Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What teams could use Stephen Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Glo41
    He seems to have matured quite a bit this year and I would love to have him on the Mavs. Josh Howard for Jax and Morrow
    no way if iam the warriors i do that we get some guy putting up career lows for the heart of the warriors in jackson and marrow one of the best 3pt shooters in the league this season and may have a bright future no way

besides no way warriors trade jackson

still though lets say they do
    Cavs+Jackson=Championship

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    Good defender? Since when?
    Obviously you didn't watch the Warriors @ Hornets game last night. Jackson defended the bigger David West and was causing West all kinds of problems.

Stephen Jackson is a guy with a good jumper but horrible basketball IQ so I guess that means he would fit perfectly with the Mavericks or Knicks.
    Okay you definitely haven't watched Jackson at all this season. If anything his jumper is horrible this season. He's shooting 39% from the field and 32% from the three. But he's dishing out a career high 6.0 assist per game (second only to LeBron James at SF (even though he's been playing PF lately)) while getting 5.0 rebounds per game and 1.5 steals per game.

Its obvious a whole bunch of people don't watch Warriors games on this thread. Steve Jack a good defender??? I don't know how many times this season he lets people walk right by him to the hoop.

Yeah, like being tough. How is this guy tough? Cuz he has thuggish tattoos all over his body? LeBron is tough, Dwayne Wade is tough, Jason Kidd is tough, Allen Iverson is tough...but Stephen Jackson? Really?

yea those shoulder injuries take a toll on the legs.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    San Antonio Spurs if they some how acquired him they have an excellent chance at the championship.
    we already had him once and got rid of him. our front office doesnt allow chuckers

I can't see Jack fitting on any other team than Golden State anymore.

He's got a coach who's a huge fan of his and he's probably used to the being "the man" or at least a second option with a lot of the offense going through him or for him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Obviously you didn't watch the Warriors @ Hornets game last night. Jackson defended the bigger David West and was causing West all kinds of problems.

Okay you definitely haven't watched Jackson at all this season. If anything his jumper is horrible this season. He's shooting 39% from the field and 32% from the three. But he's dishing out a career high 6.0 assist per game (second only to LeBron James at SF (even though he's been playing PF lately)) while getting 5.0 rebounds per game and 1.5 steals per game.
    Just because a player is having a down year doesn't mean those skills he had wern't great anymore.

Part of those low percentages are due to the stupid shots he takes and how often he forces shots.

Six assists in the Golden State offense while being the primary ball handler while Monta Ellis was out shouldn't be hard to do at all especially with Jamaal Crawford, Corey Maggette, Anthony Morrow, Marco Bellineli and Kelenna Azu around you.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

yea those shoulder injuries take a toll on the legs.
    Do you watch D-Wade play or are you just trying to argue?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    hornets or jazz, teams that dont have good swing man
    There is no way that Utah EVER signs a bad citizen like Jackson.

Good defender? Since when?

Tough? I never seen Stephen Jackson play tough...

Stephen Jackson is a guy with a good jumper but horrible basketball IQ so I guess that means he would fit perfectly with the Mavericks or Knicks.
    Defending Ron Artest

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Only because he is compared to the rest of his team. Jackson's D is overrated and he is a dumbass chucker on offense. Oh oh but wait, he has those ever-awesome "intangibles" that people like to throw around.

greatest post ever!!!

Jackson is sooooo f*cking bad, just watch him night in night out he is so bad I dont know where these people say he is a good defender.

Problems wrong with Stephen Jackson
    1. He never mans up on a defender he plays matador defense only going for steals

2. He shoots so many threes and his stupid azz thinks he is good when he shoots 31% from 3.

3. He is the Warriors worst shooter at under 40% and guess what he has taken over 100 more shots then the next player.

4. He never, ever tries if he misses a shot he will either yell at the ref and not hustle back. Or he will miss the shot and then do a purpose foul so that he doesnt have to hustle back and play defense.

5. He never moves on offense he stands along the three point line and waits for a pass so he can shoot, yes other Warriors will cut, post up, and actually move while Jackson will stand in the corner and wait for the ball.

I would like it if he was gone, it will be another teams problem. Not to mention that he is probably the worst rebounding SF, leads the NBA in turnovers, is out matched by every SF or even SG in the NBA.

Take him off the Warriors please.

Banned

Actually, trade him and Ronny Turiaf for Odom.

I usually hit open layups -Lincolnite-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Actually, trade him and Ronny Turiaf for Odom.
    I don't want anything to do with Stephen Jackson. He's fallen into some bad habits in Golden State and I don't want him chucking contested 3's in LA. His contract isn't easy to swallow either.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Lakers give up Odom, Walton for Turiaf and Steven jackson.

Jackson and Turiaf both come off the bench for the lakers.
    I would prefer to start Ariza Fish, Kobe , pau and Bynum.
    With Farmer, Jackson, and Turiaf playing major minutes, and Radmonovich getting spot minutes. Basically an 8 man rotation in the playoffs though.
    Turiaf makes them tougher, and Jackson can be the perfect 6th man.
    With Bynum, Pau and Turiaf, they shouldn't get bullied again by big physical teams like the celts. Jackson is as creative if not more than Odom.
    Get it done.

Obviously most of you have not watched many warriors games i have watched pretty much all of them this year i missed about 2 or 3 this year and even if i miss them live i have my dvr recorded so that i can watch how certain players play so i can evaluate

Stephen Jackson doesnt play D?i dont want to sound like a homer but he plays excellent D,yes it is true that if he gets pissed and doesnt get a foul he will not run back and play D instead he complains to the ref but when he has a tough assignment he will man down and play great D for example he gaurded lebron yes lebron put up good numbers but thats beacuse lebron go back and watch it and see how many contested shots he had on lebron and in the second half jackson pretty much contained him lebron his number look great but look at his percentage he whent 10 for 24

he also played good D on Kevin Durant i cant remember his feild goal%
    and in the hornets game he was gaurding half the team west,paul and no he didnt just defended them he also played good D on them

please before you start talking crap about jackson D inform yourself his D is one reason the spurs won a championship he also made clutch 3's but thats a different story i cant defend his chucking