High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

Default Interesting blog post on trade history and dynamics

http://statofmind.wordpress.com/2014...-of-nba-teams/
    I found this post while I was trying to find information on historical NBA agreements.

The guy did a nice job calculating the data (you can see the source code in his github account). I found the 3rd and 4th charts very informative (Boston having the best and the worst win/share trades for example).

Quote:
    We can see that the three currently active teams with the highest mean win share per trade are the LA Lakers, Dallas Mavericks and LA Clippers. In terms of win shares, the three greatest trade ever completed were:

[LIST][*]June 9, 1980: the Boston Celtics traded a 1980 1st round draft pick (used to select Rickey Brown) and a 1980 1st round draft pick (used to select Joe Barry Carroll) to the Golden State Warriors for Robert Parish and a 1980 1st round draft pick (used to select Kevin McHale).[*] June 24, 1998: the Dallas Mavericks traded Robert ‘Tractor’ Traylor to the Milwaukee Bucks for Pat Garrity and Dirk Nowitzki (!)[*] July 11, 1996: the Charlotte Hornets traded Kobe Bryant to the Los Angeles Lakers for Vlade Divac.[/LIST]
    Last edited by moaz; 08-21-2014 at 12:11 PM.