Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where does prime Charles Barkley rank all-time?

As for the all-time list, Barkley is generally ranked around 15, give or take a few spots in either direction. But as for his prime(1988-1993), where does he rank all-time?

Default Re: Where does prime Charles Barkley rank all-time?

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

As far as Peek i think TOP 10 ALL TIME.

Total Career Top 10-15 All Time...No Lesser

His Broken Down Stats where Ridiculously Dominant

TOP 10 ALL TINE EFF
    TOP 10-11 ALL TIME IN PER (SEASON AND PLAY-OFFS=
    TOP 5 ALL TIME IN +/-
    TOP 4 ALL TIME IN SHOT MADE/MISSED DIFERENTIAL
    TOP 8 ALL TIME IN WS PER 48 MINUTES.

He was the Most Doubled Player of the late 80s and Early 90s. Sometimes he would be doubled outside at 14-15 FT

Was called the Zone Buster and the Master at Creating Ilegal Defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    As far as Peek i think TOP 10 ALL TIME.

Total Career Top 10-15 All Time...No Lesser

His Broken Down Stats where Ridiculously Dominant

TOP 10 ALL TINE EFF
    TOP 10-11 ALL TIME IN PER (SEASON AND PLAY-OFFS=
    TOP 5 ALL TIME IN +/-
    TOP 4 ALL TIME IN SHOT MADE/MISSED DIFERENTIAL
    TOP 8 ALL TIME IN WS PER 48 MINUTES.

He was the Most Doubled Player of the late 80s and Early 90s. Sometimes he would be doubled outside at 14-15 FT

Was called the Zone Buster and the Master at Creating Ilegal Defenses.
    He couldn't guard my grandma that's something that needs to be considered.

Offensively, top 10. But like the guy above me said, he could not guard the McHale type power forwards AT ALL, so that hurts his prime ranking.

You have to consider his play at the other end, and not just offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie
    Offensively, top 10. But like the guy above me said, he could not guard the McHale type power forwards AT ALL, so that hurts his prime ranking.

You have to consider his play at the other end, and not just offensively.
    He could not guard McHale like Forwards? Yes he could but McHale was Great himself nobody really could guard him too. Barkley the same. Barkley guarded All PFs taller than him and when he had a Decent Center he fiished Top 7 In Defensive Rating. Later on he did not have a Center after 1985-86.

McHale also got outplayed by Barkley who shot 61% Two-Point FG on McHale for over 24 PPG.

Good High School Starter

Too high.

Decent playground baller

Top 20.

Specifically in the 16-18 spot.

owwwww

Below KG for me and mayyybe below Malone. And though I rank Barkley's peak/prime above Malone, I'm more inclined to rank Malone over him lately. In the top 15 or so for me.

Malone's prime was almost twice as long as Barkley's, I'm not sure Barkley was so much better in his prime that his 7-8 prime seasons (which include years where he had injuries) best seasons end up giving you a better chance at winning championships than Malone's 11-12 (never injured). Malone was also more professional, made a huge impact defensively in some series (see his post D on D-Rob in '94 and '96) which Barkley can't say, though Barkley being the better offensive player gives him the edge for me prime wise, but again I don't think he gives you a better shot at a championship over the course of his career than Malone. I also think Barkley's stats from the 80s overrate his impact a little bit.
    Last edited by Fatal9; 11-07-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Saw a basketball once Jimbo_Celtics's Avatar

Cool Re: Where does prime Charles Barkley rank all-time?

One of the greatest power dunkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9
    Below KG for me and mayyybe below Malone. And though I rank Barkley's peak/prime above Malone, I'm more inclined to rank Malone over him lately. In the top 15 or so for me.

Malone's prime was almost twice as long as Barkley's, I'm not sure Barkley was so much better in his prime that his 7-8 prime seasons (which include years where he had injuries) best seasons end up giving you a better chance at winning championships than Malone's 11-12 (never injured). Malone was also more professional, made a huge impact defensively in some series (see his post D on D-Rob in '94 and '96) which Barkley can't say, though Barkley being the better offensive player gives him the edge for me prime wise, but again I don't think he gives you a better shot at a championship over the course of his career than Malone. I also think Barkley's stats from the 80s overrate his impact a little bit.
    Barkley`s Prime was 1985-1995. Malone the same. The only difference was that after ages 32-33 ur athletic ability diminishes and Barkley needed it more at 6`5 and he never practiced because he was so talented. Malone was a work horse, Never really had the talent but he worked himself into a reliable player aswell. The difference was that Malone dropped his FG% in the Play-offs and All his Stats wen`t down including his PER. He wasn`t a clutch player like Barkley was. Barkley had way more 30 PTs and 15 RBs and 30 PTs and 20 RBs games in clutch times than Malone ever had

Barkley was more dominant a Better Pure Scorer, a Better Rebounder, a Better Post Player, a Better Mid Range Shooter (Malone wasn`t bad there but not better) a Better Ball Handler, Could go Coast To Coast and Finish or Pass Off, Needed More Double Teaming, Created Most Ilegal Defenses, Better Slasher, Better Creator, Better Passer, Better Floor Defender, Better Stealer and a Better Shot Blocker (Chase Downs and Great Timing to Block Shots ala Center). Malone was the Better Post Defender and FT Shooter and Catch and Finish player (Barkley hismelf was almost as good there)

Barkley was widley considered better than Malone from 1985 to 1995. In the 1995-96 season thats when Malone was better. I saw them both so i can tell u which one was better unlike some kiddos that saw the NBA un the mid 90s and 2000s ...never really saw SIR CHARELS as he was called.

As Far as Peek Barkley is a Top 10 Player Ever!

How many Players regarding what Broken Down Stats of Efficiency and Dominance rank as High as Barkley? Very Few! and Only MJ appears in the Top 10 in 4-5 or 6 categories of Broken Down Stats as also Sir Charles
    Last edited by Round Mound; 11-08-2011 at 12:38 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tha Catalyst's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Barkley`s Prime was 1985-1995. Malone the same. The only difference was that after ages 32-33 ur athletic ability diminishes and Barkley needed it more at 6`5 and he never practiced because he was so talented. Malone was a work horse, Never really had the talent but he worked himself into a reliable player aswell. The difference was that Malone dropped his FG% in the Play-offs and All his Stats wen`t down including his PER. He wasn`t a clutch player like Barkley was. Barkley had way more 30 PTs and 15 RBs and 30 PTs and 20 RBs games in clutch times than Malone ever had

Barkley was more dominant a Better Pure Scorer, a Better Rebounder, a Better Post Player, a Better Mid Range Shooter (Malone wasn`t bad there but not better) a Better Ball Handler, Could go Coast To Coast and Finish or Pass Off, Needed More Double Teaming, Created Most Ilegal Defenses, Better Slasher, Better Creator, Better Passer, Better Floor Defender, Better Stealer and a Better Shot Blocker (Chase Downs and Great Timing to Block Shots ala Center). Malone was the Better Post Defender and FT Shooter and Catch and Finish player (Barkley hismelf was almost as good there)

Barkley was widley considered better than Malone from 1985 to 1995. In the 1995-96 season thats when Malone was better. I saw them both so i can tell u which one was better unlike some kiddos that saw the NBA un the mid 90s and 2000s ...never really saw SIR CHARELS as he was called.

As Far as Peek Barkley is a Top 10 Player Ever!

How many Players regarding what Broken Down Stats of Efficiency and Dominance rank as High as Barkley? Very Few! and Only MJ appears in the Top 10 in 4-5 or 6 categories of Broken Down Stats as also Sir Charles
    No his defense was too poor for him to have a top 10 prime. Offense is half the game, defense is the other half. You don't see any other player with below average defensive game in the top 10 primes for a good reason.

#15-#19

thats the area where i have Barkley, Malone, Lebron, Dirk....

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    #15-#19

thats the area where i have Barkley, Malone, Lebron, Dirk....
    Prime LBJ in that range? I personally couldn't care less about LeBron but I don't think there are 14 other players with better primes.

Local High School Star

Top 15 i think.

He's below KG, but still ahead of Malone.