Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's Vertical Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    who's not acknowledging they are great?

they are both great.

Jordan is just much greater...

Jordan's superior dunking is just one area... there's another thread about how Lebron's plus-minus declines when playing alongside talent while Jordan's didnt.... there are tons of reasons... the stats... the Finals... you name it.

Also, we have all seen the picture of Jordan mouth-level with the rim, which is the same jumping peak that Lebron has, and since Jordan is two inches shorter, that means he jumps two inches higher.

Dude, I enlarged that pic and it proved you wrong.

Ok, Jordan is the superior dunker.

Now admit LeBron can jump higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Living Being
    I would like to see this.
    Look a few pages back, I drew a parallel line to the bottom of the backboard and a caption "Jordan's Mouth". The top of his head is clearly 2-3" below the rim.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal

200 imho.
    he looks like Lebron's dad in this pic

So we've pretty much brought the best gifs/pics out for both LeBron and Jordan, and people still won't admit LeBron can jump higher/further and with more power?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    So we've pretty much brought the best gifs/pics out for both LeBron and Jordan, and people still won't admit LeBron can jump higher/further and with more power?
    Off of one leg he has an argument, but off of two legs in any form (gather step, hop step etc.) it's not even close. Like, Lebron may be a 5% better leaper than MJ off one foot, but MJ is 25-30% better in those other areas of leaping.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    No, Jordan did of course finish with layups many times off a two-foot gather, but when he did it was layups which Lebron can't even dream of, like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnxRHWOIuk8#t=1m15s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsMLK3iABsY#t=0m51s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3SnQXh50ew&hd=1

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    lol u are so delusional

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    How many times do we have to go over this before you understand?

Lebron is a far worse leaper off two feet, so how can he be a better leaper than Jordan?

And while Jordan is a far superior leaper off two feet, he is also equal to Lebron off one foot, so that makes him a better leaper overall.

From now on, just say "Lebron is a great leaper off one leg."... This is the only statement that is accurate.
    Last edited by 3ball; 10-02-2014 at 01:33 AM.

How many times do we have to go over this before you understand?

Lebron is a poor leaper off two feet in comparison to Jordan, while Jordan equals Lebron off one leg, so that makes Jordan the better leaper overall.

So stop saying Lebron is a better leaper - he sucks leaping off two legs compared to Jordan, so that kills your assertion right there.

From now on, just say "Lebron is a great leaper off one leg."... This is the only statement that is accurate.
    And where exactly is the proof for this? We've seen legit pictures/videos of Lebron getting his head ABOVE rim level.

Show us one of MJ. Just one clear-cut, indisputable picture of MJ getting his head clearly over the rim, like mouth at rim level. None of the weird, misleading angles. Something like this, where it's 100% clear:

[COLOR="White"]Now let's wait for you to spam the same pictures and gifs that I was talking about earlier.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    And where exactly is the proof for this? We've seen legit pictures/videos of Lebron getting his head ABOVE rim level.

Show us one of MJ. Just one clear-cut, indisputable picture of MJ getting his head clearly over the rim, like mouth at rim level. None of the weird, misleading angles. Something like this, where it's 100% clear:

[COLOR="White"]Now let's wait for you to spam the same pictures and gifs that I was talking about earlier.[/COLOR]
    3ball, the man with a million gifs "conveniently" can't provide anything regarding this

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Lebron - No Elite Ability Off Two Legs:

Last edited by 3ball; 02-12-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Good High School Starter

Aren't verticals measured from a stand still jump off of two feet? At least that's how it was when I was in high school

You want me to get a picture of Jordan like the one above, but those in-game angles didn't exist in Jordan's day.

All we have is the picture of Jordan mouth-level with the rim (you claim it is distorted, whereas I think that to anyone not blind, the picture shows Jordan's head well above the rim).

But regardless of that picture, there is another way to measure the one-foot leaping ability of Jordan and Lebron - compare DISTANCE - how far they took off from... We have numerous instances of Jordan dunking from the free-throw line off one leg, WHICH EQUALS THE BEST LEBRON HAS EVER DONE, only Jordan has done it numerous times, both in games and in dunk competitions.

So again, Jordan equals Lebron at leaping off one leg (whether we measure by distance or height), but is far superior off two legs, which makes him the better leaper overall, which would explain why he is able to dunk over and through guys so much more often.
    He is not mouth level in that....there's a million dunk pictures at that angle that look similar and are not mouth level..............your desperation and blatant disregard of the facts is almost pitiful.

I'll disprove your stupidity right now 3ball:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3qMJCS4Xck&t=3m45s

Jordan looks rim level there right? Well look at the replay at 3:55....angles can play a lot of tricks.

NBA sixth man of the year

305 replies about ****ing verticals......GOD this forum is horrible most of the time.....First time I've even clicked on this thread....Who gives a shit anyway.......