Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Default Re: LeBron aware that Nets, Knicks looking to snag All-Star in future

does anyone here think the nets or knicks will be in a better position to win a championship than the cavs?

with the defense the cavs play, i think they are a player away from serious contention.

Decent college freshman BFRESH44's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    " I have the right to throw my teammates under the bus during the off season, and demand some trade to the Chicago Bulls".

Signed

Eliteballer's Favorite NBA Player
    ZING!

2007 Off season: "Ship his ass[Andrew Bynum] out" , "Get your Bulls jerseys ready fellas"

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Lebron just gained a lot of rep points from me by propping Brooklyn.
    B-town is wayyy cooler than Manhattan.

Quote Originally Posted by BFRESH44
    ZING!

2007 Off season: "Ship his ass[Andrew Bynum] out" , "Get your Bulls jerseys ready fellas"
    "get me the wheelchair, my shoulder hurts!"

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

" I have the right to throw my teammates under the bus during the off season, and demand some trade to the Chicago Bulls".

Signed

Eliteballer's Favorite NBA Player
    Thank GOD he DID !!! Best move he made in all of 2007!

(btw, saying "ship Bynum's ass out for Kidd" is a far cry from throwing teammates under the bus)

shhhhhhh

i doubt lebron is thinking that far ahead, teams think that far ahead but for players things change pretty fast in the NBA, one good trade and lebrons happy as a clam in cleveland, one bad one and he can be out the door, the thing is he's in cleveland for two more years, they have time to make a few moves to make the team more attractive to him (they actually don't seem far off now)....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalobraves
    This could change New York back into a basketball insane city if you see JAMES on the back of a Knicks jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballer4

Its ironic that one James was the worst FA signing in franchise history who wears 32 and the other James will be the best FA signing in franchise history wearing the reverse - 23.

Its all coming together.

Also, it almost appears James might be "stupidly" loyal to a fault. If he lets his friendship with Jay-Z affect his decision to go Nets instead of Knicks, he's a fool. The best player in basketball should play in mecca of basketball - the Garden 41 games a year. Also, I'm pretty sure Lebron James has spent NO time in Brooklyn whatsoever, I guarantee it. Everything you want or need is in Manhattan.

Its just like baseball. I love the Mets, but if you are the biggest star in baseball, you should want to play for the Yankees. That's just the way it is. And actually, in NYC, Mets and Yankees fans are split about 50/50. Not so with Knicks/Nets. Most people are Knicks fan in NYC, cause Nets play in Jersey.
    Last edited by bagelred; 06-30-2008 at 10:49 PM.

F*ck the Nets and Hova, Come to the Garden!

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SourGrapes
    does anyone here think the nets or knicks will be in a better position to win a championship than the cavs?

with the defense the cavs play, i think they are a player away from serious contention.

Cavs are need a whole new team. They need a good PG, a better Wally Szerbiak, a PF who isn't retarded offensively and Big Z is good but getting old. The Knicks will actually try to aquire players, they may be bad. Pair Lebron up with David Lee, Galliniri you will have a sick team in 2010. Players like Q-rich, Nate robinson will be starting on the Cavs.

Well, if Lebron does care about the titles then he wouldn't even consider the Nets or Knicks at all since both of them are light-years away from winning a trophy. However, there's a chance that LBJ would like to use his star-power to make more money and create more market value in NY. If so, he's never gonna win an NBA title I'm sure.

You're the biggest idiot in this site. Danny Ferry is the Cavaliers General Manager not LeBron.

Please stop trolling.
    i got a feeling he will sign with knicks

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarnyc
    the cavs must really feel good hearing their franchise player talk about a possible future with another team...at least wait until its his turn to be a free agent. i really doubt lebron spends much time in brooklyn, jayz hardly goes to bk himself, since when did people start loving the hometown of their boys more then their own hometown? i would love for the knicks to get lebron but his lil crush on jay goes overboard sometimes.
    He didn't make any reference to a future with a different team. He said that these teams have a 'right to dream if they want'. I wouldn't exactly call that an iron clad endorsement.

This is really not news. Here is a much more coherent article that is not filled with innuendo and empty rumors...

Terry Pluto: A lot can happen between now and 2010
    By TERRY PLUTO

In two years, it's a done deal: LeBron James absolutely, definitely without question will be playing for the New Jersey soon to be Brooklyn Nets. Gotta be, because James is big buds with Nets minority owner Jay-Z.

Wait a minute, he wears a Yankees cap and once said Madison Square Garden was one of his favorite arenas. That settles it. In the summer of 2010, James will be signing with the Knicks.

Listen to the talking heads on TV, most of whom don't believe that James actually likes Northeast Ohio. They can't imagine anyone really wanting to live here. We're Devil's Island, only with worse weather. So James has to leave, because they would leave if they were James.

Some media types insist they've heard "from those close to James" that the Cavs star will head east the moment his contract expires in 2010. They point to how the Knicks and Nets are cleaning up their salary cap situations, creating room to bid for James in 2010.

How about this scoop? James is now hanging around with SpongeBob SquarePants, and the two were spotted chomping crabby patties at the Krusty Krab. He must be ticketed for Bikini Bottom in 2010, not just making a cartoon for kids that stresses the need to exercise.

Here's a little logic: NBA rules say the Cavs can offer James one more year -- about $20 million more -- than any other team. This is not baseball, where Boston (Manny Ramirez), Chicago (Albert Belle), Philadelphia (Jim Thome) and Texas (Kevin Millwood) can outbid a Cleveland team for its stars on an open market.

Here's a little history: The last player to walk away from a maximum contract (the kind James will be offered) to sign for less with another team was Shaquille O'Neal, when he left Orlando for Los Angeles in 1996. When other big name free agents such as Steve Nash moved in the summer, it's because their teams did not offer a maximum deal.

Here's more history: In the summer of 2006, the defending NBA champions were the Miami Heat. With Dwyane Wade and O'Neal coached by Pat Riley, they seemed poised to contend for a title for the next few years. Naturally, they were knocked out of the 2007 playoffs in the first round. This season, Wade got hurt, Riley quit coaching, O'Neal was traded to Phoenix and the Heat finished 15-67.

In 2006, the Boston Celtics were 33-49. The starting lineup at various parts of that dismal season included Wally Szczerbiak, Delonte West, Ricky Davis, and Paul Pierce. Two years later, the Celtics are the defending champs, and Pierce is the only significant player left from that 2006 roster.

In 2006, the Lakers were 45-37 and lost in the first round to Phoenix. Yes, that team had Kobe Bryant, but it also started former Cavaliers Chris Mihm and Smush Parker. Two years ago, what were the odds of the Lakers and Celtics meeting in the 2008 NBA Finals?

In 2006, the Cavs won 50 games and lost in the second round to Detroit. The only players left from that team who appeared with the Cavs in the 2008 playoffs are Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Damon Jones, Anderson Varejao, Sasha Pavlovic and James. Consider that two members of the 2006 Celtics -- West and Szczerbiak -- started for the Cavs in the 2008 playoffs.

James to New York? To Brooklyn? To Bikini Bottom? Who knows, and it's way too soon to even guess.
    http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200..._happen_b.html

For as much grief as the Cavs take, does last year's Nets team plus LeBron take the Celtics to seven games, nearly beating the future world champs in games 2 and 7 in the Garden?

The Cavs are pretty clearly not as far from the pinnacle as a lot of people like to believe. A Finals appearance in '07 and taking a team that rolled through the ECF and the Finals to the brink of elimination...

The Cavs are one or two moves away from a championship.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 06-30-2008 at 11:46 PM.

Come play in Brooklyn KING JAMES!!!!
    Yi, Devin and Lopez are waitibg ... and Nets fan 93

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i would really like to see lebron in a knicks uniform that will be crazy. I hate the nets jersey.