Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Banned

Default Re: Players go LIVE in a few moments [link inside]

This is what you said:

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    As a fan, I'd rather miss the season and have them get a better deal.
    Again, you can't say "as a fan" and then say you'd rather miss a season. Those are two conflicting ideas. What exactly is it that you're a fan of? Because it's not the NBA.

You can't even explain why you say this. You'd rather the players get a "better" deal. Why? You can't even explain why. What does how much money goes in their pockets have to do with you? You don't get any of it. I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. I'm asking WHY that's your opinion. You still can't explain it because you don't know why you feel that way. I don't get why you're getting so upset about that. People watch and follow the NBA because they're fans of the games. If you'd rather lose a season just so the players can get a "better" deal, you're not a fan of the game. For a fan, the priority is watching the games. If it's because you're seeking to identify with the players, just admit so. And stop saying you don't care because you do.
    Last edited by Hater; 11-10-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hater
    Nope, it has no personal effect on me. You clearly care or you wouldn't take the stance you took. It goes beyond an "interesting topic" if you care what the terms of the deal are. An objective fan whose only interest is seeing the game played cares only that a deal is struck. You're seeking to identify with one or both of the parties involved. I didn't say there's anything wrong with that. I'm asking why you care. It's clear you've attached yourself emotionally to the negotiations as if you're a part of it. The rest of us that don't need this emotional connection just want to be entertained. I don't get what's so hard to understand about this.
    Let me ask you this. Why do YOU care that I care? Everybody on this board has voiced their opinion on the lockout. I'm definitely not the first person to say "I hope the players get a fair deal". Why are you focusing on me?

Dunno what to tell you. I don't know anyone in the NBPA but I do have personal relationships with a few guys in the league or who have tried to get in the league in the past. Maybe I want to see them get compensated fairly? That's what you wanna hear? Damn....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Let me ask you this. Why do YOU care that I care? Everybody on this board has voiced their opinion on the lockout. I'm definitely not the first person to say "I hope the players get a fair deal". Why are you focusing on me?

Dunno what to tell you. I don't know anyone in the NBPA but I do have personal relationships with a few guys in the league or who have tried to get in the league in the past. Maybe I want to see them get compensated fairly? That's what you wanna hear? Damn....
    He's saying, quite correctly, that you're not really a true fan if you'd rather an entire season be lost for the sake of a few extra BRI percentage points for the players and a little bit more money in their bank accounts.

I don't know why this back-and-forth is continuing though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWall
    He's saying, quite correctly, that you're not really a true fan if you'd rather an entire season be lost for the sake of a few extra BRI percentage points for the players and a little bit more money in their bank accounts.

I don't know why this back-and-forth is continuing though.
    Well then I'm guess I'm not a "true" fan

Honestly, I don't give a shit about how much money they get,
    I just want them to play, and to play their best.