Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Bennett to the Raptors..

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Great pick up ? He's been a bad player and he got the spot because he's from Brampton.

We don't even know if he'll make the team yet since it's over 15 players now.

Man people are harsh on Bennett.

He's not as bad as people here make him out to be.

Give him minutes and an opening and see what he can do.

There are no bad players in the NBA
    Last edited by poido123; 09-25-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Banned

Championship cruise!

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

I meant in comparison to average players, he's bad. Bennett doesn't have any stand out skill, outside possible having nice rolls to the basket. He's a tweener and has a weak jumper.

I want him to prove more wrong more than anybody, but you can't just get minutes on a pplayoff team that's looking to get better. Coaches aren't going to play him when their job is on the line. Maybe he'll some role in a small ball lineup ? Can't see him as a consistent role player yet.

But on the bright side, I'm hoping Team Canada did something for his confidence. He was working all summer for them.

Very excited for this pickup, as odd as that sounds. He played well for team canada all summer so hopefully that has his confidence up, and now he gets to return home and be in a new environment, maybe that will spark his motivation.

People are harsh on Bennett because he is trash. He has no concept of how to play ave his offensive have is horrible. He was given fair shots in minny ave Cleveland and pissed it down the drain

Very good NBA starter

the kid doesn't even try. after getting drafted #1, he just mailed it in.

forget 100%. his effort is not even anywhere near 70%.

just look at him.

he doesn't even want to work out or be fit.

and that's his job.

Awesome. The 2013 #1 pick for the veteran minimum? Absolutely a win for the Raptors. Imagine if this guy turns out this year to. Having all his friends and family down the street to support him is going to help a lot to. Plus, I bet playing for the team you grew up cheering for has got to produce some more motivation as well.

I'll be rooting for you Bennett. Just come in and play hard, that will make him a fan favourite ala JYD

I hope he can show some life in Toronto. We get a lot of heat for picking him but that was literally the worst draft ever. I had no idea who to pick. Everyone said Noel but then he got hurt. Outside of MCW and the Greek guy on the Bucks who's name I refuse to even attempt to learn how to spell, nobody was any good. Have some OK bench guys but that's about it. Makes the 2000 draft look amazing.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Great pick up ? He's been a bad player and he got the spot because he's from Brampton.

We don't even know if he'll make the team yet since it's over 15 players now.

You are paying min salary to a #1 draft pick from 2013. Obviously he hasn't lived up to the billing of being a #1 pick but that is still a great pick up for the raps because he has a chance of turning it around and it basically cost the raps nothing.

FYI.... Look at the draft class in 2013. Only players considered for the #1 pick was Noel and maybe Victor and Noel went in with questioning injuries. MCW, Gobert were all bit of surprises. It was a weak draft class.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    You are paying min salary to a #1 draft pick from 2013. Obviously he hasn't lived up to the billing of being a #1 pick but that is still a great pick up for the raps because he has a chance of turning it around and it basically cost the raps nothing.

FYI.... Look at the draft class in 2013. Only players considered for the #1 pick was Noel and maybe Victor and Noel went in with questioning injuries. MCW, Gobert were all bit of surprises. It was a weak draft class.
    He hasn't put up anywhere close to good production for an average player in the league and has missed ton of games because of being either out of shape or injured. Maybe he can turn it around, but if he's going to get minutes it's in the D-league.

It's low risk, high reward. But I still don't know what his major skill is yet either to become rotation player. It certainly won't be right away either because the Raptors I'm sure will want to make the playoffs again and Casey will know he has his job on the line.

I meant in comparison to average players, he's bad. Bennett doesn't have any stand out skill, outside possible having nice rolls to the basket. He's a tweener and has a weak jumper.

I want him to prove more wrong more than anybody, but you can't just get minutes on a pplayoff team that's looking to get better. Coaches aren't going to play him when their job is on the line. Maybe he'll some role in a small ball lineup ? Can't see him as a consistent role player yet.

But on the bright side, I'm hoping Team Canada did something for his confidence. He was working all summer for them.

Many would of thought the same about Barkley, Ben Wallace or Rodman out of college.

Sometimes trends are meant to be broken, the kid has skills and has improved his jumpshot.

He's nuggety and fairly nimble for his size so that could expose PF's who are unable to keep in front of him.

Make a clear, defined roll for him. Maybe even first man off the bench to come out and bring lots of energy. Just don't jerk him around and pull at every mistake he makes.

Decent playground baller Coach Eddie's Avatar

Raps going downhill this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Eddie
    Raps going downhill this season.
    They very well could but it's still the East. They are a lot mediocre to bad teams.

Besides, it's not like Bennett is going to start.

https://mobile.twitter.com/*********...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Anthony Bennett has officially signed with the Toronto Raptors today & will wear no.24 league source tells HHC