Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: Pippen: "As the pressure grew, the pounding grew"

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m15s

[COLOR="Red"]"It was the pressure.. As the pressure grew, the pounding grew.. I wasn't able to answer the bell."[/COLOR]

^^^ This was Pippen being interviewed in the Bad Boys documentary admitting how the pressure caused him to disappear in 1990 ECF Game 7, which cost the Bulls a trip to the Finals.

Remember, the Pistons destroyed the Blazers in 5 easy games in 1990 Finals, whereas the Pistons needed 7 tough games and Pippen's choke to beat the Bulls in ECF..

Based on this, the Bulls would've destroyed the Blazers in the Finals, which means Pippen's Game 7 choke cost the Bulls the 1990 championship and a 4-peat..

he couldn't handle the pressure of the moment.

"maybe it was the pressure... as the pressure grew, the pounding grew."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h22m16s

Pippen talking about why he disappeared in 1990 ECF Game 7 and cost the Bulls a trip to the Finals.
    Migraines are caused by constricted blood vessels in the brain. This creates the feeling of pressure in the head. The pounding feeling is blood going through tighter veins.

This is why caffeine helps, because it dilates the blood vessels in your brain, allowing the blood to flow freely.

Obviously a finals game is a lot of pressure as well, which would have exacerbated a migraine.

You don't want a player to play ball with a migraine. Trust me. I used to get them about once a month and it's like someone is corkscrewing your brain.

Scottie was great through 3.5 quarters but obviously couldn't close ...

And was a known choke artist. Even down to free throws, everyone in Chicago used to fear him going to the line late in games.

Not to mention that absurdly selfish, poor leadership when pouting and removing himself from the final play of a PLAYOFF game because he refused to play decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el

You don't want a player to play ball with a migraine. Trust me. I used to get them about once a month and it's like someone is corkscrewing your brain.
    Remember, the Pistons destroyed the Blazers in 5 easy games in 1990 Finals, whereas the Pistons needed 7 tough games and Pippen's choke to beat the Bulls in ECF..

Based on this, the Bulls would've destroyed the Blazers in the Finals, which means Pippen's Game 7 choke cost the Bulls the 1990 championship and a 4-peat..

The Rockets destroyed the Magic in 4 easy games in the 1995 Finals, whereas the Magic needed 6 tough games and Jordan's choke in Game 1 to beat the Bulls in the ECSF.

Based on this, the Rockets would've destroyed the Bulls in the Finals

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents

The Rockets destroyed the Magic in 4 easy games in the 1995 Finals, whereas the Magic needed 6 tough games and Jordan's choke in Game 1 to beat the Bulls in the ECSF.

Based on this, the Rockets would've destroyed the Bulls in the Finals
    Agreed.

MJ wasn't the same in 1995 - this was evident to those of us who watched him live or were watching the NBA at the time.

And for new fans who weren't there, they can just look at his PER, ws/48, offensive win share or ORtg in the playoffs, and it becomes pretty clear that something unique must have happened that year for his numbers to be so abnormal... Hmmm... wonder what it was..

"As the pressure grew, the pounding grew" - Madonna regarding Pippen.
    Damn what would MJ have done if he hadn't been able to latch onto this alpha male? Oh right: 1-9