Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Myth Exposed: ALL of the expansion players were already NBA players

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

The talent is obviously more spread out evenly now that the expansion teams are established, you dimwit.
    In Charlotte's first year, they won 20 games in 1989 using NBA players - specifically, how is that different from a team nowadays winning 20 games using NBA players?.. Both teams are winning 20 games using 15 of the top 450 players in the world.. There's no difference..

Btw, I'm quite certain that Charlotte in 1989 was better than Charlotte in 2012.

Also, I don't think that teams who get 7 wins or 12 wins in today's game would think the talent is evenly spread out - various established teams in today's game have lower win totals than first-year expansion teams.. That's just the way the world works - there are ALWAYS bottom-feeders who are left with the scraps.

A team that wins 12 games today using NBA players is no different from a team that wins 12 games using NBA players back then.. For you to act like there's a difference is dumb and/or biased.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    In Charlotte's first year, they won 20 games in 1989 using NBA players - specifically, how is that different from a team nowadays winning 20 games using NBA players?.. Both teams are winning 20 games using 15 of the top 450 players in the world.. There's no difference..

Btw, I'm quite certain that Charlotte in 1989 was better than Charlotte in 2012.

Also, I don't think that teams who get 7 wins or 12 wins in today's game would think the talent is evenly spread out - various established teams in today's game have lower win totals than first-year expansion teams.. That's just the way the world works - there are ALWAYS bottom-feeders who are left with the scraps.

A team that wins 12 games today using NBA players is no different from a team that wins 12 games using NBA players back then.. For you to act like there's a difference is dumb and/or biased.
    There's not enough 'smh'es in the world for you.

Yeah...Pippen was one of the greatest defensive players of all time, a guy who put his body on the line taking charges from a mack truck like Karl Malone...is a bitch.
    What a pathetic defense of your supposed "favorite player".. In the 1989 ECF against the Bad Boys, Pippen disappeared and averaged 10/7 on 40% - he gave zero help for MJ... But that's your favorite player...

Then he disappeared again in the 1990 ECF with 2 points on 1-10 in Game 7, which cost the Bulls the NBA championship (since they would've beaten Blazers in Finals, given they took Pistons 7 and Blazers lost in 6).

Then he had one of the greatest chokes and meltdowns of all time when he refused to enter the game on the last possession in Game 3 of 1994 second round - fortunately, Kukoc hit the walk-off to prevent the Knicks from going up 3-0 and sweeping...

Of course, there's the 1996 Finals - THE worst performance by a 2nd option ever - 15 ppg on 34% shooting... ugh... He duplicated this performance in the 1998 Finals... For Pippen's entire career, he let MJ take every big shot - he never hit a big shot in his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
    There's not enough 'smh'es in the world for you.
    smh all you want, whatever that means...

Just make sure you never call the 90's watered down again - I have disproved it - after expansion, there were 450 NBA players, just like today... No difference... Now carry on..

The talent is obviously more spread out evenly now that the expansion teams are established, you dimwit.
    Let me see if i understand this, you are trying to say that a league with 30 teams was watered down compared to a league with 30 teams. You're a ****ing genius.

Teams are established today? At what? tanking?

It' because of idiots like you that 3ball exist.

The bulls fed on and propped up their record on a lot of them. This can't be disputed.
    The only thing that can't be disputed is your stupidity and ignorance. Bulls fed on weaker teams? no shit sherlock.

What you'r opinion on Lebron feeding on the historically weak eastern conference for all his career and the absolute trash southeast division was when he was on the Heat?

I'm not a new fan, playboy. Scottie Pippen is my favorite player of all time...why would I want to bash the bulls for no reason?

You bringing up that they were already NBA players means nothing.
    Btw, Smoke - the Bulls 3-peated from 1991-1993 when there was only 27 teams, less than today's 30 teams - so are you going to give them CREDIT for 3-peating in a less-diluted league?

As you can see, your misperception of expansion actually HELPS Jordan... Thanks for making me realize this - you've strengthened all my arguments... Good-lookin out boss..

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

When 3ball provides hard evidence and some people still refuse to listen.

NBA lottery pick

From Wiki:

[COLOR="blue"]In an NBA expansion draft, new NBA teams are allowed to acquire players from the previously established teams in the league.[/COLOR] Not all players on a given team are available during an expansion draft, since each team can protect a certain number of players from being selected. [COLOR="blue"]In the 1988 expansion draft, each of the twenty-three other NBA teams protected eight players from their roster and the Timberwolves and the Magic selected eleven and twelve unprotected players respectively, one from each team.[/COLOR]

Here are all of the players selected in the 1988, 1989, and 1995 expansion drafts - virtually ALL players were already NBA players:

1988: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_NBA_Expansion_Draft
    1989: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988_NBA_Expansion_Draft
    1995: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_NBA_Expansion_Draft

One of the last remaining myths of new fans... DESTROYED...
    Me thinks you don't know how expansion waters down the game....like really this might be the dumbest post ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

3ball is literally sitting here bringing up 1989 like that means something...

I also love how you haters always bring up the 94 playoff incident. Only a hater would define one of the most unselfish careers a star has ever had by one bone headed selfish mistake. People come here saying 3ball knows what he's talking about and maybe he does when it involves Jordan, but if it doesn't, he's a complete ****ing imbecile. This thread is destroying my brain cells, so I bid it adieu.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-25-2015 at 09:31 PM.

NBA lottery pick

He's basically trying to dispute the common knowledge that the talent was watered down (it was) during the Bulls 2nd three peat. This thread only has one purpose...which is the same purpose of all his threads: to prop up Jordie.
    Should we explain to the players who were "drafted" had to be replaced or is that too complex for him to get? Or that new teams were added to the draft reducing talent moving in to replace retired players? That might be long division kinda hard though....?

NBA lottery pick

Btw, Smoke - the Bulls 3-peated from 1991-1993 when there was only 27 teams, less than today's 30 teams - so are you going to give them CREDIT for 3-peating in a less-diluted league?

As you can see, your misperception of expansion actually HELPS Jordan... Thanks for making me realize this - you've strengthened all my arguments... Good-lookin out boss..
    Except the league had JUST added two new teams 2-3 years before that....

NBA Superstar

smh all you want, whatever that means...

Just make sure you never call the 90's watered down again - I have disproved it - after expansion, there were 450 NBA players, just like today... No difference... Now carry on..
    You're so offended...even though I never said anything close to that

I wonder what kind of life you lead if this is your game.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/3rgXBzbbM4NmbgvMre" width="480" height="257" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/sbnation-3rgXBzbbM4NmbgvMre">via GIPHY</a></p>

So a league with 450 NBA players is softer than a league with 450 NBA players just because...
    It's because guys who were getting 0 minutes suddenly gets 30 minutes.

Not to mention teams draw from a much larger talent pool now. Where did all those replacements for the draft come from?