Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Question Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???

Default Re: Is OKC a Complete team after this Draft ??

Should be fun. I can't wait to see what they look like come opening night.

Banned

Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.

Dunking on everybody in the park

You can't expect rookies to fit in right away. While some presence in the paint is better than none, what they can do remains to be seen.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
    Sorry I missed the draft, somebody knows who they drafted exactly? Names and positions.
    The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    They Drafted 3, 7 feet tall Centers and have a future 1st pick from the Hornets. Looking at their roster when they made the Playoffs, it was obvious they were lacking length as bynum and gasol were getting key Offensive rebounds. Does the picks in this draft answer their major concerns ???
    Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    The drafted Cole adrich, some guy they have to keep in Europe to develop. and i forgot the last guys name but he will be playing.. Cole Aldrich is ready to play in the NBA. They won't ask alot from him, just grab rebounds and clog the lane.
    pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    pleiss i think wil be in nba next season, usually guys who attend the drafts in 2n round comes over, barring buyout issues(which isnt the case here)
    That French guy they got Kevin something was there, but they said he'll probably stay in Europe.

Aldrich is a good fit. They don't need their bigs to do very much on the offensive end. Durant and Westbrook have that covered. They just need them to defend.

Quote Originally Posted by I am that I am
    Last I remember Ibaka was getting boards and swatting shots left and right over Bynum and Gasol
    and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.

I am your soldier!

Didn't OKC trade the rights to one of them away?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    and how did that turn out?

This does make them a complete team with Aldrich being a true C and guy who can protect the paint and board... but they aren't getting past the Lakers for at least a couple years. You can have guys who can board and protect the paint, but no matter who your big men are, Gasol and Bynum are taller, longer, and way more skilled than any other frontcourt you are going to play. You have to be able to defend one on one in the post against the Lakers and then make sure you box out and get the board.

OKC should be a 55 win team next year... I mean shit they have a very good PG, good developing SG in Harden, top 10 player in Durant, versatile player in Jeff Green, and Ibaka and Alrich now to crash the boards and protect the paint... Yes they look like they are going to be a very good team... but the key to winning in the NBA is having big men who can score... and they still won't have them. Ibaka has a chance cus he has a pretty nice jumper, but Aldrich will never be that guy.
    How did it turn out? Ibaka was a beast and put up career numbers and the young OKC team took the Lakers to 6, it turned out rather well I'd say

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

For OKC's and his own sake, I hope Pleiss is gonna get some minutes in their rotation, he's a very talented 7-foot center.. if things turn out the way they should be, you're gonna be very lucky with him.

They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.

i dont think they have or will develop anyone soon who can replace jeff green as the pf, so they are always gonna have a non rebounding/shotblocking 4. ibaka looked great last year at centre tho but is it enough?

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz
    They need still need a veteran Guard(SG) who can guard the likes of wade and kobe.

Shane Battier to OKC would be awesome.
    what? sefolosha will do. he doesn't have shooting touch, but he's good enough of a piece