Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

In other news involving NBA big men, a source said Wednesday that Minnesota continues to pursue a possible trade for Lakers forward Pau Gasol, dangling rookie Derrick Williams, who is from the Los Angeles area, and draft choices. The only players considered untouchable by the Timberwolves, who are seeking to add a veteran by the trade deadline, are Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves believe it could be enticing for Gasol to play on the same team as fellow Spaniard Rubio.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/M...s-trade-021512

I doubt they do this. They need a PG, not a rookie SF/PF tweener.

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

I agree. Derrick Williams is also 11 years younger than Gasol. IF I am the Wolves Gm I only trade him for a lottery pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

Won't happen.

Derrick Williams?
    Last edited by thatoneblackguy; 02-15-2012 at 11:27 PM.

Do not want

The Wolves need to keep whatever draft choices available for scorer.

Ridnour/Beasley/Williams/Pick for Gasol

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Williams will be a quality player. I'm torn. I know Beasley won't work with Adelman, so we might as well try to deal him for Gasol. I like Beasley. I know he will be a star most likely on another team that knows how to handle him.

oh no pau's gonna fade into a pu$$y again after hearing hes in trade rumors

Certified ISHiot.

Please no T-Wolves. Pekovic is the sh!t.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

If true, a good deal for LA. Maybe they're a little worse this year but they get more athletic and they have a good starting PF or SF for a decade-plus. Makes no sense for Minny though, Gasol is a short-term center fix but better at PF where they already have Love.

STERN will make it happy

NBA lottery pick

....and to match the 17 million of Gasol

3-time NBA All-Star

They could use this in a potential deal for Howard. Maybe something like Gasol to Minny, Howard+Hedo+Nelson to LA, and Bynum+Williams+Beasley to Orlando. Plus any filler for to make the salaries match.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    If true, a good deal for LA. Maybe they're a little worse this year but they get more athletic and they have a good starting PF or SF for a decade-plus. Makes no sense for Minny though, Gasol is a short-term center fix but better at PF where they already have Love.
    how the fcuk is it a good deal when the lakers are trying to win something with few years left on kobe's body?