Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: Larry Bird - Greatest Clutch Player Ever - Top 3-5 GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Sure I'll answer the question: because he met up with top 10 teams ALL-TIME for 4 straight years in the postseason with a vastly inferior team around him. With even 80% of the talent these other teams had (Detroit, Boston), he would have had a championship in 1989 at the latest.
    Forgive him, he thinks Pippen deserves the same amount of credit as MJ. Its hilarious.

He just got done telling me that Chandler was just as valuable as Dirk because the Mavs wouldn't have won without Chandler so it doesn't matter who the better player was/is.

What he doesn't realize is that Chandler is much easier to replace than Dirk is. Same with Pippen. You could replace him. You can't replace MJ. That is the difference. But honestly, he'll never see it.

He actually believes Pippen was better than Magic and Bird. Its absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You still can't get out of your very narrow minded...black and white approach. Dirk's impact on a basketball game is what is in question....not breaking down players the way you do. What can Dirk do that others his size can't? A lot....a whole hell of a lot. Not just shooting mate.

But this isn't about that. Oh...and Dirk is closer to Duncan/Hakeem than Pippen is to Magic.....LOL

The bold is exactly why you reach such horrible conclusions...I can't make it any clearer. You can't break down players like that. Its absurd.

So where do you rate Lebron all time? He's just a much better version of Pippen to an extent. Again, please just talk in terms of being a better basketball player. Do not factor in any career crap. Surely you don't think Pippen is a more valuable player than Lebron....right?
    When you asked me this question the first time, I said I see lebron james jumping into that echelon of players that include jordan, wilt, jabaar, etc. He's still young and must continue to develope. Especially a post game. As well as changing his mental way of thinking. But right now, I put him in in the second tier.

And right now, id say pippen is better. I told you in another thread that if you replaced lebron james with pippen in this past nba finals, the heat beat the mavericks. Cuz I'm confident pippen wouldn't have allowed jason terry to do what he did to james. As well as jj berea

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    Sure I'll answer the question: because he met up with top 10 teams ALL-TIME for 4 straight years in the postseason with a vastly inferior team around him. With even 80% of the talent these other teams had (Detroit, Boston), he would have had a championship in 1989 at the latest.
    So if you willingly admit this (and I agree). I'm just applying the same logic to pippen, payton, kidd, as well as a few others.

The talent was there. Unfortunatly, the opportunity wasn't. That doesn't make them aany less of a player.

I've had 97 bulls on my ignore list for the past 16 months and this proves why