Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rivalries Never Die Faptastrophe's Avatar

Default Re: Praying Mantis: GOAT insect

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    My favorite style in Kung Fu to

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    I think they can, but usually don't. I had a praying mantis back in the day. Awesome pet. I loved watching it eat grasshoppers like they were corn on the cob. My brother got sick of helping take care of it and our pet frog, so he put them in a cage to battle to the death. They stayed on opposite sides of the small cage, so my brother flicked them towards each other. The mantis would stab the frog in the back, and the frog would boot the mantis across the cage. Both died, but the mantis died first from the beating while the frog died about 6 hours later after slowly bleeding.

Also, Oregon gets black widows too, but not a lot where I live. I find one once every few years. Think I saw one a couple days ago, but I didn't want to f*ck with it to see if it had the hourglass on the bottom.

I just got the heebie geebies. I can't imagine having black widows. We got all sorts of spiders but not those. Mainly wolf spiders and daddy long legs. We don't have mantis's either. For pest control we have dragonflies. I guess you can consider them flying mantis's.

When I was zip lining in Oregon (that's where I lost my phone) they told us to watch our step because there were a ton of scorpions around. I didn't realize west coast had a ton of critters

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I just got the heebie geebies. I can't imagine having black widows. We got all sorts of spiders but not those. Mainly wolf spiders and daddy long legs. We don't have mantis's either. For pest control we have dragonflies. I guess you can consider them flying mantis's.

When I was zip lining in Oregon (that's where I lost my phone) they told us to watch our step because there were a ton of scorpions around. I didn't realize west coast had a ton of critters
    Black widows like dark and moist. I rarely find them inside the house.

I changed the old garden hose some months ago and thank God I wore gloves because about 3 black widows dropped from below the plastic that was covering the wall the hose was attached to when I removed it.
    Last edited by M.Bustly15A5RU8; 08-21-2012 at 12:42 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Your brother sounds like nice guy when it comes to animals.
    We were considerably younger at the time. I highly doubt he would do something like that now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    You must have been in more the desert areas of Oregon then, like east, central, or south. The Portland area doesn't have scorpions, but there is more dangerous wild life in the boons of Oregon. Scorpions, big ass spiders, and rattle snakes.