Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Leaked Love Trade Details

If true it is a good deal for Minnesota considering the circumstances...

But for those who would make fun of Cleveland over "what they lost", the big picture of this trade for the NBA is simple:

- prior to this trade, Cleveland was a future contender. After this trade, Cleveland is a win-now contender, with enough firepower for a Finals run as early as next year, and the potential new big dynasty.

- prior to this trade, Minnesota was mediocre and headed nowhere. After this trade, Minnesota will be awful and possibly still headed nowhere, but for the first time in years, will also have a decent shot at becoming relevant again.

I don't get it.

Usually, in a "3-team deal" each team gives up an asset(s) and receives an asset(s) in return.

Minnesota fans think Philly is giving up their best player and literally receiving nothing in return? Wtf am I missing here? Someone explain.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice
    If true it is a good deal for Minnesota considering the circumstances...

But for those who would make fun of Cleveland over "what they lost", the big picture of this trade for the NBA is simple:

- prior to this trade, Cleveland was a future contender. After this trade, Cleveland is a win-now contender, with enough firepower for a Finals run as early as next year, and the potential new big dynasty.

- prior to this trade, Minnesota was mediocre and headed nowhere. After this trade, Minnesota will be awful and possibly still headed nowhere, but for the first time in years, will also have a decent shot at becoming relevant again.

So both teams
    ...still waiting to hear what Philly gets out of this.

Love Live Life

I'm confused. Why is Philly doing this? Do they want do tank forever?

This can't be real

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    I don't get it.

Usually, in a "3-team deal" each team gives up an asset(s) and receives an asset(s) in return.

Minnesota fans think Philly is giving up their best player and literally receiving nothing in return? Wtf am I missing here? Someone explain.
    I guess the idea is that the Sixers save money, since Shved + LRMAM makes less than Young, and they both only have one year left on their contract. Also Philly would get a 1st round pick from the Cavs.

I still think it would make more sense if Bennett goes to the Sixers, but I guess crazier things have happened.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Philly couldn't get something better for Young than a presumably late 1st and two expirers?

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I guess the idea is that the Sixers save money, since Shved + LRMAM makes less than Young, and they both only have one year left on their contract. Also Philly would get a 1st round pick from the Cavs.

I still think it would make more sense if Bennett goes to the Sixers, but I guess crazier things have happened.
    I thought this was reported a few weeks back