Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What does clutch mean to you?

What does clutch mean to me? I could tell you but as they say, a picture is worth more than a thousand words:

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    What does clutch mean to me? I could tell you but as they say, a picture is worth more than a thousand words:
    Yeah that offensive foul was ****ing CLUTCH bro

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    ... if it goes in.
    See to me that's not clutch. Even if it goes in. It's a bad shot. The moment made you get so hype that you took a bad shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek

So then shooting is the only thing you can relate clutch to?

A couple nights ago Orlando was playing Utah was playing and it was a close game. Victor Oladipo hits an awesome stepback, but Trey Burke gets an open 3 on the other end to win the game. On the Ballstreams chat a couple of us both declared that both players were anti-Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    A couple nights ago Orlando was playing Utah was playing and it was a close game. Victor Oladipo hits an awesome stepback, but Trey Burke gets an open 3 on the other end to win the game. On the Ballstreams chat a couple of us both declared that both players were anti-Kobe.
    smart kid. you have a bright future ahead of you

being clutch is not only making the decision to do something, but executing it flawlessly with no time remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Making the right play in key moments. I dont define "clutch" as something you do in the final seconds of a game.
    This.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    If I go down and out my team up by one with 5 seconds left on the clock then that's clutch. If you go down and score and your team wins, my shot was still clutch.

A clutch pass is putting it right on the money. Those last second passes by Rondo in years past should show you. If he wasn't clutch, those passes wouldn't be as accurate. Follow me?
    I disagree.. comparing a shot to a pass. In order to mess up on a pass that would take super saiyan level choking. Throwing it to the other team or into the stands on the last possession is worst case scenario.

Most passes with x seconds left are simple kickouts when a star is doubled.. shooting is where pressure comes in. One slight tweak to your shot because you thught too much and its a miss. Even if you were thinking too much for a pass you still have a much larger window to throw the ball to.. anywhere from your teammates knees to shoulders really.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I disagree.. comparing a shot to a pass. In order to mess up on a pass that would take super saiyan level choking. Throwing it to the other team or into the stands on the last possession is worst case scenario.

Most passes with x seconds left are simple kickouts when a star is doubled.. shooting is where pressure comes in. One slight tweak to your shot because you thught too much and its a miss. Even if you were thinking too much for a pass you still have a much larger window to throw the ball to.. anywhere from your teammates knees to shoulders really.
    Only person who could fvck up a pass under pressure situation is Kendrick Perkins. Making a shot takes FAR more accuracy.

Its simply a guy who has made many gamewinning plays in situations where even a single offensive/defensive outcome could lose or win you the game (shot/pass/block/rebound/steal) which is ofcourse at the very last minutes or better yet last seconds of the game either being tied or coming from behind.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

its hard to say someone played clutch defense because its mostly reactionary.. you cant force the issue and take control like you can with the ball in your hands and full space in front of you. Same thing with an assist.. you dont really have full control once you let someone else shoot it. Its all up to them to make it or not.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Clutchness = A player's performance at the end of an important game

Or you can also apply it to a player's performance in a whole entire game if that game is very important (A Game 7 in the playoffs in any round...or basically any game past game 4 of the Conference Finals).

One more thing, in the playoffs it doesnt have to be only the last minute/seconds where clutch time is.... it can also be an entire game, in a game where you are down 3-1 or better yet 3-3, facing elimination.... its simply how you perform when your back is against the wall, when you absolutely MUST perform NOW or the game or in this case the series is over....
    Last edited by pauk; 03-27-2014 at 06:40 PM.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Passing to a Teammate during an expiring shot clock when you're the best player on the floor. Specifically from 3.