Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Kobe Is Factually Top 7 All-Time

People letting BSPN and trolls on this forum gas their heads up to make idiotic claims. Most casual people who aren't on basketball forums or espn boards have Kobe in their top 5. Alot of these people only speak of 3 basketball players (Jordan, Kobe, Bron)...I'm talkin barber shops, bars, basketball ball court convos, convos at work, convos on the block relaxing, random ppl you see exc.. Most peoples top 5 is Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kobe, LeBron just in the casual world...With that being said I have Kobe at 7..Not off of opinion but due to straight facts.

Kobe is TOP 5 ALL TIME IN THE FOLLOWING:

All Defensive Teams
    All NBA Teams
    All Star Selections
    Points All Time
    Playoff Points All Time
    Playoff Steals All Time

Of players with a combination of Titles and Finals MVPs he's Top 7 All Time

In the most important part of the game ( scoring) he's top 5 All Time in 50pt games aswell as 40pt games

He's universally known as a Top 3 most Clutch player All Time (Don't come at me wit the nerd stats/Propaganda).. Kobe has the most Game winners of All Time right After Jordan.

BSPN likes to place Bird ahead of Kobe, yet Kobe avg more ppg and Ast than Bird, has more titles with the same amount of Finals MVPs

When you combine Accolades, Talent, Mark on thr game, exc..There's no way in hell Kobe is outside of the top 8.

Kobe's last 3yrs really got him black balled in that ESPN ranking honestly.. Even ranking him as the worst player in the league when people with a brain knowd damn well the worst player in the league couldn't drop 60pts in a game at age 36... BSPN really has the trolls misguided rightnow to the point where they are ignoring facts.

Just know that as much as we all want for this Forum to change public perception that it really doesn't.. Sh!t just spend a day on Facebook comments that are under any LeBron, Jordan, Kobe pic..Or basketball history in general, most casual fans view Kobe as a top 10 great who was a winner and most clutch since Jordan.

Even watching games over the past 15 years you see most commentators (opposing team) talk about how much of a killer Kobe is and his worth. He's built a legend that can never be knocked down by 5 trolls with 20 accounts..And I'm pretty sure the haters know it's true because they can't stop bringing him up even while he's retired.

Perfect Example is a poster like Arbitrary Water who has 25,000+ post, known Kobe hater whos used atleast 20,000 of those post with the name Kobe, chuckbe, 12be in it. THAT right there tells you all you need to knoe about that.

So again, trolls nor BSPN will change how the outside world views Kobe, and they damn sure can't change the facts that he's Top 7 All Time...Damn sure won't change my mind.

Default Re: Kobe Is Factually Top 7 All-Time

Imo Kobe could be ranked anywhere from 7th to 11th, but it's far from fact he's in the top 7

7th Lakers of all time.

Kobe is going win plenty of longevity type stats or accolades. Still I value peak/prime play more. Which other guys that usually get mentioned in the top 10 have a worse peak than Kobe? It's possibly Russell and that's it and Russell's defense cant be understated.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    7th Lakers of all time.
    Even Magic Johnson himself says that Kobe is the Greatest Laker of All Time ..Me personally with facts has him as the 2nd best Laker behind Kareem.

Kobe is factually retired.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Even Magic Johnson himself says that Kobe is the Greatest Laker of All Time ..Me personally with facts has him as the 2nd best Laker behind Kareem.
    Earvin Magic Johnson

@MagicJohnson

LeBron James should be on everybody's Mt. Rushmore...including mine!

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    Kobe is going win plenty of longevity type stats or accolades. Still I value peak/prime play more. Which other guys that usually get mentioned in the top 10 have a worse peak than Kobe? It's possibly Russell and that's it and Russell's defense cant be understated.
    When yiu view all time list ALL things are considered.. Which is why Kobe only having 1 mvp keeps him out of Top 3 for me...And you wanna talk peak..How many players can have a 35-5-5 season? I honestly don't remember 1 since Jordan.

I have never seen a player have 9 straight 40pt games...I haven't even witnessed a player with 4 straight 50pt games. I have never seen a player outscore a whole team through 3 quarters...Only Kobe...And we want him outside of the Top 10?? Yawl got jokes...Best scorer I seen since MJ left, and Iverson used to be my idol as a kid.

top 10 alongside duncan and shaq

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Earvin Magic Johnson

@MagicJohnson

LeBron James should be on everybody's Mt. Rushmore...including mine!
    Thats cool, show me where I'm dissin Bron...

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    When yiu view all time list ALL things are considered.. Which is why Kobe only having 1 mvp keeps him out of Top 3 for me...And you wanna talk peak..How many players can have a 35-5-5 season? I honestly don't remember 1 since Jordan.

I have never seen a player have 9 straight 40pt games...I haven't even witnessed a player with 4 straight 50pt games. I have never seen a player outscore a whole team through 3 quarters...Only Kobe...And we want him outside of the Top 10?? Yawl got jokes...Best scorer I seen since MJ left, and Iverson used to be my idol as a kid.
    35/5/5 isn't everything. Big scoring games isn't everything. Ofc efficiency is a thing(ik you Kobe fans don't care about that). MJ has a year he went 37/5/5 and tht's not even one of his top 5 seasons. Kobe took a scrub team to the playoffs but other guys like Wade and Tmac have done that too. Hell even someone like Carter has. I don't find that 35/5/5 season better than say Duncan 03 or even KG 04 even from last decade. You can be top 5 with 1 MVP. Shaq only has one MVP he has a case for top 5 partially because his peak might be even more dominant that MJ's.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    35/5/5 isn't everything. Big scoring games isn't everything. Ofc efficiency is a thing(ik you Kobe fans don't care about that). MJ has a year he went 37/5/5 and tht's not even one of his top 5 seasons. Kobe took a scrub team to the playoffs but other guys like Wade and Tmac have done that too. Hell even someone like Carter has. I don't find that 35/5/5 season better than say Duncan 03 or even KG 04 even from last decade. You can be top 5 with 1 MVP. Shaq only has one MVP he has a case for top 5 partially because his peak might be even more dominant that MJ's.
    This is just looking like valueing one thing more than another when you say big scoring games isn't as important as fg%...I mean the shots Kobe has taken over his career, shooting 45% is fine to me..Ray Allen is one of the greatest shooters ever and hus fg% isn't 50, so you can keep the Deandre Jordan Fg% titles to yaself, i could care less...Not saying fg% isn't important, but points is the most important parr of the game hands down.

I also wasn't saying 35-5-5 was his best season...I'm more of a fan of his 03' season when he avg 30-7-6 and was seen as a top 2 way player..This was before handchecking and with more up to date zone defense.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

The fact that only blind Kobe cack sucker would put him in the top 10 should speak volume about where he truly ranks.

Lebron doe. Universally recognized as Top 3 All Time.

What a time!

Kobe is top 5 lol

Kobe's Top 10.