Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Roy Hibbert Hate Thread...

Thread was long overdue...Here you guys go...You can dream about Roy all you want in one thread instead of making multiple threads daily to hate on one guy...

Lets constantly hate on one guy for what he doesn't do well instead of focusing on what he does do well for a lumbering 7'2 guy has improved 10 fold since college, like cover for EVERYONE on defense which constantly leaves him out of position for defensive rebounds but dont let the logic get to you too much....This is why he's so much better on the offensive boards than defensive...Lets see, he can hit the jumpshot consistently out to 18 feet. Good free throw shooter unlike most guys his size...Good passer...Shoot hooks with either hand...decent footwork for a big, lumbering dude with a weak lower body...Great timing, affects all shots...Such a good rim defender he has haters crying about "verticality" everytime somebody attempts a shot at the rim...

#1 Reason the Pacers have a "statisically" historically great defense this year. You even have people taking credit away from PG's defense because he has Roy behind him and in the same breath call Roy garbage. Great in the community, great attitude, great teammate..Always backing up teammates, always encouraging teammates. But ish hates him because they hate Miami and Lebron so much that they only notice or even watch when he plays them and acts like he hasn't done anything against any other team in the history of the league besides Miami.

For the record Roy, you're not perfect...I hate the fact that you fall all the time but then I realize your lower body is very weak and you are very tall and lumbering...the bigger they are, the harder they fall...Also, you make me sick when don't get the ball high and you bring it down so smaller players can get their hands on the ball...I also don't like the fact that you get pushed off the block so far but again, you're not the strongest guy...Also, stop starting 0-2 and forcing PG and Lance to start shot jacking and taking you out of the game Also, would it hurt to grab a couple more rebounds per game?

See, I can be objective but then again, I'm also a grown up..

Welcome to ish, where if you aren't prime Shaq you suck....According to ish, Brook Lopez and Lebron are in the same class the way folks hate on Lebron and Durant on here...Roy's nowhere near the class and receives almost the same amount of hate on Ish...Hey Roy, how do you feel about that?

Banned

Default Re: Roy Hibbert Hate Thread...

Funny that you mention Brook. Hibbert is an even worse on the boards.

Didn't read, but,

the guy averages 11/7 on 46%? Pathetic. Much overrated.

Why's he such a weak rebounder? No mobility, slow feet, bad center of gravity...

Good college starter

Didn't read. But the only reason he's any good is because the league allows him to blatantly foul players on defense.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Thread was long overdue...Here you guys go...You can dream about Roy all you want in one thread instead of making multiple threads daily to hate on one guy...

Lets constantly hate on one guy for what he doesn't do well instead of focusing on what he does do well for a lumbering 7'2 guy has improved 10 fold since college, like cover for EVERYONE on defense which constantly leaves him out of position for defensive rebounds but dont let the logic get to you too much....This is why he's so much better on the offensive boards than defensive...Lets see, he can hit the jumpshot consistently out to 18 feet. Good free throw shooter unlike most guys his size...Good passer...Shoot hooks with either hand...decent footwork for a big, lumbering dude with a weak lower body...Great timing, affects all shots...Such a good rim defender he has haters crying about "verticality" everytime somebody attempts a shot at the rim...

#1 Reason the Pacers have a "statisically" historically great defense this year. You even have people taking credit away from PG's defense because he has Roy behind him and in the same breath call Roy garbage. Great in the community, great attitude, great teammate..Always backing up teammates, always encouraging teammates. But ish hates him because they hate Miami and Lebron so much that they only notice or even watch when he plays them and acts like he hasn't done anything against any other team in the history of the league besides Miami.

For the record Roy, you're not perfect...I hate the fact that you fall all the time but then I realize your lower body is very weak and you are very tall and lumbering...the bigger they are, the harder they fall...Also, you make me sick when don't get the ball high and you bring it down so smaller players can get their hands on the ball...I also don't like the fact that you get pushed off the block so far but again, you're not the strongest guy...Also, stop starting 0-2 and forcing PG and Lance to start shot jacking and taking you out of the game Also, would it hurt to grab a couple more rebounds per game?

Welcome to ish, where if you aren't prime Shaq you suck....According to ish, Brook Lopez and Lebron are in the same class the way folks hate on Lebron and Durant on here...Roy's nowhere near the class and receives almost the same amount of hate on Ish...Hey Roy, how do you feel about that?

Yea okay

Quote Originally Posted by Dro

Allow me to start.

Garbage Offense:

11 points per game on .458 % shooting.

This is some of the the worst offensive production from any big man in the NBA. Absolutely deplorable for a 7'2 center. Roy Hibbert sympathizers will make excuses and say it is because of his team mates chucking, but the truth is that is not the case. His teammates chuck becuase he sucks. He doesnt have the energy or the offensive capability to score on anyone but the Heat. Which make average centers (Roy Hibbert) into Gods.

Did you see that pitiful performance he gave on Udonis Haslem a few games ago? That is the reason he doesnt get the ball. He ****ing sucks. Haslem is a good 6 inches shorter than Hibbert. Maybe more. Haslem is by no means a good post defender.

Overrated Defense:
    Roy Hibbert has long arms which makes him a good shot blocker and contester, but most of the time he is simply ineffective at taking advantage of it. The Pacers team defense is far more important than Hibbert. Paul George is a good one on one defender and David West is an absolute beast at defending the screens. Notice they also excel in three point defense.

Roy Hibbert was overrated because the refs allowed him to foul and not get called for it. His vertaclity is rarely vertical or on time.

Vs the Heat here are three times Lebron attacked Hibbert

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=BG2hsiZiQh4

Lebron scores despite Hibbert moving to reach him. Any other play this would have been an and one.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=UUIm7r6WPFw

Obvious offense foul on Lebron. However Hibbert the 7'2 giant is holding his face even though he got hit near the mouth area and then when they try to bring him up he flops to the ground and flops to sell it. He later passes the concussion test, (He was hit in the mouth and his tongue was cut) so probably didnt need it.

Side Point: Roy Hibbert is a flopper and falls down for no reason on multile occasion. Disgusting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB3Oer8Yy4Y
    280 pounds

3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NiUBs_K5gew

Hibbert is late. In the restricted area. And not straight up. Obvious foul is obvious, but the refs let it go. Bad defense gets rewarded because of a reputation.

Al Jefferson destroying Roy Hibbert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpJ1bpOJ9Qg

Rebounding:

Hibbert is a terrible rebounder. There is no way around it. His only rebounding ability is his size. He isnt mobile, a high jumper, or have a good feel for the bounce. I'll concede he helps alot of dense and is out of position, but that excuse isnt given to any other center who does the same.

Energy

Hibbert has asthma, or something of that nature and cant play for long periods of time. So not only does he not give 100% effort, he isnt in the game for long stretches. This is more a physical limitation so I wont hate on him for that, but it brings me to my conclusion..

Conclusion
    Roy Hibbert is an overrated ref created scrub of a 7'2 big man that is definitely overpaid and unworthy of an all star slot or all NBA team.
    List of centers better than Roy Hibbert:
    Dwight
    Noah
    AL Jefferson

Imagine Al Jefferson if he had the ref created Hibbert defense. Oh my god....

I'm not a hater. I'm just pointing out the fact that it's embarrassing for a defensive minded 7'2'' big man to grab 4-5 rebounds per game(30+ MPG) on a constant basis. An All-Star doesn't play that way! Period.

I've been saying this for years now. ROY HIBBERT IS NOTHING MORE THAN LUC LONGLEY.

Same type of players. Same style. Nifty around the basket, nice FT shooters, excellent jump shots. Hibbert is the better shotblocker, Longley is a better man defender.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Hibbert is only good against the Heat. That's when he comes alive. It's like Jason Terry or JJ Barea

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Maybe Hibbert is that kind of guy that doesn't care about his stats and helps the team by boxing out, rather than going after the board.
    Or maybe, you're just not watching the games.

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Hibbert is only good against the Heat. That's when he comes alive. It's like Jason Terry or JJ Barea
    Did you not see what Haslem did to Hibbert the other night?

Im beginning to dislike Dro.

Pathetic how you make a thread because other people are saying Hibbert sucks. Well yeah... im pretty sure he does. 7 rpg for 7'2 guy is sad. You get mad when we say Paul George is a chucker or when we say Hibbert is overrated. You should realize every player gets hated on at some point. No need to act like your guys dont deserve some criticism

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Im beginning to dislike Dro.

Pathetic how you make a thread because other people are saying Hibbert sucks. Well yeah... im pretty sure he does. 7 rpg for 7'2 guy is sad. You get mad when we say Paul George is a chucker or when we say Hibbert is overrated. You should realize every player gets hated on at some point. No need to act like your guys dont deserve some criticism
    This is hilarious coming from a Rockets fan, from the most unnecessarily and undeservedly arrogant fan base in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    This is hilarious coming from a Rockets fan, from the most unnecessarily and undeservedly arrogant fan base in the NBA.
    Thats not true. It might seem like it because we got a few trolls but other than that I think we're respectable.

And fyi, im not a homer. If i was a homer i would say Harden isnt a flopper. I'd say dwight is a top 5 player... but I dont, because im a not a homer.