Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: Derek Fisher requests to be waived by Mavs, to sign Chris Douglas-Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    He moved to LA for his kid, he had a legitimate reason. I believe we have seen the last of Fisher in the NBA, as a player at least.
    meh, he went to the town with the 5th or so best facility for his kid. There were clearly more factors at stake than just what was best for his kid.

Default Re: Derek Fisher requests to be waived by Mavs, to sign Chris Douglas-Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    meh, he went to the town with the 5th or so best facility for his kid. There were clearly more factors at stake than just what was best for his kid.

It also helps that he probably still owned a house there. And if you remember, Lakers weren't exactly contenders at the time.

maybe Im a dick, but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I would not mind seeing Dominique Jones get more mins he had a few silly turnover vs Memphis but had about 5-6 magical passes and is a physically very big PG. CDR is a nice pick up but seeing Jones really got me interested in what he could do long term.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    sure. when did we see this before.....?
    What a douche thing to say...

He heard Calderon to Dallas and ran

wait, so his statement indicates that he asked for this after the injury. the other report says this was in the works before the injury, but they asked him to hold on till they could get their ducks in a row. Another reason I dont trust this guy. Fake nice guy IMO.

Sure sure, Im a douche

7-time NBA All-Star

Fisher was never a good enough player to warrant the fame he's gotten. He's been pretty mediocre for most of his career save for a hot streak here or there(2001 WCF). Actually, at times, he's been downright terrible.

Local High School Star gilalizard's Avatar

maybe he senses potential coaching opportunity in lakerland

Local High School Star TryToBeUnbias's Avatar

Think we could see Fisher coaching in the future ?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Fisher was never a good enough player to warrant the fame he's gotten. He's been pretty mediocre for most of his career save for a hot streak here or there(2001 WCF). Actually, at times, he's been downright terrible.

i believe in the 'clutch gene' idea less than most, but fisher has hit some huge shots in big moments, enough to negate his mediocrity for large, less meaningful games. he hit those 2 huge threes in orlando in the finals, to win them the game, he had that wild quarter (game 4 maybe?) in the 2010 finals, and hes hit plenty of other big shots. if i were a laker fan, i would be ok with him being a middling pg for much of the season, when i know he has a history of coming through in crunch time.

and on top of that, with the way this laker season has gone, it seems his leadership was pretty important.

Jazz | Utes | Raiders UtahJazzFan88's Avatar

I'd rather have Fish over Chris Duhon & Darius Morris, sure. But that isn't really saying much about Fish either.

This is BS. They told him they were going to cut him and asked what story he'd like them to put out..

Serious playground baller shortsoptional's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by konex
    This is BS. They told him they were going to cut him and asked what story he'd like them to put out..
    Um... they signed him off the street and were instantly playing him 30 minutes a game. Fisher asked for this, not Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsoptional
    Um... they signed him off the street and were instantly playing him 30 minutes a game. Fisher asked for this, not Dallas.
    And he just hurt his knee and is the easiest player to waive