Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Irrational Jordan superfan StarJordan's Avatar

Default Re: Why do I keep seeing people solely blaming the players for this predicament?

if players have public concern in mind, let them play for 50000 a year and donate the rest of 4 million to charity....they are not concerned about fans and most of them don't deserve even 1 tenth of what they make.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Why do I keep seeing people solely blaming the players for this predicament?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    Its "people" like you that stick up for people who don't know you, or even care to know you. They simply want you to keep paying for their lifestyle.
    This is one of the most interesting things in this mess. I would really like to know the reason for getting behind any side in this argument so strongly, like getting behind the players in this thread for example. Because they, as you mention, do not care about us. I mean they might say they do but come on now, no one here can actually believe that? And while right should be right, there are people in this world who really, really need our time and effort, and money, better then these chumps.

Doesn't it make a difference to you guys that they actually are millionaires/billionaires? Or soon to be anyway (rookies)? I think that makes all the difference. I do not care, I just want there to be NBA basketball again. But I wont rally behind any part in this mess, others in this world need my effort however little it is more then these billionaires and millionaires.

This might be an american phenomenon perhaps?

But is it still completely about the money though? Because from what Im hearing out there its beginning to be about player movement, and owners wanting to have serious restrictions on it.

Sweden Loves the Green Lebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    But is it still completely about the money though? Because from what Im hearing out there its beginning to be about player movement, and owners wanting to have serious restrictions on it.
    That is a valid point, and I guess that is something fans could get behind. But their is too much talk about the split of revenue for my taste.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

Nah... there's no reason fans should take either side in this. The owners and players are screwing the fans and the low income workers who work at the games and arenas and bars/restuarants near by that depend on the money.