Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Lakers, Raptors, Wizards 3-Team Trade Scenario

I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MVBallin2K
    I'd rather have Wall than Lowry. Not like the Wizards front office have shown themselves to be the smartest of the bunch so I'm sure Mitch could smooth talk them into it.

Someone said that Wall is overrated but are you telling me that even if you think that's the case (I don't) that he's not better than our point guards now? I like Steve Blake but the youth of Wall coupled with his speed is D'Antoni's dream come true if he can remain alright with his jumper and his passing ability is there.
    Wizards are not trading Wall. Lay down the pipe brother. Not that the Lakers would want him. He wouldn't fit next to Kobe. He's a scoring PG. Lowry is a true playmaker, gritty defense and actually wins you games. Just the perfect PG for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Ariza needs to come back to the Lakers with Kobe. That chemistry.

The original TA

Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Anyone been following Kyle Lowry this year? How has he been playing? Is his gritty defense and playmaking still top notch?
    hes been great, especially since the rudy gay trade. i think averaging something like 20/7/4 boards a game post trade.

He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    He's playing his best basketball right now. His defense isn't good, though. Is playmaking is decent.
    Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?

Could you get into more detail on his defense? A big reason why I've liked him in the past is his ability to stay in front of quick and crafty point guards like Westbrook and Cp3.

Has he lost that big of a step defensively?
    As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    As of right now, opposing players are hitting at least 45.2% of their shots over Kyle. I observe that he's late when he closes out on shooters and is a bad pick and roll defender.

He's also let players go off on him. Lin, Conley, Lillard, and even Westbrook. Just because he can stay in front of him at times, doesn't mean he stop them. He does set good charges and get steals, but overall his defense is bad this year.

Get it done Mitch!

To me it looks like the Lakers trading away their garbage for a solid PG and a serviceable starting SF. Nobody wants Nash at this point, yes, he is Canadian, but he's almost 40 and acquiring him would be all about novelty value at this point.

I'm not opposed to trading Lowry at all, but i'm sure we can do better. Why not try to grab a young guy and a late pick from OKC, Lowry could easily play beside Westbrick when he comes back.
    Last edited by Phenith; 12-27-2013 at 09:26 PM.