Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Default Marreese Speights will be the best big man to come from the '08 draft class

Better than Brook Lopez.
    Better than Kevin Love.
    Better than Michael Beasley (if you consider him a big).
    Better than Thompson, McGee, Hickson, and Koufos.

If you believe in PER, Speights is first among rookies (and by a large margin). He is 2nd in dunks among rookies with 44 (first is Brook Lopez with 58, who has also played 3 more games and averages 13 mpg more). He has one of the sweetest mid-range jumpers for a big man in the game, not just a rookie, but in the game.

Season averages...

16.0 mpg
    8.2 ppg
    4.0 rpg
    .9 bpg
    .45 spg
    52 fg%
    25 3fg% (1-4)
    77% FT (47-61)

January averages (10 games)...

20.1 mpg
    10.2 ppg
    5.4 rpg
    1.4 bpg
    .4 spg
    56.2 FG%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CojEs7txPI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PbS8H6vtk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOfFDPp00E
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFbQdBN4G-0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdFswSQY9q0

Dasher stated in another thread he would take Speights over any player in this draft, regardless of position. I won't go that far. But big men? Definately.

Remember, Greg Oden and Marc Gasol were both drafted in '07.
    Last edited by Posterize246; 01-22-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Marreese Speights will be the best big man to come from the '08 draft class

Hey tell me about it. I wanted Indy to take him at 11 but NOOOO, let's trade for an outside shooting/defensive role player because Speights doesn't play 25 feet from the hoop at 6'10 so he doesn't fit the offense.

Grumble grumble grumble.

Crazed nutcase. If my posts anger you, don't respond or read me Poodle Bark's Avatar

Default Re: Marreese Speights will be the best big man to come from the '08 draft class

C'mon, dude. JJ Hickson has a higher ceiling than this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Bark

C'mon, dude. JJ Hickson has a higher ceiling than this guy.
    Don't take me too seriously.
    Ok.

LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Shut up Poodle Bark you piece of **** die in a fire.

seriously though, Speights is a baller. Lopez looks beasty though.

Crazed nutcase. If my posts anger you, don't respond or read me Poodle Bark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Ok.
    What's so funny, clown?

How you post a thread about Marreese Speights and act indioffrent when I tell you another player has more talent than him??

Who is Marreese Speights??

Exactly.

I could definitely see him under Brand's wing for the next 1-3 years then coming into his own. He's been impressive with his limited minutes this season. I'm kind of glad he's not getting starter minutes right now though. Sometimes giving a player 1-2 years to get to know himself compared to everyone else helps you, especially if you work on it during the off-season.

Banned

Marc Gasol is the true beast, Lopez puts up stats yes, on a team where his teammates actually pass him the ball, but he is softer than a marshmellow coated shitzu puppy, and Speights lol what the hell his this he ain't even better than JeVale let alone Marc Gasol

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Bark
    What's so funny, clown?

How you post a thread about Marreese Speights and act indioffrent when I tell you another player has more talent than him??

Who is Marreese Speights??

Exactly.
    I'm sorry, you said something troll? Ignore.

NBA Finals

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    Marc Gasol is the true beast, Lopez puts up stats yes, on a team where his teammates actually pass him the ball, but he is softer than a marshmellow coated shitzu puppy, and Speights lol what the hell his this he ain't even better than JeVale let alone Marc Gasol
    i had a feeling you would arrive soon

Let the showdown begin

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I could definitely see him under Brand's wing for the next 1-3 years then coming into his own. He's been impressive with his limited minutes this season. I'm kind of glad he's not getting starter minutes right now though. Sometimes giving a player 1-2 years to get to know himself compared to everyone else helps you, especially if you work on it during the off-season.
    Playing behind Brand will only help. Just hope we trade Dalembert before he picks up any of his tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmarcgasol
    This could be a valid argument....if Gasol was in this draft class.

I said the '08 draft class, not necessarily just rookies.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Yeah, this kid is quite good. I agree, but Brook is decent too. Interested to see how both these guys pan out.

Also, KB is a jackass

Banned

Let's just agree Marreese Speights and Brook Lopez would come no where near to winning the ACB league MVP if they were in Spain, and leave it at that.

Brook Lopez is wayy bettter thyan Speights
    Lopez the last 3 games according to nba.com
    28pts 10 rebs
    17 ps 6 rebs 2 blks
    13pts 8 rebs 5 blks

Also Brook has already had a 31 point game.

cmon now