Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Shots Fired! CP3 rips female ref

there's probably some selective bias going on here. she probably does make more bad calls than most because she is a rookie. but it's hard to say if its really any more than usual.

my first reaction to those clippers highlights was something like "yea... i've seen this chick make bad calls in the past... noticed it, logged it, remembered it... now this?" and then you start wondering if the delivering of those t's stemmed from an inferiority complex that's hard not to imagine given her job which entails authority over the tallest fastest strongest athletes int he world

but then, when's the last time an nba game went by where you didn't think the refs sucked ass? i disagree with about a dozen calls a game on average. at least a half dozen i'm sure they got wrong. and of the three refs in the game, of that half dozen, probably 3-4 can be attributed to one ref not in their element. do i ever remember who that particular ref is?

when joey crawford makes a bad call or overreacts and calls a tech, i make a note of it. because he's got that history. and he's identifiable, a known figure, plus he's got that shiny head.

there are a few others with name/face recognition for the average fan. this woman is one of them. so when she makes a call, you log it. then when this happens, a bunch of guys -- myself included, initially -- instinctively think they've seen her fk up before and this is just icing on the cake.

this is all hypothetical since i don't and i'm sure few of us do watch enough ball to really be able to evaluate the 50 refs in the league comparatively. but the bottom line is she's probably no worse than any other ref, we just think she is because they all suck and she happens to stick out for reasons that have nothing to do with her ability to see the game and make the right call.

definitely sexists. he wouldnt have said anything if it were a man, but since the refs a woman, he doesnt respect her and chooses to say something.

didnt he say some shit about only wanting a black coach? so its more likely that he said this out of sexism and not just being critical of a ref.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WadeStan
    Has a player ever said this about Joey Crawford? After all his power tripping antics?

How about when Timmy D was called for a T for smiling.
    Nah, they just did this.

Last edited by Akhenaten; 02-07-2015 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    How else do you address a female? Should have said cunt.
    Too strong for live TV...........bitch or hoe would be more acceptable........