Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Predict Pau's performance on the Bulls this season

I think Pau's gonna be more motivated this season and hopefully rejuvenated enough to take on a big part of the scoring load. I only have a couple of concerns: Thibs likes to run his players into the ground, and Pau could easily lose parts of the season if they ride him too hard. Also, I know that one of Pau's complaints about last season with the Lakers was that he didn't get to bang dudes in the post due to D'antoni's style of coaching, so I'm hoping that the Bulls will get him back to doing what he does best.

I think he'll average about 15/6, but I'm definitely hoping he can consistently score 20.

Default Re: Predict Pau's performance on the Bulls this season

15 points? Is it confirmed he's a starter?

Honestly I think we see a new, revived Pau for the first few months of the season, just super aggressive and assertive on both ends. But he may burn out around All Star break in Thibs system and Taj could get most of the playing time and even the starter role by mid to end season. What we really want to see is will Pau's championship experience help in the playoffs and I think it will. Bulls are Cleveland's biggest threat in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    That was my assumption, unless I'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    That was my assumption, unless I'm wrong?
    You usually are....

now that pau gasol are with marc gasol in same team the are gone have very much chemistry . marc gasol well push pau gasol to the limits . the are twin brother so the have very much chemistry and the well pus h each other to the max . with legendary player d-wade to push them to the 2000% . PAU GASOL are very good to the jumpballtip and marc gasol are even better . the are combination one of the best backcourts jumpballtip team that i have ever see . spolstra well couch them to train jumpballtip everyday for hours

Quote Originally Posted by Theoo
    now that pau gasol are with marc gasol in same team the are gone have very much chemistry . marc gasol well push pau gasol to the limits . the are twin brother so the have very much chemistry and the well pus h each other to the max . with legendary player d-wade to push them to the 2000% . PAU GASOL are very good to the jumpballtip and marc gasol are even better . the are combination one of the best backcourts jumpballtip team that i have ever see . spolstra well couch them to train jumpballtip everyday for hours
    Pau plays for the Bulls

Marc for the Grizzlies

Well last season he averaged 17.4 ppg/9.7 rpg and also added in 1.5 bpg all while shooting 48% from the field as the #1 option on the Lakers. However, this season on the Bulls he'll probably be the their 2nd scoring option behind Derrick Rose of course. I can see him putting up something like 14/8. His points will obviously go down because he'll get less touches. Also, there are more guys on the Bulls who can put the ball in the hoop compared to last season where really only Jodie Meeks and Nick Young were Lakers' best scorers other than Pau.

Pau plays for the Bulls

Marc for the Grizzlies

not in the drafts : http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...354577&page=17

I was going to say around 14/7

So we are close

You can't be serious.

He will be playing starter minutes regardless. We will need is offense and elite passing from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    Honestly I think we see a new, revived Pau for the first few months of the season, just super aggressive and assertive on both ends. But he may burn out around All Star break in Thibs system and Taj could get most of the playing time and even the starter role by mid to end season. What we really want to see is will Pau's championship experience help in the playoffs and I think it will. Bulls are Cleveland's biggest threat in the East.

Thibs played big minutes to players because;

1. they can Handle it

2. Play good defense in his system.

3. Lack of depth in a particular position

He now has 2 very good backup pf's to lean on. I highly doubt Gasol will play more than 35 minutes unless it is overtime.

I think we will find out by the end of the year, the only player playing big minutes will be Butler.

Thibs will be forced to use his bench. I don't think he's stupid enough to be playing Noah and Gasol over 35 minutes a game Consistently. Not with this depth.

J
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I think Pau's gonna be more motivated this season and hopefully rejuvenated enough to take on a big part of the scoring load. I only have a couple of concerns: Thibs likes to run his players into the ground, and Pau could easily lose parts of the season if they ride him too hard. Also, I know that one of Pau's complaints about last season with the Lakers was that he didn't get to bang dudes in the post due to D'antoni's style of coaching, so I'm hoping that the Bulls will get him back to doing what he does best.

I think he'll average about 15/6, but I'm definitely hoping he can consistently score 20.

Bulls will be sure to use lots of Gasol.

I'd say 20 a game is a stretch, but I think he's going to be around d 17-18 a GAME?

Bulls like to play a half court offense, if rose hasn't seen an opportunity to push the fast break. For that reason, I think the ball will get dumped into the post a lot which will give Gasol plenty of opportunity to do what he does best.

I can see Noah and Gasol orchestrating a lot of the offense from their passing to cutters and shooters finding space off screens.

Pau plays for the Bulls

Marc for the Grizzlies

don't you dare question Theoo

National High School Star Mrofir's Avatar

17-9, and a minimum of 6 playoff victories without Kobe