Default Lionel Hollins FIRED, Billy King DEMOTED

   

Default Re: Lionel Hollins FIRED, Billy King DEMOTED

...and very little has really changed.

king will remain as an advisor, the coach is not going to matter much anyway, the corporate culture is still broken, and the draft picks are still missing.

more:
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2016/1/10/1...-group-culture

Whatever they have to do to make the casual fans happy I guess. They could have just waited until the end of the season....

I heard Billy King was gonna help management find a new General Manager

   

two writers in an SBN article are floating the idea that the nets should just trade whatever they can for draft picks. that means lopez, RHJ, thad young... whoever. it's a depressing thought, but the reality is probably even more depressing.

OTOH if the nets become a 'used parts' shop for playoff teams the next couple years, that could actually work to help stock up on picks. they could actually start the building process before year 2020.

the problem is that prokhy still seems to think the nets can be contenders after this summer. he just doesn't get it. he's arguably worse than ratner at this point. i mean, even if ratner was fiscally conservative, at least he let rod thorn run the show.

the problem with the big cap leap this summer is that it plays right in to prokhy's big weakness of overspending and overreaching. thus, we could be stuck in yet another 'joe johnson - gerald wallace' situation for a few more years instead of seeing the writing on the damn wall.

i really don't know why i keep following this team. ownership and management deserves a hearty "eff you, blundering buffoons," and there aren't enough compelling players to make things interesting.

lord a mighty.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    two writers in an SBN article are floating the idea that the nets should just trade whatever they can for draft picks. that means lopez, RHJ, thad young... whoever. it's a depressing thought, but the reality is probably even more depressing.

OTOH if the nets become a 'used parts' shop for playoff teams the next couple years, that could actually work to help stock up on picks. they could actually start the building process before year 2020.

the problem is that prokhy still seems to think the nets can be contenders after this summer. he just doesn't get it. he's arguably worse than ratner at this point. i mean, even if ratner was fiscally conservative, at least he let rod thorn run the show.

the problem with the big cap leap this summer is that it plays right in to prokhy's big weakness of overspending and overreaching. thus, we could be stuck in yet another 'joe johnson - gerald wallace' situation for a few more years instead of seeing the writing on the damn wall.

i really don't know why i keep following this team. ownership and management deserves a hearty "eff you, blundering buffoons," and there aren't enough compelling players to make things interesting.

lord a mighty.
    I think the same but I don't think it can get worse than this. "After the storm comes a rainbow." Only thing is that rainbow probably won't appear until 2018 or whenever we get our picks after Boston.

I don't know about trading Brook, Thad because we don't want to be tanking for Boston. I doubt we would be able to get 1st round picks for either of them.

   

i don't care about boston. there has to be a bigger goal than just schadenfreude. what happens within each division barely matters, anyway.

the 'rainbow' comes in 2020, i think. i'm pretty sure that's the first year we start having both of our natural picks back.

i'm not sure i really want to just trade anyone, but i would hope brook and thad are at least worth #1's to a playoff team in need. RHJ will hopefully be in that same boat in a year or two.

of course, maybe i'm being too optimistic and we really are just sunk in a quagmire.

do you really want to wait years and years for this situation to turn around? i thought we did that already around the time of 12 - 70.
    Last edited by gigantes; 01-15-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    i don't care about boston. there has to be a bigger goal than just schadenfreude, here. not to mention, what happens in each division matters very little in the NBA.

the 'rainbow' comes in 2020, i think. i'm pretty sure that's the first year we start having both of our natural picks back.

i'm not sure i really want to just trade anyone, but i would hope brook and thad are at least worth #1's to a playoff team in need. RHJ will hopefully be in that same boat in a year or two. of course, maybe i'm being too optimistic and we really are just sunk in a quagmire.

do you really want to wait years and years for this situation to turn around? i thought we did that already around the time of 12 - 70.
    IMO we should sign players to 2-3 year deals until we get our picks back. We should try to make the playoffs every year until we can actually start to rebuild. The problem is most good players this upcoming Free Agency probably are looking for the max. And by the sound of it, Proky isn't trying to break the bank again like he did these last few years.

I don't know. 12-70 at least we had something to look forward to. This.. this is just limbo.

   

i think the main thing is to be patient and careful, and i'm not convinced prokhy is smart enough to do that.

i guess i'll give him this summer to surprise me, but i don't expect that to happen because it doesn't sound like he's learned his lesson.

before the beginning of next season i guess i'll have to make a decision about the nets.

I think the next couple of years churning the bottom of the roster is important. There will be a lot of temptation to pay too much for low and midlevel free agents that won't move the needle. I'd rather be cheap and acquire fallen angel prospects, seasoned Euros, and D-Leaguers until some of them stick. Other than the front court, The Nets don't have many rotation caliber players.

   

well i've been pleasantly surprised by how this has all worked out so far.

brown has been pretty flexible and has been getting a lot more out of the team. even the recent losing has been for a purpose, i.e. giving younger players burn.

marks has made some nice little signings and seems to be building the right culture in brooklyn and standing up to prokhy so far.