Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829 LastLast

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
    Best story I've ever played in a video game. Rockstar outdid themselves with this game.

I tried to redo the ending about 4 times. Couldn't change it

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    I tried to redo the ending about 4 times. Couldn't change it
    LOL THERE'S NO WAY IN HELL

Banned

after max payne 3 and gta 5.... there best be another red dead game coming...

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Quote Originally Posted by Ol Dirty Bastard
    Best story I've ever played in a video game. Rockstar outdid themselves with this game.
    It's right there with Uncharted 2 story and God of War.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

I have one complaint. I don't like how empty the whole "trying to find my wife and son" plot feels. It's forced down your throat often in dialog but very little emotion or genuine feelings from Marston. I never feel any sort of attachment to his life to be honest.

So far I just started working with the rebels after the Mexican government betrayed me. How far am I? Like 60 percent or more right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I have one complaint. I don't like how empty the whole "trying to find my wife and son" plot feels. It's forced down your throat often in dialog but very little emotion or genuine feelings from Marston. I never feel any sort of attachment to his life to be honest.

So far I just started working with the rebels after the Mexican government betrayed me. How far am I? Like 60 percent or more right?
    He's not really trying to find them, he's just trying to get them back from the government.

And I disagree. The story is executed and told almost flawlessly by Rockstar. I really don't think I have any complaints about the story.

By the way, the ending will hit you like a sack of bricks. One of the best, and most shocking endings I've seen in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    He's not really trying to find them, he's just trying to get them back from the government.

And I disagree. The story is executed and told almost flawlessly by Rockstar. I really don't think I have any complaints about the story.

By the way, the ending will hit you like a sack of bricks. One of the best, and most shocking endings I've seen in a game.
    How close am I to the ending? I guess we just disagree then because while the story in general is very interesting/well written the emotional aspect and connection with Marston feels weak to me. I was sad watching innocents get executed etc... but so far at least I don't feel bonded with Marston at all.

How close am I to the ending? I guess we just disagree then because while the story in general is very interesting/well written the emotional aspect and connection with Marston feels weak to me. I was sad watching innocents get executed etc... but so far at least I don't feel bonded with Marston at all.
    Kind of hard to say without spoiling. But you're getting there.

Home of the 16

Yo, don't kill the BISON's just yet, they wont respawn. They are like the last herd.

Forgot to update. Beat game about a week ago. It got way more emotionally involved but I hated the ending like you all said.

Forgot to update. Beat game about a week ago. It got way more emotionally involved but I hated the ending like you all said.
    The ending is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe Jnr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ9if...eature=related My favorite song from the soundtrack.

Yeah, I'm really late on finally getting this game and playing it, but finally caved and got it. Was at the mall, and stopped by Gamestop and they had the "Game of the Year" edition with Red Dead and Undead Nightmare for $30. Messed around with the early game stuff for about an hour. I'm awful right now at guiding/steering my horse and, when I got to the mission where I had to shoot coyotes on my horse with Bonnie McFarlane, I sucked. It took me way too long just to kill two of them.

I can tell, though, once I get the controls down and they become more second nature, it'll be a lot of fun.