here without Tim Duncan...I'd be (coaching) in a Budweiser league somewhere in America."

"He was over himself when he came in. Even after all his accolades"

"I think the thing that made him happiest...was the time he spent with his children before games."

"I'm trying to wrap my head around why I'm here and he's not."

"You and I both know he's too smart to coach, and that's for sure! So I don't think we'll see Timmy going up and down the sidelines.."

I usually hit open layups

Duncan was a great player.

Damn it... It is truly is the end of an era. Enjoy retirement Duncan you have earned it the greatest PF of all-time. You were class act on and off the court you were unselfish and perfect teammate to play with no ego not needing all glory being #1 option you were okay taking a backseat much later in your career to benefit your team chances at winning. I have never heard anybody say bad word about you including fans, teammates, coaches, etc. In my humble opinion you were Bill Russell of this era each and every year the Spurs were in playoffs and winning 50+ games for over a decade thanks to you that's sustained greatness and excellence at highest level in professional sports. I was fan of yours admired all great battles you had against my favorite team known as LA Lakers especially that 03 playoff run you had you went beast mode on entire league. Those were the days Shaq and Kobe vs Duncan Spurs memories I'll cherish and never forget.

Cheers to you!
    Last edited by Cold soul; 07-13-2016 at 12:34 AM.

It just hit me hard the greats such as Kobe, Duncan, and Peyton Manning all retired this year.

My childhood is now over and dead.

It's amazing how one day here's the phenom, future of the NBA, and the next he's gone, just like that, because of age. At the time, no idea how it felt to see an entire career come and go, and now it makes one feel old. It's going to be weird when all star players younger than me start retiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold soul
    It just hit me hard the greats such as Kobe, Duncan, and Peyton Manning all retired this year.

My childhood is now over and dead.
    Why are you associating Kobe with a top 10 all time great like Duncan

Good High School Starter

Thanks Tim, for everything